Windows 10: Windows 10 volume acting weird

Discus and support Windows 10 volume acting weird in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all, I've been having this problem for quite a while now. Basically the sound levels are all messed up. Every time I load a new youtube video,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DamianGoh, Apr 18, 2019.

1. DamianGoh Win User

Windows 10 volume acting weird

Hi all,

I've been having this problem for quite a while now.

Basically the sound levels are all messed up. Every time I load a new youtube video, the sound is ridiculously loud initially, like 2-3 times louder than my intended setting. The sound level only goes back to my intended level when I press either the volume up or the volume down key on my keyboard. Note that there is no change in the volume setting that causes this sound amplification; the sound level setting is displayed to be at my last setting despite the wildly amplified speaker sound. This might happen if I've paused the video for some time and I go back to resuming the video as well.

The problem also manifests in other areas. In VLC media player, the speaker sound likewise blasts at a level 2-3 times louder than the setting whenever I start a new video, and resets itself when I press either volume button.

Also likely related, but whenever I play Monster Hunter World, the volume sounds ridiculously soft, like 2-3 times softer than all other programs.

I've tried toggling the loudness equalisation setting on from the speaker properties and it seems to have fixed the problem with Monster Hunter, although the initial volume boost from Youtube and VLC player remains.

Anyone has had similar experiences and know a fix to this? This never happened when I was running windows 8 or 8.1 on the same machine.

:)

DamianGoh, Apr 18, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 18, 2019
  3. ACT Pro 2013 will not open in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

The most likely causes on a standalone are a damaged or invalid .pad file or SQL is not running, or is damaged.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Click your Windows Start button, choose Run and type in actdiag.

• When ACT! Diagnostics comes up, click Databases, the Database List.

• Locate your database in the list, right-click on it and select Detach. Make sure you know the filepath to your database before detaching it.

• When the database has been detached, open My Computer (or Windows Explorer) and browse to the location of your database.

• Locate the .PAD file for your database [database name].pad and delete it.

• Reopen ACT!...you will get a message that the last database opened cannot found, then will be taken to the Open Database dialog box.

• At the bottom of this box, change the Files of Type to .adf, browse to the location of your database and double-click on the .adf file for your database.

• You will get a message that ACT! will verify your database, click OK and ACT will reattach your database to SQL and create a new .pad file.

• Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Apr 18, 2019
  4. GioXmen Win User

Windows PowerShell acting weird?

Thanks for the suggestion! Sadly it did not work( option two looked promising) , done option two and ran the batch file as administrator in option three, did not help :/

P.S Seems like Powershell ISE does work, but the default Powershell does not. [GREEN] - works, [RED] - does not work.

Windows 10 volume acting weird [​IMG]

Windows 10 volume acting weird [​IMG]

GioXmen, Apr 18, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 volume acting weird - Similar Threads - volume acting weird

2. Windows 11 acting weird

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 acting weird: Hello microsoft community!I am using windows 11I actually made a mistake and disable windows defender system. Then I realized windows acting weird. Then I recovered all my settings to 3 hours so that the windows defender system started. But after that I realized some of the...
  3. Windows acting weird

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows acting weird: Hey, been having some weird problems with windows since building this computer. Specs: Intel Core i7-10700K RTX 3070 Gigabyte OC 8gb 750W Corsair 80 PLUS Gold RM750x Kingston SA2000 M.2 Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 C16 So the issues I'm having are:...
  4. Windows is acting weird

Windows is acting weird: Hello, I have had a problem for some time now. Windows is acting weird that when I want to use something related to windows it just randomly keeps tabbing. For example, I click on the windows symbol to open the menu, and windows just scroll back and forth like when I am...
  5. Windows 10 is acting weird

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 is acting weird: Yesterday i noticed that some things are not working properly so i checked windows defender and i noticed there was one threat that i cannot delete, i didn't think much about that and i format windows and the partition where it was installed. But the problem is still there i...
  6. Windows 10 not starting and acting weird

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 not starting and acting weird: I've ran into a major probelm. I'll describe everything that happened and I would really appreciate if someone could help. So basically today my windows just crashed. When I'm trying to restart it one of those things happen: The screen turns black and eventually the PC...
  7. Windows 10 is acting really weird

Windows 10 is acting really weird: I'm using Windows 10.Since a few days ago my laptop started to act really weird. 1. If I write something it gets backspaced on its own. 2. Whenever I open a folder it keeps going backward and forward as if it's working on its own There is no virus detected on the system....
  8. Windows defender is acting weird.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender is acting weird.: So, I recently got a brand new computer, and I wanted to personalize some of my settings. I went to windows defender, and when I tried to open some of the settings, I kept getting the "You'll need a new app to open this" window. I've been having a hard time trying to find a...
  9. Windows acting weird

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows acting weird: My dell computer with windows sometimes makes noise, even when it is turned off. Not the sound of the fan, but it will often use the notifcation jingle. I’ve reset, used windows defender to check for viruses, and looked all over, but I can’t seem to find a solution. If anyone...
  10. windows 10 acting weird

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 acting weird: for the past couple of days now my pc a sony vaio desktop with windows 10 has been acting weird slow to boot up, no text showing in my files, my Web browsers are also not working and when I shut my pc down I get a blue screen no idea what to do ? [img] 105437

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win10 acting weird