Windows 10: windows 10 voice input

Discus and support windows 10 voice input in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am trying to set up my new Dell Vostro 3670 desktop running Windows 10 pro and I need voice input to the computer. When I plugged in a headset... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Larry Buschman, Dec 30, 2018.

1. windows 10 voice input

I am trying to set up my new Dell Vostro 3670 desktop running Windows 10 pro and I need voice input to the computer.

When I plugged in a headset into the headset port (port 5) on the front of the computer , I got the following

message when I tried to troubleshoot the problem (Settings > Update and Security > Troubleshoot > Recording Audio)

windows 10 voice input 50e4620d-73cc-46cf-9b60-0d4a4a048962?upload=true.png

Plug in the microphone or headset

The device does not appear to be plugged in. Check the connection, plug in the device, then click next.

The headset is plugged in.

I have also tried using a stand alone microphone plugged into the microphone port (port 3) on the back of the computer.

windows 10 voice input 006efb6d-69f2-4059-8af1-9d266f8ba1ea?upload=true.png

The computer does not recognize the microphone when I go to Sound > Recording Tab

windows 10 voice input bebeb261-c0d5-4418-a340-23db817fa2f6?upload=true.png

What am I doing wrong?

:)

Larry Buschman, Dec 30, 2018
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Dec 30, 2018
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Dec 30, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

windows 10 voice input

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 30, 2018
Thema:

windows 10 voice input

1. windows 10 voice input - Similar Threads - voice input

2. Voice input needs internet message when already connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Voice input needs internet message when already connected: Hi all,I've been using Windows voice input Windows key + H quite successfully for several months. Today when I start it, it issues a message "You'll need the internet for this." I'm already connected to the internet and able to successfully navigate through the browser.I'm...
  3. Voice input needs internet message when already connected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Voice input needs internet message when already connected: Hi all,I've been using Windows voice input Windows key + H quite successfully for several months. Today when I start it, it issues a message "You'll need the internet for this." I'm already connected to the internet and able to successfully navigate through the browser.I'm...
  4. My Headset MIC was working great until today the input voice was very low.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Headset MIC was working great until today the input voice was very low.: I checked the recording devices and its properties the input was only 5dB and there was no microphone boost. My drivers are updated and I have Plantronics C320M which a usb headset. Pls help fast....
  5. Voice Chat Causing Input Lag

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Voice Chat Causing Input Lag: I have been experiencing a problem where when I play a game that has in game voice chat, or I am using a voice chat app like discord I get really bad input lag. Buttons will press a second late or will act like they are stuck and keep me moving in game for longer than I...
  6. my only input registering is voicemod voice changer, and it does not pick up any input...

in Windows 10 Customization
    my only input registering is voicemod voice changer, and it does not pick up any input...: my only input registering is voicemod voice changer, and it does not pick up any input devices either, please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-only-input-registering-is-voicemod-voice/ceaadb51-6e86-4fcb-935f-6d7f36f78cd8
  7. Game Bar voice chat creating input lag in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Bar voice chat creating input lag in games: Whenever i get into a call with my friend who plays on xbox, i get input lag in games. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-bar-voice-chat-creating-input-lag-in-games/1f11ebfa-6001-42f8-af3b-5155492315e6
  8. Diable Cortana Voice Input

in Cortana
    Diable Cortana Voice Input: I have no desire to "Speak to my Computer", nor to have Cortana "Yell at me" about how helpful she is... How do I disable Cortana Voice Input... I (kind of) like Cortana, but would rather just type my question...
  9. Bluetooth head set can connect only as input device, says connected voice. HP 15-Win10 laptop.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bluetooth head set can connect only as input device, says connected voice. HP 15-Win10 laptop.: Bluetooth headset can connect only as an input device, says connected voice. HP 15-Win10 laptop. had no issues a couple of days ago. I can connect the same Bluetooth headset with my android without any issues. I have tried everything I can including the troubleshooting...
  10. The Voice Input And The Voice Output Are Gone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The Voice Input And The Voice Output Are Gone: So, I own a Lenovo Legion Y730 Gaming Laptop. Today I was just playing Counter Strike Global Offensive. My Discord Was Working All Fine. Then I decided to free some space. Then I used my ordinary Cleaner for Windows 10. Everything went well until i started playing Minecraft....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 voice input

2. voice input windows 10