Windows 10: Windows 10 VPN with machine certificate

Discus and support Windows 10 VPN with machine certificate in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, got a new vpn solution setup at work that uses machine certificates on our laptops for authentication. im trying to setup the vpn ... i select... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RobertRedford1980, Oct 25, 2019.

1. Windows 10 VPN with machine certificate

Hi,

got a new vpn solution setup at work that uses machine certificates on our laptops for authentication.

im trying to setup the vpn ... i select IKEv2 as the authentication type and then i get the extra option for machine certificates.

but it tries to connect, looks like its going through but it cant find my laptop in AD. Its defo in there; i feel like theres something else i should be selecting on the vpn options in windows?

thanks

:)

RobertRedford1980, Oct 25, 2019
  2. Joe Pitt Win User

IKEv2 Using Wrong Machine Certificate

I have two IKEv2 VPNs setup on my Surface Pro 4, both use Machine Certificates.

There are two Machine Certificates on the device, one for each VPN.

One works absolutely fine, however, the other sends the wrong certificate and as expected gets rejected. "IKE authentication credentials are unacceptable"

The server sends a certificate request for the correct CA,

Windows sends certificate requests for its full list of trusted CAs, including the correct CA,

Windows then ignores the certificate requests and sends the wrong Certificate (i.e. the one for the other VPN).

Installing the same machine certificate onto my Android Phone, using StrongSwan I can connect fine to both VPNs.

Any ideas on how to get Windows to respect the server's certificate requests and send the right certificate?

Joe Pitt, Oct 25, 2019
  3. Knoxx29 Win User
    Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Hi everyone.
    I am not an expert about Vpn and that's why I would like to know if someone could list me a few trusted Vpns, I would really appreciate any suggestion/ advice.

Thanks.

Knoxx29, Oct 25, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

Windows 10 VPN with machine certificate

Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Tired of Germany blocking many youtube videos? *Big Grin Windows 10 VPN with machine certificate :D

P4-630, Oct 25, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 VPN with machine certificate

1. Windows 10 VPN with machine certificate - Similar Threads - VPN machine certificate

2. Unable to install certificate on my machine.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to install certificate on my machine.: Hi,I'm trying to install a certificate and Simphony software on my machine.But I'm facing an error while installing the certificate. It goes like - "Invalid Public Key Security Object File. This file is invalid for use as the following : Personal Information Exchange."I also...
  3. Certificate Authority and VPN issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Certificate Authority and VPN issues: Hi all Apologises as this is all rather new to me. The other day we had issues with our remote users accessing VPN they had error messages like the below. After a lot of digging around it transpired our Certificate Authority server which is a virtual machine had an issue with...
  4. Certificate Authority and VPN issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Certificate Authority and VPN issues: Hi all Apologises as this is all rather new to me. The other day we had issues with our remote users accessing VPN they had error messages like the below. After a lot of digging around it transpired our Certificate Authority server which is a virtual machine had an issue with...
  5. Certificate Authority and VPN issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. certificate problem make VPN not work

in Windows 10 Customization
    certificate problem make VPN not work: i have 2 VPN and both dont work from one of my computers but they do from other of my computers. from the the comuter that does not work the following messages appear VPN 1 " A required certification is not within its validity period when verifying against the current...
  7. Share a VPN connection in my Windows 10 machine to a LinuxUbuntu 18.04 machine.

Share a VPN connection in my Windows 10 machine to a LinuxUbuntu 18.04 machine.: Hi, I wanna get my windows 10 machine to act as a router or similarits ok with static IP-addresses to so I can use a VPN tunnel that is available on the windows 10 machine for my other machinesLinux machines. I have two wired network card on the windows 10 machine One of...
  8. Creating a VPN into my Windows machine

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Creating a VPN into my Windows machine: I’d like to be able to RDP in from the internet but I know exposing RDP to the internet is a really bad idea. That’s why I’d like to use a VPN; how can I create a VPN into my Windows machine that isn’t a PPTP VPN (the devices I’d like to connect with don’t support PPTP)?...
  9. Always On VPN certificate error with Skype certificates

Always On VPN certificate error with Skype certificates: Hi, We have an Always On VPN configured that was working great, as soon as you login it would auto connect almost instantly. Since configuring Skype for Business via Office 365 it now always prompts saying "action needed" and we have to pick the correct certificate before...
  10. How To Create A VPN Server Certificate?

How To Create A VPN Server Certificate?: I have one VPN Client that uses SSTP connection to my VPN Server, but it requires a certificate from the VPN Server and i don't know how to create it. I have this error 0x800B0109: "A Certificate chain processed, but terminated in a root certificate which is not...