Windows 10: Windows 10 VPN client issues connecting to OSX L2TP VPN

Discus and support Windows 10 VPN client issues connecting to OSX L2TP VPN in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am encountering two different issues when connecting to an L2TP connection with a Mac OSX VPN server. I have searched for answers extensively on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by [HS], May 13, 2019.

1. [HS] Win User

Windows 10 VPN client issues connecting to OSX L2TP VPN

I am encountering two different issues when connecting to an L2TP connection with a Mac OSX VPN server. I have searched for answers extensively on different websites and can't seem to find the answers to my VPN issues. The VPN server I am attempting to connect, is located within my home network. All of my Apple devices connect, share drives and files, and browse the internet via the tunnel without issues.

Issue 1 - Connecting via the native windows 10 VPN client is another story. Usually, the first attempt at connecting through this method works. However, if I need to disconnect from the VPN for some reason, any and all connection attempts hang until I leave the laptop alone for an indeterminate amount of time, minutes, perhaps hours, before it will reconnect again. Here's a brief list of all the things I've attempted in order to solve this issue.

- Appropriate Ports opened and configured for forwarding on the home router.

- I have edited the Windows 10 registry to allow for connections behind a NAT.
    - Creating a totally new VPN connection makes no difference.
    - I have uninstalled the drivers for all connection types: L2TP, PPTP, IKE, etc. and scanned for hardware changes and/or restart the computer instead.
    - Connecting to the VPN via Start/Networking and Internet/VPN method makes no difference.
    - I have made sure the IPSEC and other services per the articles are set to RUN and start automatically.

Issue 2 - Once successfuly connected to the VPN, I am unable to connect to the shared drives and/or browse the internet. Use default gateway is selected. I tried ping and tracert IP address within and outside the VPN network and everything times out.

Does anyone have ideas?

:)

2. eeps24 Win User

Best FREE vpn client? Need to connect to my home VPN

I created a remote access VPN (l2tp/ipsec) on my router at my house. If I want to connect to my VPN server remotely ,what do you suggest as a good free vpn client?

I know windows 10 has a built in vpn client, but would I notice any improvments (speed, stability, etc) using like cisco anywhere connect or any other free vpn clients?

eeps24, May 13, 2019
  3. VPN L2TP server

I have previously configured a Windows 10 pc to accept incoming VPN traffic via broadband using PPTP protocol, but now that Apple have discontinued PPTP support on IOS/OSX based devices in favour of other protocols e.g. L2TP/IPsec, I have no apparent
    way of accessing my private network via an Apple client and a Windows based VPN server. Is there is a way to do something similar via an Apple based client and a Windows 10 pc running an L2TP based server?

RichardAppleton, May 13, 2019
  4. Drone69 Win User

Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

I use Nordvpn. You can connect 6 devices. You can choose servers by country or by a list of each server in each country, use UDP or HTTP, PPtP, L2TP. Double VPN, TOR via VPN. There`s are apps for android and iphones as well as DNS leak protection.

Drone69, May 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 VPN client issues connecting to OSX L2TP VPN - Similar Threads - VPN client issues

2. Can't connect with Vpn L2TP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect with Vpn L2TP: Can anyone help me? I have a vpn problem with this error message capture below. I found a post saying it's because of windows update KB5009543. But I don't have this update in my system. Even after uninstalling the other recent update, still the same error.I still have access...
  3. Can't connect with Vpn L2TP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't connect with Vpn L2TP: Can anyone help me? I have a vpn problem with this error message capture below. I found a post saying it's because of windows update KB5009543. But I don't have this update in my system. Even after uninstalling the other recent update, still the same error.I still have access...
  4. Can't connect with Vpn L2TP

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. VPN L2TP Broken.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VPN L2TP Broken.: With the Recent updates on Windows 11, Last 3 weeks, my L2tp connection is not able to connect. I use Preshared key, not certificates. But the attempts are not leaving from Computer. Below Error Appears : If you do suggested command, the output is also not helpful Does anyone...
  6. VPN L2TP Broken.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VPN L2TP Broken.: With the Recent updates on Windows 11, Last 3 weeks, my L2tp connection is not able to connect. I use Preshared key, not certificates. But the attempts are not leaving from Computer. Below Error Appears : If you do suggested command, the output is also not helpful Does anyone...
  7. Unable to connect to L2TP/IPSEC VPN

Unable to connect to L2TP/IPSEC VPN: Hi there, I was hoping someone here could help me troubleshoot the issue as I have exhausted my internet search powers :-The issue is this:- I have a Win10, a Mac and a Linux computer. - The Windows computer cannot connect to the VPN via the home network.- The Windows...
  8. windows 10 l2tp/ipsec vpn connection failed

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 l2tp/ipsec vpn connection failed: The L2TP connection attempt failed because the security layer encountered a processing error during initial negotiations with the remote computer. kindly send regedit settings for this to connect secure-key l2tp for windows 10 in windows 10 regedit...
  9. L2TP VPN on Windows 10

L2TP VPN on Windows 10: Hello. I'm brand new to Windows 10. I've been living in OS X the past few year and just getting reacquainted with Windows. I'm trying to connect to my VPN server which I've been using (and continue to use) successfully with my Macs and iOS devices. L2TP over IPSEC. I cannot...
  10. trouble connecting to a vpn client

trouble connecting to a vpn client: hi i have pc1 connected to server1 via vpn using remote access. After connecting to the network, pc1 is able to remote desktop to pc 2. I am trying to use pc2 to remote desktop pc1 after pc1 establish the vpn connection but pc2 is not able to ping pc1 at all. Why does...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to connect to ipsec vpn windows 10

2. unable to connect windows 10 to vpn l2tp

3. windows 10 osx vpn issue