Windows 10: Windows 10 volume control doesn't work on all videos

Discus and support Windows 10 volume control doesn't work on all videos in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I currently have an old laptop hooked up to the TV to watch stuff on. I have noticed that sometimes videos on VLC aren't affected by me changing the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/test_test_1_2_3, Jun 3, 2020.

1. Windows 10 volume control doesn't work on all videos

I currently have an old laptop hooked up to the TV to watch stuff on. I have noticed that sometimes videos on VLC aren't affected by me changing the volume within windows. Is it file format related?

The TV is connected to a sound bar by an optical cable because the TV is so old it doesn't have Arc. The TV is obviously the default output device on Windows.

How can I resolve this so changing volume works on everything and not have to turn down the sound bar itself?

Thanks

submitted by /u/test_test_1_2_3
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/test_test_1_2_3, Jun 3, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Windows 10 volume control doesn't work on all videos [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jun 3, 2020
  3. volume control error

Hi Akash,

The issue with volume control could have happened due to the corrupted or outdated driver. To resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the 2 methods below:

Method 1: Run the Audio Troubleshooter on the system.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. We would suggest you run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key+X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view as an option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter

Method 2. Uninstall and reinstall the latest drivers from the manufacturer website.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.
    • Right-click on the Sound card and click on Uninstall.
    • Install the latest audio driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know the result for us to assist you further.

Anthony Gal, Jun 3, 2020
  4. Windows 10 volume control doesn't work on all videos

keyboard doesn' t working

keyboard doesn' t working, it doesn't popup on my nokia lumia 735 after I took windows 10, 10586 version. Please, help!!!

ZelenaVisnja, Jun 3, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 volume control doesn't work on all videos

1. Windows 10 volume control doesn't work on all videos - Similar Threads - volume control doesn't

2. Volume control doesn't work on headset after re-connecting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume control doesn't work on headset after re-connecting.: Windows 11 OS Build 22621.1105 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22638.1000.0First of all, I tried to submit this using the Feedback feature on Windows Desktop, and I was getting a perpetual loading circle-spiral-thing.My actual issue is with using a pair of...
  3. Volume control doesn't work on headset after re-connecting.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume control doesn't work on headset after re-connecting.: Windows 11 OS Build 22621.1105 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22638.1000.0First of all, I tried to submit this using the Feedback feature on Windows Desktop, and I was getting a perpetual loading circle-spiral-thing.My actual issue is with using a pair of...
  4. JBL Flip 5 Bluetooth speaker volume control doesn't work with windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    JBL Flip 5 Bluetooth speaker volume control doesn't work with windows 10: I have different Bluetooth speakers that can control and be controlled through windows 10 volume slide bar, except for a JBL Flip 5 speaker that can control the windows volume, but can't work the opposite way, windows volume controls just seam to be changing but actually it...
  5. Volume control will not work in Windows 10

Volume control will not work in Windows 10: speaker icon no longer works after recent update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-control-will-not-work-in-windows-10/6c78fc02-5eb9-4e8b-bd79-99d23189d06b
  6. Volume control doesn't work on Lenovo Flex 14.

Volume control doesn't work on Lenovo Flex 14.: I have a brand new Lenovo Flex 14. I took it out of the box, installed Windows, installed updates, drivers, etc. Before I even started using it I made sure everything was up to date and working. Except apparently the volume control. System-wide volume control does nothing at...
  7. Volume Control not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Volume Control not working: The volume control on the lower right of the screen is not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-control-not-working/b1c2fb65-7937-467a-97f7-05887fb37172
  8. Windows 10 Taskbar Volume Control not working

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Taskbar Volume Control not working: [ATTACH] The Volume Control icon in the system tray is the quickest way to control volume on your Windows 10 PC. However if after a recent update or a software installation, it no longer responds to mouse clicks, whether it be a [...] This post Windows 10 Taskbar Volume...
  9. Windows 10 volume control doesn't work

Windows 10 volume control doesn't work: Hello I installed windows 10 and i like it very much, except for one thing; i can't adjust my windows volume. I had this problem before with previous windows but i could fix this to right click on the volume icon right below the the task bar and press playback devices....
  10. All of a sudden control alt delete doesn't work ?

in Windows 10 Support
    All of a sudden control alt delete doesn't work ?: Any idea what causes this ? Really strange . Works for a while then all of a sudden I get the message stating it doesn't work and hit escape ? 5810