Windows 10: Windows 10 VPN connection and the problem with mapping network folders

Discus and support Windows 10 VPN connection and the problem with mapping network folders in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello I have two locations with a VPN network. Qnap NAS server on each subnet. My problem is that I can not map the Qnap drive in the second subnet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Joachim-K1990, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Windows 10 VPN connection and the problem with mapping network folders

Hello

I have two locations with a VPN network. Qnap NAS server on each subnet. My problem is that I can not map the Qnap drive in the second subnet (WINDOWS 10).

For example

I work in the 192.168.3 subnet. and map the drive in the same subnet, everything works.

Conversely, I'm working on a 192.168.1 subnet. and map the drive in this subnet also everything works.

I am trying to map a drive in a 192.168.1 subnet by working in 192.168.3. I am unable to map a folder. Both of these sub-networks are in different locations.

The problem does not occur in Windows xp, 7, 8, 8.1 or Vista

I am asking for help in solving the problem

Qnap drives have smb 3.0 support enabled.

Services:

Computer browser

Host of the function discovery provider

Publication of feature discovery resources

Network connections

Host of the UPnP device

Protocol for recognizing peer-to-peer names

Grouping of a peer-to-peer network

Peer-to-peer network identity manager

They have been turned on

:)

Joachim-K1990, Mar 5, 2019

2. How to set up a VPN in Windows 7 HELP!!

Following are the steps for configuring Incoming VPN Connection in Windows 7

First go to Control Panel and open Network and Sharing Center.
    Click on Change adapter settings.
    Press Alt+F and select New Incoming connection
    Put a check on who you’d like to give access to this computer or you can configure a new account by clicking on Add someone,after that click on Next.
    Put a check mark on Through the Internet. Click on Next.
    Select the protocols you want to enable for this connection. Click on Allow access.
    Make a note of the Computer name as this will be used by the client to connect to this computer and after that Click on Close.

Following are the steps for configuring Outgoing VPN Connection in Windows 7

First go to Control Panel and open Network and Sharing Center.
    Click on Set up a new connection or network.
    Select Connect to a workplace then click on Next.
    Select Use my internet connection (VPN).
    Type the IP address or computer name where you wish to connect and your connection name under the Destination name field.
    Enter a User name and password that has been granted access to the host computer.
    For getting connected through created VPN connection, you can either right-click on the Network icon in the system tray and select Network and Sharing Center or go to Control Panel and open Network and Sharing Center, and click on Connect to a network.
    Now connect VPN Connection windows will appears.

brandonwh64, Mar 5, 2019
  3. eliepins Win User
    Trouble mapping a drive over a VPN

I have a network attached storage system and when I am out of network I connect through a VPN and map the drive to access.

A few computers have been able to connect to the VPN and map the drive while others can connect to the VPN but then when trying to map the drive it says network error "windows cannot access (folder location)"

Anyone know what the issue may be? I suspect it's a setting on those individual computers not being able to map the drive rather than an issue with my NAS system.

I've attached a screenshot of the error.

Windows 10 VPN connection and the problem with mapping network folders [​IMG]

eliepins, Mar 5, 2019
  4. Frogger Win User

Windows 10 VPN connection and the problem with mapping network folders

?? How do I PW protect Folders in windows

hmmm?
    Sharing files and folders overview You can share the files and folders stored on your computer, on a network, and on the Web. The method you choose depends on whom you want to share files with, and what computer they will use to access the files.

When you share files or folders, they are not as protected as they are when you do not share them. People with access to your computer or your network might be able to read, copy, or change files that are in a shared folder. You should always be aware that the files and folders that you share are available to other people and be sure to monitor your shared files and folders on a regular basis.

Important

If your computer is not joined to a domain, you can use the Network Setup Wizard to automatically turn file and printer sharing on or off. To start the Network Setup Wizard, click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Setup Wizard.
    If you both use the same computer

You can put the files you want to share in the Shared Documents folder. Files stored in the Shared Documents folder or its subfolders are always available to other users on your computer.

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, the Shared Documents, Shared Pictures, and Shared Music folders are not available.
    If both computers are on the same network

You can share a folder or drive on your computer with others on the network. You can also control whether the files in the shared folder can be modified by other users.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, you will need to set the Access control for the folder or drive after sharing it. For more information, go to To set, view, change, or remove file and folder permissions.
    If you want to share your files online

You can publish pictures and documents on the Web using the Web Publishing Wizard. The files will be stored in a private, online folder that you manage.

Step-by-step procedure

If you don't want others to access your files

You can prevent other users from accessing your folders and the files they contain. When your computer is connected to a domain, this is called setting permissions for your file or folder. When your computer is connected to a workgroup, this is called making your folders private.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure

'HELP' it can be your friend *Smile Windows 10 VPN connection and the problem with mapping network folders :)

Frogger, Mar 5, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 VPN connection and the problem with mapping network folders

1. Windows 10 VPN connection and the problem with mapping network folders - Similar Threads - VPN connection problem

2. Problem with connecting to VPN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with connecting to VPN: Hello, I have a problem with connecting to VPN, it gives the following error: the remote connection could not be established due to a failure of the used VPN tunnels. The VPN server may be unavailable. If this connection attempts to use an l2tp or ipsec tunnel, the security...
  3. Map network folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Map network folder: I have a shared folder over a network, I am able to get to that folder by running //192.168.0.xxx in the windows search bar which pulls it right up, but I ned to be able to map it to a drive which when I go through the regular process of right clicking network and add network...
  4. Problem with the VPN connection on Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem with the VPN connection on Windows: Hello there,I'm in need of some help with this...When I have a normal internet connection, I have no issue accessing any website. When I connect to a VPN Hotspot Shield, however, it appears that the site is unavailable. But the weird thing is that when I type something into...
  5. Problem with the VPN connection on Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem with the VPN connection on Windows: Hello there,I'm in need of some help with this...When I have a normal internet connection, I have no issue accessing any website. When I connect to a VPN Hotspot Shield, however, it appears that the site is unavailable. But the weird thing is that when I type something into...
  6. Problem with Connecting to a VPN

Problem with Connecting to a VPN: I have a couple of VPN connections that work fine. But, one specific connection gives me the following error: "It was not possible to verify the identity of the server". Using my Android phone with the same exact login credentials, I am able to connect to the VPN without any...
  7. Slow mapped drive connection over VPN

Slow mapped drive connection over VPN: Hello, We having some issues with remote users accessing our shared drive over a VPN. Everything was fine up to about a week ago, when the connection slowed down dramatically. The VPN latency and bandwidth seem fine 100 ms and 600 MB/s, and also I tested the client against...
  8. Problem with mapped folders

Problem with mapped folders: Hi, I have a problem with mapped drives ,i connected a hard disk to my router and share folders over my network, when i set mapped drives few days ago everything was working fine, but now they look fine but in some folders it shows that folder is empty but it is not, and...
  9. How do I map network drive when connected to VPN at home?

How do I map network drive when connected to VPN at home?: Hi, I'm currently at work and would like to map a network folder (music) located on my Synology NAS back home. I'm connected to my home network via a VPN server in my Asus router. The NAS is located at IP 192.168.1.111 I am not able to connect to the NAS and this network...
  10. Configured VPN Connections and mapped drives In Windows 10 Disappear

Configured VPN Connections and mapped drives In Windows 10 Disappear: Hello, I am new to the forum and to the IT Industry...I have been tasked with building out a Lenovo T440p Laptop with Windows 10 Pro OS...Part of the configuration requirements was to configure VPN connection for the user prior to delivering the laptop...I configured the...