Windows 10: Windows 10 volume slider and mute button not working on wireless not bluetooth headsets

Discus and support Windows 10 volume slider and mute button not working on wireless not bluetooth headsets in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi! I own two different wireless headsets for which the windows sound control does not work changing volume or muting, the volume always stays the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DerBartle, Jun 8, 2021.

1. DerBartle Win User

Windows 10 volume slider and mute button not working on wireless not bluetooth headsets

Hi! I own two different wireless headsets for which the windows sound control does not work changing volume or muting, the volume always stays the same. So thisis the same volume as thisIf I change the volume in the sound mixer for separate programs it works as expected, so only the master volume does nothing:For other devices, e.g. bluetooth headphones, wired speakers, monitor speakers, etc. everything works as expected.I already tried every fix I could find online, for example this or this, but nothing works. I had the same problem on my old pc, where this problem started oc

:)

DerBartle, Jun 8, 2021

2. Bluetooth headset works but i can't use Windows volume to control it

Hi,

I have a Sony Gold Wireless headset and it works perfectly fine, the only issue is that the windows volume Control (the slide in the task bark) doesn't affect it at all. So in order to change the volume i have to either use the built-in buttons of the headset, or whatever software am currently using, this is not a critical issue but am very used to the volume buttons i have in the keyboard (specially the "Mute" button).

What i tried so far :
    Making it the default playback device :

Windows 10 volume slider and mute button not working on wireless not bluetooth headsets RpglmNq.png

Enabling bluetooth services :

Windows 10 volume slider and mute button not working on wireless not bluetooth headsets uUhWxVy.png

I also tried using the "troubleshoot tool" and updating the driver, nothing solved this issue, because like i said, the headset is playing Sound correctly, its just that somehow it overwrite windows sound control or something.
    I also did some comparison with my Razer headset and i noticed something a bit weird,

In my other Windows-10 pc, when playing AC/DC - Highway to hell solo on full volume, the playback device volume bars looks like this :

Windows 10 volume slider and mute button not working on wireless not bluetooth headsets jPMmMOr.gif

Playing the exact same song from the exact same source (Spotify) with full volume and also with the Razer headset, the volume bars don't get passed "4-5 bars" even thought that in my ears it's as loud as the other computer :

Windows 10 volume slider and mute button not working on wireless not bluetooth headsets FE2eY9Q.gif

And for the sony Headset, it shows the same result in the "bad" and "good" PC (can't pass 4-5 bars)

Windows 10 volume slider and mute button not working on wireless not bluetooth headsets vHjqBhN.gif

I have no idea if this can help or even if it has any meaning but I just noticed that its kinda weird, even when i use the speakers the volume bars are always limited to "4-5 bars".

But again, my main issue is that i want this slider to work :

Windows 10 volume slider and mute button not working on wireless not bluetooth headsets wvGBG69.png

Cause even that its set to Mute, Windows is still doing a tons of Sound.

Edit :

Another thing that i forgot, using the volume mixer has some strange results too, changing the volume of an individual software works perfectly, in this screenshot

Windows 10 volume slider and mute button not working on wireless not bluetooth headsets CjLcdLT.png

I was able to reduce Spotify volume to ~30%.

Then i took it back to match main system volume (100%) and then reduced the whole System volume

Windows 10 volume slider and mute button not working on wireless not bluetooth headsets nHFtjCe.png

and as always, absolutely no effect, even when its muted.

Thank you

alaslipknot, Jun 8, 2021
  3. 12100 Win User
    Volume Slider not working with headphones

When I use my wireless headphones with my PC (with a bluetooth dongle), the volume is stuck at 66, and moving the volume slider does nothing except for when I mute the volume. I've been using my headphones for 6 months but this problem just started happening
    today.

12100, Jun 8, 2021
  4. Windows 10 volume slider and mute button not working on wireless not bluetooth headsets

Windows volume control slider does not affect headset

I have a Sony Gold Wireless Headset that I have been using for quite a few months now, and until yesterday they had worked flawlessly. Yesterday, I was messing around with options trying to do something and now the volume slider does not affect the headsets
    output volume. It says I am changing the volume for "Sony Headset (Wireless Stereo Headset)" but the volume does not change unless I do it manually on the headset. For months, I was able to control the volume on the PC itself. Any help would be fantastic!

PS, This problem was happening before I upgraded to Windows 10, so the upgrade is not the issue.

AdamTheZombie, Jun 8, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 volume slider and mute button not working on wireless not bluetooth headsets

1. Windows 10 volume slider and mute button not working on wireless not bluetooth headsets - Similar Threads - volume slider mute

2. Mute button not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mute button not working: I have a Yoga Duet 7i Gen 6 13" Intel laptop. And my mute button on my keyboard suddenly stopped working.It used to have a pop-up thing that shows up on my screen, which indicates that it has enabled or disabled the mute.However, now the mute button only lights up the LED...
  3. Mute button not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mute button not working: I have a Yoga Duet 7i Gen 6 13" Intel laptop. And my mute button on my keyboard suddenly stopped working.It used to have a pop-up thing that shows up on my screen, which indicates that it has enabled or disabled the mute.However, now the mute button only lights up the LED...
  4. Volume slider. My volume slider of windows 10 on taskbar dosent works with my Bluetooth...

Volume slider. My volume slider of windows 10 on taskbar dosent works with my Bluetooth...: As u can see, My headphones are connected with my device but this slider dosent works with adjusting volume of it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-slider-my-volume-slider-of-windows-10-on/fa3e7f68-25c0-4311-bc90-bf2f2721469b
  5. Volume slider. My volume slider of windows 10 on taskbar dosent works with my Bluetooth...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume slider. My volume slider of windows 10 on taskbar dosent works with my Bluetooth...: As u can see, My headphones are connected with my device but this slider dosent works with adjusting volume of it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-slider-my-volume-slider-of-windows-10-on/fa3e7f68-25c0-4311-bc90-bf2f2721469b
  6. Volume slider. My volume slider of windows 10 on taskbar dosent works with my Bluetooth...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. When muting microphone on headset a slider shows up and slowly puts volume back to zero....

When muting microphone on headset a slider shows up and slowly puts volume back to zero....: Due to my pc having the duel headphone port I decided to get a USB to 3.5mm adapter from 'Ugreen'. My headset has a seperate mute button attached but whenever I press this button it brings up a volume bar in the top right, which I believe to be for the keyboard volume up and...
  8. volume mute not working

volume mute not working: When i press the mute volume button on my keyboard, it doesnt mute the volume on my computer. the button isnt the problem though. when i press it, the volume thing pops up in the top left, and shows an x in place of the number thats usually how loud the volume is, so it...
  9. Bluetooth volume slider broken?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth volume slider broken?: Hi guys, So just last week I was using my Bluetooth earbuds as normal on my Lenovo Flex 5 on Windows 10 v2004 and the 3 finger gesture to increase volume was working perfectly and so were the volume buttons. After some updates (both windows and bios) the volume slider seems...
  10. Headset Micorphone Volume Slider issue.

Headset Micorphone Volume Slider issue.: I was trying to skype a fellow mate when he said he couldent hear me. So i went to my recording devices and saw that my microphone volume was at 0. I tried to turn it up but it just went back to 0. Now its Glitching out between 0 and 5... No idea how to fix this. I plugged...