Windows 10: Windows 10 volume is extremely low after latest update

Discus and support Windows 10 volume is extremely low after latest update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After installing the latest cumulative updates for Windows 10 version 1903, I have experienced low volume issues on my laptop. Rarely it will behave... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by the2048, Oct 29, 2019.

1. the2048 Win User

Windows 10 volume is extremely low after latest update

After installing the latest cumulative updates for Windows 10 version 1903, I have experienced low volume issues on my laptop.

Rarely it will behave normally. For reference, here are system specifications:

i5-3320M at 2.6GHz

8GB DDR3L

120GB SSD

Windows 10 Pro

Laptop model: ThinkPad T430 type 2349

:)

the2048, Oct 29, 2019
  2. CM_on_win Win User

Extremely low microphone volume after upgrade

After updating from Windows 7 to Windows 10 (kinda prefer 7 to be honest, but still getting used to 10), I've discovered that the input volume on my microphone - a generic old style (though not immensely old) stalk mic - is extremely low, low enough that
    software just considers it noise. I have updated my Realtek audio drivers to no effect. Driver volume and boost set to maximum. Any idea what I can do about this?

CM_on_win, Oct 29, 2019
  3. Extremely low microphone volume after upgrade

Hello,

I request you to follow the below steps:

Step 1: Uninstall the Sound card Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.
    • Click on “Device Manager” from that list.
    • Search for the Sound driver from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then
      remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Sound Card manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the Sound Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Oct 29, 2019
  4. CM_on_win Win User

Extremely low microphone volume after upgrade

I tried that a couple days ago, but I just tried again now to no effect. The compatible drivers are "audio endpoint" and "generic software device", both of which result in extremely low input volume.

CM_on_win, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 volume is extremely low after latest update - Similar Threads - volume extremely low

2. Microphone volume extremely low

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone volume extremely low: After I reset my computer due to hard disk failure. I've experience problem with my microphone. The problem is when I'm on my Teams call, my friends told me that my mic audio is extremely low. Did a test on audacity software and all of my microphone including the built-in on...
  3. Microphone volume extremely low

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone volume extremely low: After I reset my computer due to hard disk failure. I've experience problem with my microphone. The problem is when I'm on my Teams call, my friends told me that my mic audio is extremely low. Did a test on audacity software and all of my microphone including the built-in on...
  4. Microphone volume extremely low

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Microphone volume is too low after update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone volume is too low after update: Hi experts, I'm using HP 15s-du2023tx laptop and my built-in microphone is not working properly after a Windows 10 update. Tried to perform a microphone test, and driver update but it did not fix the issue. Tried to run Troubleshoot, but it cannot detect the problem. I tried...
  6. W10 sound extremely low volume

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    W10 sound extremely low volume: I removed and installed my MB into my wife's tower. I finally have it all setup, EXCEPT, I have extremely low volume from my external speakers connected to line out and from headphones connected to the HD Audio front panel jack. Sound is the same with or without the HD audio...
  7. Low fps after latest Microsoft 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Low fps after latest Microsoft 10 update: Hi. After latest forced Microsoft 10 update, my fps is very low usually 0 or 1 while playing games, which makes games unplayable. Before, my fps used to be 100 and higher. I tried to turn off apps running in backround, increase performance of the notebook and etc., but...
  8. Extremely low microphone volume on Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Extremely low microphone volume on Windows 10 PC: I've been using my Sennheiser HD 598SR with my laptop for online classes, discord and music in general. However, I've been facing a major issue lately. Whenever I speak on discord, the person on the other end says that my voice is very feeble and that I should speak up a bit....
  9. Mic volume extremely low

Mic volume extremely low: i need help ASAP. I have a headset with a mic, and it works fine on my laptop, my Xbox, my phone, everything. The mic is normal volume there. However, in Windows 10, it is extremely quiet, even though all my mic settings are turned to 100. Gain does not help, none of the...
  10. low volume after updat how to fix

low volume after updat how to fix: how to fix volume on widows update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/low-volume-after-updat-how-to-fix/635396bb-6ea2-437c-8033-cb33224b001d