Windows 10: WIndows 10 Voice Recorder File Format

Discus and support WIndows 10 Voice Recorder File Format in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I get voice recorder to record as an MP3 file? I just want to save these files as MP3s. I'm not converting anything, I just want my voice... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ThomasCooper4, Nov 20, 2019.

1. WIndows 10 Voice Recorder File Format

How do I get voice recorder to record as an MP3 file?

I just want to save these files as MP3s. I'm not converting anything, I just want my voice recordings to save as MP3s so they actually work with my other devices. MP4A is awful.

:)

ThomasCooper4, Nov 20, 2019

2. change voice recorder file format

When I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10, the Sound Recorder, which was saving my files in WMA format, was replaced with the Voice Recorder which saves files in MP4a format which takes up more space and makes it more challenging to send or upload files
    to websites that only allow limited space. Is there a way I can save files on the Voice Recorder in a different format? Or is there a way I can re-install the old Sound Recorder and thus save my recordings in WMA format?

Mattschaeffer(2), Nov 20, 2019
  3. Voice Recorder Format

I recorded a file in Voice Recorder, but when I tried to upload it, the site I was uploading to said it had to be in WAV format. I can't tell what format the original file is in, and can't figure out how to change it. Two other pre-loaded apps don't work.
    One doesn't show anything except a tiny, rectangular window, the other records in WMV format. How do I change the Voice Recorder file to the WAV format, so I can upload it?

Joseph Shivell, Nov 20, 2019
  4. 12Comp Win User

WIndows 10 Voice Recorder File Format

Voice Recorder audio format

I want to record using Voice Recorder in Windows 10 and use it as a ringtone on my android phone. It records in m4a format an it looks like android wants mp3.

There's no clear indication at all as to how to save files from the Voice Recorder.

How can I change the format to mp3. I *really* do not want to use a 3rd party app

12Comp, Nov 20, 2019
Thema:

WIndows 10 Voice Recorder File Format

1. WIndows 10 Voice Recorder File Format - Similar Threads - Voice Recorder File

2. Voice Recordings on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Voice Recordings on Windows 10: How do I save the recordings? There's nothing on the left side. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/voice-recordings-on-windows-10/9fa6201c-d5ab-44e5-9a77-b0351e22a95b
  3. Windows Voice Recorder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Voice Recorder: On my previous AIO desktop computer I used the Windows 10 voice recorder to record our veterans' group virtual meetings and used these recordings to create meeting minutes. I was able to hear all parties participating in these meetings and found the voice recorder feature to...
  4. Windows 10 Voice Recorder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Voice Recorder: I recently was upgraded to Windows 10 and I am very frustrated with the Voice Recorder. I used to be able to record phone conversations over the computer with the Windows 8 Sound Recorder. Now, I can only record either my voice or the computer...not both. This is a...
  5. Recording voice in Windows 10

Recording voice in Windows 10: I am trying to record my reading some prose. Before Windows 10 the recording was in a .wav format, but is now in a .m4a. The results are not as good as it was with Windows 7. Is there a better way for me to record? Thanks a bunch, Uncle Dewey...
  6. Voice Recording

Voice Recording: I have been recording meetings with Voice Recorder, am now trying to listen to these recordings but unable to hear any sound. I can hear prior recordings. I played around and figured that the microphone input made the difference. Is there anyway to retrieve the sound in...
  7. No sound on voice recorder file

No sound on voice recorder file: Hi I used voice recorder to record a meeting using my laptop and the internal microphone. The file is available and saved but when I play it I can't hear any sound. Please advise...
  8. Voice Recorder Format

Voice Recorder Format: I recorded a file in Voice Recorder, but when I tried to upload it, the site I was uploading to said it had to be in WAV format. I can't tell what format the original file is in, and can't figure out how to change it. Two other pre-loaded apps don't work. One doesn't show...
  9. Windows 10 voice recorder and windows 10 screen recorder

Windows 10 voice recorder and windows 10 screen recorder: Hi, Im using voicemeeter but the voice and screen recorder is picking the voice from my mic not from Voicemeeter. Does some one know how to fix it....
  10. Windows 10 Voice Recorder

Windows 10 Voice Recorder: While my Windows 10 Pro Voice Recorder seems to otherwise work okay (utilizing a 3.5mm mini phono cable) the recording volume is so weak that it's barely legible during playback, especially when I've used it to record telephone conversations. Is there some kind of inline...