Windows 10: Windows 10 VPN Connection error message

Discus and support Windows 10 VPN Connection error message in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The network connection between your computer and the VPN server was interrupted. The Application Event log shows ID 20227 from the RasClient and error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MarkPhelps300, Mar 1, 2020.

1. Windows 10 VPN Connection error message

The network connection between your computer and the VPN server was interrupted. The Application Event log shows ID 20227 from the RasClient and error code 807 which Microsoft describes as: "This can be caused by a problem in the VPN transmission and is commonly the result of internet latency or simply that your VPN server has reached capacity". This is bunk! Why? Because the connection was configured about 8 months ago and provided successful connections to the user. However, in looking at the Event log on the VPN server computer, it appears to have happened as far back as October 2019, however, I just was made aware of this error this past week by the user. So I immediately thought an update may have been the cause. But a system restore to prior to what I thought was the first occurrence, showed the same error. And I don think I want to go back to September of 2019. Surely someone else has run into this by now. When I spoke to Microsoft support on the phone they said they do not support VPN. That, too, is bunk. It is native to Windows 10!!!!!! Can anyone provide any insight or recommendation?

:)

MarkPhelps300, Mar 1, 2020

2. VPN Connection Error message

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern and thanks for sharing the screenshot of the error message.

As per the error message, the User name or the password is incorrect or the authentication protocol setup for the VPN connection is not allowing you to access it.

In this scenario, we would suggest you to post your query in

TechNet
    forums, where we have experts and support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on VPN credential to assist you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Mar 1, 2020
  3. Blue Screen After Connecting VPN in Windows 10

Hi,

There are different factors that can contribute as to why you're getting a blue screen with a stop error on your computer when you attempted to connect to a VPN. This could be caused by an outdated device driver or software compatibility settings. For us
    to resolve your concern, kindly answer the question below:

• Are you using a third party software to set up the VPN connection or are you using the native option of Windows 10 to
      set up the VPN connection?
    • We would also like to confirm if the error message that you provided is the complete error message that you saw or were there any other codes or messages that showed up with it?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you attempted so far?
    • Which build and version of Windows 10 do you have installed in your computer?

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Mar 1, 2020
  4. Knoxx29 Win User

Windows 10 VPN Connection error message

Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Hi everyone.
    I am not an expert about Vpn and that's why I would like to know if someone could list me a few trusted Vpns, I would really appreciate any suggestion/ advice.

Thanks.

Knoxx29, Mar 1, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 VPN Connection error message

1. Windows 10 VPN Connection error message - Similar Threads - VPN Connection error

2. Connecting to Azure VPN error message "Server did not respond properly to VPN Control...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connecting to Azure VPN error message "Server did not respond properly to VPN Control...: I have a user and only one user who when attempting to connect via VPN to Azure receives this message "Server did not respond properly to VPN Control Packets. Session State: Reset Sent" I have removed and reinstalled VPN client and reimported configuration XML. I am unable to...
  3. Connecting to Azure VPN error message "Server did not respond properly to VPN Control...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting to Azure VPN error message "Server did not respond properly to VPN Control...: I have a user and only one user who when attempting to connect via VPN to Azure receives this message "Server did not respond properly to VPN Control Packets. Session State: Reset Sent" I have removed and reinstalled VPN client and reimported configuration XML. I am unable to...
  4. Fix VPN Connection, Can’t connect to VPN connection error on Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix VPN Connection, Can’t connect to VPN connection error on Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]Amongst various VPN connection problems and issues you may encounter on your Windows 11 or Windows 10 PC could be the general error message Can’t connect to VPN connection with the full error message as follows: VPN Connection, Can’t connect to VPN connection, A...
  5. VPN connection error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    VPN connection error: Hi guys, all of a sudden last week any of my MS VPN connection will not connect at all. I checked with the other admin and he can connect and our users are connecting ok. its affected my Desktop and notebook.I have tried resetting the network adapters, removing VPN and...
  6. VPN connection error

VPN connection error: I work from home using a VPN connection. I have been using this connection for 5 years and it worked yesterday but as of this morning I am unable to connect with the VPN server. IT at work has checked and no changes on their end and no issues. They do not show me trying to...
  7. VPN Error 720 – Error connecting to a VPN Connection

in Windows 10 News
    VPN Error 720 – Error connecting to a VPN Connection: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]When using VPN software on Windows 10/8/7, it is very likely that you may encounter an error – Error 720, Error connecting to a VPN Connection, A Connection to the remote computer could not be established. This guide will tell [...] This post VPN Error 720 –...
  8. VPN Connection Error message

VPN Connection Error message: I am setting up a VPN on my desktop and I followed all the instructions for entering in the information. But when I go to connect, I get the error message seen below. The first part of the message I get (and that part [and user name and password is correct]), however I don't...
  9. VPN connection errors

VPN connection errors: I'm having VPN connection errors to the PPTP VPN at work with a fresh install of Win10 Pro from MSDN. I've tried auto authentication and specifying PPTP - authentication details are correct Any idea how to resolve this? Google didn't come up with much - or perhaps my...
  10. Connect to VPN in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Connect to VPN in Windows 10: How to: Connect to VPN in Windows 10 How to Connect to a VPN in Windows 10 [img] Information Whether it's for work or personal use, you can connect to a VPN (virtual private network) on your Windows 10 PC. A VPN connection can help provide a more secure connection to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. vpn error element not found

2. event id 20227 rasclient error 807