Windows 10: Windows 10 volume lowering problems?

Discus and support Windows 10 volume lowering problems? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi MS Community, I've been having trouble for a while now with services (specifically Spotify Web Player and Youtube) lowering their volume... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by viola883, Apr 25, 2019.

1. viola883 Win User

Windows 10 volume lowering problems?

Hi MS Community,

I've been having trouble for a while now with services (specifically Spotify Web Player and Youtube) lowering their volume automatically for some reason. I can't seem to figure out why. I always run these websites on Google Chrome, so this may be a Chrome issue. I don't think it is a Spotify problem or a Youtube problem. The installed Spotify app runs consistently well but the web player has issues. After every song, the volume disappears to about 1 or 2 percent, not completely muted. If the house is quiet I can still hear it barely in my headphones. The volume slider does not appear to reduce the volume. It still displays the volume at full capacity. All I have to do to fix it is slide the slider down a bit and back up and it returns to normal volume.

Same with Youtube, but with one slight difference. After every video, Windows reduces the volume. Adjusting the Youtube volume slider does nothing. Instead I have to lower and then raise again the Windows volume slider. That's why I think it may be a Windows problem.

I've already tried reinstalling my audio driver multiple times, adjusting audio enhancements, and playing with the mixer and equalizer settings to see if it's fixed. Nothing helps.

I can't remember exactly when this started, but it's been going on at least a few months, which is why I switched to using the installed Spotify app instead of the web version.

Thank you for your input!

:)

viola883, Apr 25, 2019

2. Phone volume and music player volume are somehow interlinked, if i lower the volume of music player it will result in lowering the ringing volume.

Phone volume and music player volume are somehow interlinked, if i lower the volume of music player it will result in lowering the ringing volume. What to do??????????? Anybody give some suggestion or request microsoft to provide an update with this issue
    solved......................................... I Use Nokia Lumia 520 (Yellow).........

Thank You...

The Inspironatic Guy, Apr 25, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 25, 2019
  4. Windows 10 volume lowering problems?

Windows 10 sound volume suddenly much lower

In the last week I have noticed that although I move the slider to maximum the sound volume is significantly lower. Any suggestions.

GordonBlue3104, Apr 25, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 volume lowering problems?

1. Windows 10 volume lowering problems? - Similar Threads - volume lowering problems

2. Volume on windows 10 keeps lowering bij 90%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume on windows 10 keeps lowering bij 90%: I use my PC for work and calls. And each time I get a call through windows phone link, it lowers the volume of everything else. This is extremely irritating as I manually have to drag it back up each time.Before you recommend me to set the settings on "Do nothing" in sound...
  3. Volume on windows 10 keeps lowering bij 90%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume on windows 10 keeps lowering bij 90%: I use my PC for work and calls. And each time I get a call through windows phone link, it lowers the volume of everything else. This is extremely irritating as I manually have to drag it back up each time.Before you recommend me to set the settings on "Do nothing" in sound...
  4. Volume on windows 10 keeps lowering bij 90%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Volume lowers by itself.

Volume lowers by itself.: I am using Windows 10 version 1909 Every time I open a program that is using my microphone, be it OBS, a game, or just an app to record audio through it, the volume of everything else get lowered significantly. I tried checking the "Do nothing" option in the...
  6. Windows 10 Volume Lowers Itself

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Volume Lowers Itself: This has happened three times in the last few hours. I've been listening to music on itunes, when the volume will gradually mute itself. It's as though I'm holding down the lower volume button on my keyboard but I'm not. I have a usb keyboard, so I move it out of the way to...
  7. Headphones not lowering volume Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones not lowering volume Windows 10: Hi, As of recent I am unable to control the volume of headphones I plug in- they remain at 100% volume no matter where I put the slider. I've tried updating the audio driver, reinstalling the audio driver, disabling audio enhancements, and nothing is working. The external...
  8. Microphone lowering volume

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone lowering volume: Well I had some glitches going to update 1909 so I had to reset the computer. Everythings good now except for my microphone. I was talking to some friends in discord and they were telling me that my voice kept lowering until they wouldn't hear me anymore. We all had this...
  9. Volume automatically lowering continously on Windows 10 Laptop.

Volume automatically lowering continously on Windows 10 Laptop.: The Volume box displays constantly on screen and its constantly reducing volume so its always zero. Check the screenshot below. Please help. [ATTACH]...
  10. Sound problem - volume lowered at startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound problem - volume lowered at startup: No matter what I do the volume setting is always lowered at startup. I hope there's a setting somewhere that I'm missing. Could it be a Realtek setting/problem? Any ideas? 27379