Windows 10: windows 10 vpn connection status shows "connecting" but i am connected

Discus and support windows 10 vpn connection status shows "connecting" but i am connected in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; sometimes it shows "logging in" but i am already connected. rarely does it show "connected"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by vbpete01, Jan 18, 2020.

1. vbpete01 Win User

windows 10 vpn connection status shows "connecting" but i am connected

sometimes it shows "logging in" but i am already connected. rarely does it show "connected"

:)

vbpete01, Jan 18, 2020
  2. Katy Jao Win User

Display VPN connection status?

I am using Windows 10, before the latest update I would get separate icon in the tray area to show my VPN network connections. This allowed me to guess whether my VPN to work was connected or not
    by a glance at the tray. In the latest version of Windows 10, the WiFi icon remains the same after connected to the
    VPN network and there is no immediate difference between the LAN or the LAN
    + VPN being connected. To view this I need to mouse over the network icon, where I can then see the status of all connections.

Is there some way that the status of a VPN connection can be made visible without a mouse over in the tray or as a widget on the desktop?

Thanks

- Katy

Katy Jao, Jan 18, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Ethernet connection randomly disconnects

Drivers and certain antivirus software or vpn related stuff.

eidairaman1, Jan 18, 2020
  4. aj99000 Win User

No Internet Connection When VPN Is Connected

This particular issue has been going on for almost a month now. My companies IT department is still trying to figure out the root cause. Below is a list of isolation / troubleshooting i've done.

Issue: Once connected to the work VPN (successfully) the internet connection on the Windows 10 machine disconnects and does not allow any network traffic.

OS: Windows 10 Home - Version: 1909 (OS Build 18363.476)

Computer: Razor Blade 2019

- Latest drivers installed

- Latest Windows updates installed

- System Wide issue

Troubleshooting / Isolation

• Cellular Data: Verified the Windows machine can connect to a hotspot and successfully browse the internet. (No VPN involved)

• Cellular Data + Work VPN: Verified the Windows machine can connect to the hotspot & successfully connect to work VPN and successfully browse the internet.

• Home WiFi: Verified Windows machine can connect to the home wifi network and successfully browse the internet (No VPN involved)

• Home WiFi + Work VPN: Verified Windows machine can connect to home WiFi. It can successfully connect to work VPN. However once the work VPN is connected, the home WiFi network indicates (No Internet Access)

• Ping Test + Work VPN: Verified I can successfully ping (work) websites and even the work VPN URL successfully without any packet loss. However once I go to ping (non-work) related addresses like google.com, apple.com etc. there is packet loss.

At this point I decided to test my work VPN on my iPhone & Apple Mac.

• iPhone: Home WiFi + Work VPN: Verified the iPhone successfully connects to home WiFi network and the work VPN and can successfully browse the internet.

• Mac: Home WiFi + Work VPN: Verified the Mac successfully connects to home WiFi network and the work VPN and can successfully browse the internet.

Isolated: Only the Windows machine seems to be affected. I even verified this issue occurs on multiple Windows user accounts on the Windows 10 machine.

- Windows 10 is fully updated to the latest November Windows 10 update and issue persists

- Deleted and Added the VPN configuration several times and issue persisted.

Third Party VPN Client Test: Tested with Nord VPN and the Windows machine successfully connected to the home WiFi network & the Nord VPN connection successfully connected to a random server and successfully browsed the internet.

- Disabled IPV6 on VPN & WiFi network configuration (Per IT Support guidance) and issue persisted

*Currently updating to Windows 10 Insider Preview 19033.1 (vb_release) to see if this might fix anything pertaining to Windows 10 VPN.

Thanks for any additional guidance / suggestions / help that the community offers.

aj99000, Jan 18, 2020
Thema:

1. windows 10 vpn connection status shows "connecting" but i am connected - Similar Threads - vpn connection status

2. Wifi is connected and working but Network Status shows not connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi is connected and working but Network Status shows not connected: I am using a HP EQ2024AU laptop I recently had to reset my windows os due to some errors after that everything worked fine even the internet is working fine but the internet status icon shows that its not connected to internet whereas all webpages are opening fine like...
  3. Wifi is connected and working but Network Status shows not connected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi is connected and working but Network Status shows not connected: I am using a HP EQ2024AU laptop I recently had to reset my windows os due to some errors after that everything worked fine even the internet is working fine but the internet status icon shows that its not connected to internet whereas all webpages are opening fine like...
  4. Wifi is connected and working but Network Status shows not connected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Software to display VPN connection status on the taskbar?

Software to display VPN connection status on the taskbar?: Hi guys, I have found that there's no default way in Windows of checking a vpn connection status at a glance. I run NordVPN and I don't know whether this connection is up or down at any particular time. At times, I have thought it's running to then find that the internet...
  6. No Longer Show VPN status where Wifi Connection status is Located. It WAS there, but it is...

in Windows 10 Customization
    No Longer Show VPN status where Wifi Connection status is Located. It WAS there, but it is...: No Longer Show VPN status where Wifi Connection status is Located. It WAS there, but it is NOW Gone. I am not talking about the task bar, I am talking about the icons that are located where the Wifi, and MS Security Icons are located. I used Proton VPN, and this WAS...
  7. Windows 10 Network Status "Not Connected" but I am

Windows 10 Network Status "Not Connected" but I am: Windows 10 states in Network Status "Not connected" to the internet/network, but i am and I'm online. Edge doesn't work, Skype doesn't work, other MS apps don't work b/c the system isn't recognizing that it's online. ALL non-Microsoft applications are online and work...
  8. Connection possible through VPN despite a Windows connection status "Connected without...

Connection possible through VPN despite a Windows connection status "Connected without...: Hello, I face a rather curious issue. When I connect to the PC to my home box, I sometimes get a Windows connection status "Connected - No internet access.". And indeed I have no access to the web. But sometimes (not always) when I launch the VPN, it succeed in...
  9. Network Status Not Connected, but i am

Network Status Not Connected, but i am: Why is my Network Status Not Connected even though i am able to surf via Google Chrome & Microsoft Edge. But the Windows update, Xbox App and other Windows Apps thinks i am not connected. I've tried resetting, updating and rolling back my network adapter but it didn't work....
  10. Network Status Not Connected on Windows 10 but I am connected.

Network Status Not Connected on Windows 10 but I am connected.: Logged in this morning and certain network connected apps Xbox app, true key password manager, microsoft hello face recognition would not connect to the internet. I have internet access and have no problem browsing but settings shows I have no network connection. Tried other...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. vpn connection status in connecting