Windows 10: Windows 10 vs Server 2003

Discus and support Windows 10 vs Server 2003 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I have an old control system that currently runs on Windows Server 2003. The control system has x2 PCs arranged in a hot-standby fashion. Both PCs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by NeilG7578, Feb 6, 2023.

1. NeilG7578 Win User

Windows 10 vs Server 2003

Hi, I have an old control system that currently runs on Windows Server 2003. The control system has x2 PCs arranged in a hot-standby fashion. Both PCs are networked together with the client keeping synchronized to the server. If I use Wireshark I see the client requesting updates from the server without issue. In Wireshark I use the 'Follow TCP Stream' option and this nicely shows the client traffic is red and server traffic in blue.I have been trying to run the same software application in Window 10 32 bit edition. I can see the client requesting updates from the server Wireshark red text

:)

NeilG7578, Feb 6, 2023
  2. malware Win User

Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 (SP2)

Microsoft quietly rolled out SP2 for Windows Server 2003 today as part of its critical updates list. Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 (SP2) is a cumulative service pack that includes the latest updates and provides enhancements to security and stability. In addition, it adds new features and updates to existing Windows Server 2003 features and utilities. The SP2 update can be applied to all Windows Server 2003/Windows XP Professional x64 Edition products.

Source: Microsoft

malware, Feb 6, 2023
  3. W1zzard Win User
    Windows 2003 SP1

Microsoft has released Service Pack 1 for Windows 2003 Server.

Something has been done on the security front:
    • Security Configuration Wizard.
      Customers can more easily reduce attack surface area with the new Security Configuration Wizard. The tool reduces the attack surface by gathering information about specific server roles, then automatically blocking all services and ports not needed to perform those roles.
    • Windows Firewall.
      Customers can increase their security with the new Windows® Firewall on the server, allowing networkwide control through Group Policy. Also released with Windows XP Service Pack 2, Windows Firewall serves as a host (software) firewall around each client and server computer on a customer's network.
    • Post-Setup Security Updates (PSSU).
      Servers are vulnerable during the time between their installation and application of the latest security updates. In response, Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 blocks all inbound connections to the server after installation until Windows Update has delivered the latest security updates to the new computer.
    Sounds good to me.

W1zzard, Feb 6, 2023
  4. jubjib1 Win User

Window Server 2003 can't AD replication

Hi Support Team

I have server install Windows Server 2003. It's old and hardware unstable. I need to change to new Server. I try AD replication to new Server but after completed step.

I can't turn down old Server. When turn down old Server AD users and computer or another feature about AD can't use. I need your suggest.

jubjib1, Feb 6, 2023
Thema:

1. Windows 10 vs Server 2003 - Similar Threads - Server 2003

2. Win server 2003 to hyper v doesn't start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win server 2003 to hyper v doesn't start: Hu Community,I've created a vhdx image of my win server 2003 r2 enterprise, i've created a new vm with hyper v, but when i start it, no way to start.The only way is start in a sfae mode, and i saw that some , PCI and ACPIim not able to find them, someone knows how to fix...
  3. Win server 2003 to hyper v doesn't start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win server 2003 to hyper v doesn't start: Hu Community,I've created a vhdx image of my win server 2003 r2 enterprise, i've created a new vm with hyper v, but when i start it, no way to start.The only way is start in a sfae mode, and i saw that some , PCI and ACPIim not able to find them, someone knows how to fix...
  4. How to access old WHS Windows Server 2003? machine from Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to access old WHS Windows Server 2003? machine from Win 11: Note: I think this is actually a networking issue but I don't see a category for that.I have an old WHS server with a large database of archival files. This was the version where the database was separate from the backups so I just kept using it for file storage. Over time,...
  5. How to access old WHS Windows Server 2003? machine from Win 11

How to access old WHS Windows Server 2003? machine from Win 11: Note: I think this is actually a networking issue but I don't see a category for that.I have an old WHS server with a large database of archival files. This was the version where the database was separate from the backups so I just kept using it for file storage. Over time,...
  6. Unable to reach microsoft by telephone to activate windows 2003 server . Installation ID...

Unable to reach microsoft by telephone to activate windows 2003 server . Installation ID...: Unable to reach microsoft by telephone to activate windows 2003 server . Installation ID available but unable to cantact customer care to get its confirmation id....
  7. Unable to reach microsoft by telephone to activate windows 2003 server . Installation ID...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to reach microsoft by telephone to activate windows 2003 server . Installation ID...: Unable to reach microsoft by telephone to activate windows 2003 server . Installation ID available but unable to cantact customer care to get its confirmation id....
  8. Adjust for Daylight saving egypt 2023 windows server 2003

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adjust for Daylight saving egypt 2023 windows server 2003: Adjust for Daylight saving egypt 2023 still disabled for windows server 2003 any hotfix or update like other windows to recheck again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adjust-for-daylight-saving-egypt-2023-windows/b3f90007-befb-4a32-97eb-6f9cb4f5db08
  9. Adjust for Daylight saving egypt 2023 windows server 2003

Adjust for Daylight saving egypt 2023 windows server 2003: Adjust for Daylight saving egypt 2023 still disabled for windows server 2003 any hotfix or update like other windows to recheck again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adjust-for-daylight-saving-egypt-2023-windows/b3f90007-befb-4a32-97eb-6f9cb4f5db08
  10. Windows 10 vs Server 2003

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 vs Server 2003: Hi, I have an old control system that currently runs on Windows Server 2003. The control system has x2 PCs arranged in a hot-standby fashion. Both PCs are networked together with the client keeping synchronized to the server. If I use Wireshark I see the client requesting...