Windows 10: Windows 10 volume slider not changing volume on YouTube videos and Spotify

Discus and support Windows 10 volume slider not changing volume on YouTube videos and Spotify in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've had this weird issue for some time now that the windows 10 audio slider won't change the loudness of a video. That means when I click on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Darciukas, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Darciukas Win User

Windows 10 volume slider not changing volume on YouTube videos and Spotify

I've had this weird issue for some time now that the windows 10 audio slider won't change the loudness of a video. That means when I click on the volume up or down button the slider says that the audio changed, but I hear no difference. It even plays when the slider says that the audio is muted.

:)

Darciukas, Jul 26, 2020
  2. ScottF Win User

Youtube volume slider changes frequency response

I am using Youtube on Windows 10, and Chrome.

When I change the volume via the youtube volume slider, the bass response changes significantly. Its like the volume slider has an EQ baked into.

As I turn the volume up, the relative bass is substantially reduced...to the point of sounding anemic.

Does youtube have some sort of EQ baked into their volume slider?

ScottF, Jul 26, 2020
  3. Audio volume cannot be changed while Youtube Video is playing.

Model: Nokia Lumia 920

OS version: 8.0.10211.204

Firmware Revision: 1232.5951.1249.1001

Hardware Revision: 1.0.0.0

Radio Software Version: 1.0.202075.3

Chip SOC Version: 8960

Bug Reproduction Steps:

• Use Bing to search any video
    • IE10 goes to the Youtube
    • Play Youtube Video
    • Even the audio volume is up to the max or down to zero, you still can't feel volume changed.
    • If I long press "<-" hardware back button to go to App Switch Screen, and change the volume at App Switch Screen. Thus, the volume of the Youtube Video will be changed.

MikimotoH---01, Jul 26, 2020
  4. Windows 10 volume slider not changing volume on YouTube videos and Spotify

Changing volume using Windows 10 volume slider vs changing volume in media player

What are the differences in the quality of sound output when the volume is changed in the following environments:

• Windows 10 volume slider in bottom-right corner
    • Media program such as VLC player when playing a music file
    • Media program such as Spotify when streaming music

Is there any difference between the 3, e.g., would turning down the volume using Windows 10 volume slider be any different from turning down the volume using the VLC inbuilt volume slider?

George Tian, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 volume slider not changing volume on YouTube videos and Spotify

1. Windows 10 volume slider not changing volume on YouTube videos and Spotify - Similar Threads - volume slider changing

2. volume slider

in Windows 10 Gaming
    volume slider: the volume slider which pop's up when you click the sound keys on the keyboard they don't show up nowi had turned of the thing in a app but now the app wont open this slider wont come now help!...
  3. volume slider

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    volume slider: the volume slider which pop's up when you click the sound keys on the keyboard they don't show up nowi had turned of the thing in a app but now the app wont open this slider wont come now help!...
  4. volume slider

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. No sound feedback when changing volume with taskbar volume slider

No sound feedback when changing volume with taskbar volume slider: No sound feedback when changing volume with volume slider but i can hear the sound feedback when i change the volume from inside sound settings in windows settings , every thing is working fine regarding my sound drivers and settings , i have only this issue...
  6. No sound feedback when changing volume with volume slider

No sound feedback when changing volume with volume slider: Hello, I'm getting no notification sound when I increase/decrease volume from task bar. So, as a result, I am unable to hear how loud is the new volume of sound. Also, the system is able to play music normally and other sound notifications. Note that the Windows "sound"...
  7. Volume Slider Changes Colors

Volume Slider Changes Colors: The color of the volume slider in my Win10 machine randomly changes colors. While this is not particularly significant, I find it slightly annoying. I've looked in a few places to determine how to change this behavior, but without success. If anyone has an idea, please let...
  8. Volume slider in taskbar

Volume slider in taskbar: I'm looking for a way to add a volume slider in the taskbar, not the system tray does anyone know how to do this? All my searches talk about missing Icon in the system tray, I wish to have it always open in the taskbar....
  9. Windows 10 Audio Slider Does Not Change Volume

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Audio Slider Does Not Change Volume: Hello, I just recently updated the firmware on my HyperX Flight wireless headset and at the very end of the process, I received an "An error occurred" message but it showed that the firmware was updated. I was able to get my headset working fine but the issue I am...
  10. volume slider

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    volume slider: I can see the speaker on the left of the taskbar next to the Time, Date & Year, but when I click it or right click it nothing happens. This happened after the last win10 update a few days ago. Any help will be appreciated. Thnks...