Windows 10: Windows 10 w/ Comcast Giganet Service getting only 250 Mbps

Discus and support Windows 10 w/ Comcast Giganet Service getting only 250 Mbps in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; For the better part of 6 months, I have been working with Comcast technical support to get close to the speeds that I pay for. I "upgraded" to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jcabotl, Apr 9, 2019.

1. jcabotl Win User

Windows 10 w/ Comcast Giganet Service getting only 250 Mbps

For the better part of 6 months, I have been working with Comcast technical support to get close to the speeds that I pay for. I "upgraded" to the Giganet service around that time and have never seen speeds higher than 330 Mbps (typically 80 - 150 Mbps). As I work from home, it's critical for me to be able to access more bandwidth.

I have tried multiple machines (all with Giganet capabilities, all Windows 10) and they never exceed 330 Mbps (wired or wireless). I have tried those same machines in our office and have no problem getting (wired / wireless) well over 600 Mbps.

I now have all new Cat 6 cables, all drivers are up to date, and have tested each machine as the single output from my Arris SB8200 Router. I initially had the Comcast Giganet router and was paying $11/month for it without any higher speeds; Comcast had suggested the Arris SB8200 (supported for Giganet).

Each time Comcast has come out, they use their "line tester" that has no load on it and see speeds at 975 Mbps. They "don't have any laptops that they can use to test the gigabit speeds", but did bring out one that got 650 Mbps (no firewall, no antivirus, Windows 7).

I've tested in in safemode with networking and still see those speeds. I've tried multiple speed tests but Comcast's Xfinity Speed Test has been the fastest of them all (this is the one that Comcast wants me to use). Comcast is pointing the finger at my equipment, but again, these same machines get the speeds in other locals, so I don't believe it is them. Additionally, the router of theirs gives the same performance as my new Arris SB8200.

Any ideas?

Thank you

:)

jcabotl, Apr 9, 2019

2. $10 internet Comcast

The "catch" is that your income has to be low. In order to qualify for the paid school lunch program you functionally have to be in the poverty bracket of income.

Comcast is likely going to charge 15 USD and tax, because they don't have to show the modem rental charge in their pricing.

While this is a token gesture toward those that have the least, I don't think that Comcast is doing this at a fiscal loss. The lowest tier of internet access is 20 USD a month, and Comcast will be subsidized by the US government for "providing equal access" to services. This is a step forward to getting everyone access to information, but most assuredly not going to be something that Comcast is doing out of the goodness of their hearts.

lilhasselhoffer, Apr 9, 2019
  3. Comcast email issue after Windows 10 install

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to remove and read the account and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Open Mail App and click on Settings.

• Click on Accounts and then Click on the Comcast account.

• Click on Delete Account and follow the on –screen instructions to remove the account.
    Once account is removed reboot the computer and Add the account to Mail app.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Apr 9, 2019
  4. Windows 10 w/ Comcast Giganet Service getting only 250 Mbps

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 9, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 w/ Comcast Giganet Service getting only 250 Mbps

1. Windows 10 w/ Comcast Giganet Service getting only 250 Mbps - Similar Threads - Comcast Giganet Service

2. Windows 10 only using 0.1 mbps on applications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 only using 0.1 mbps on applications: I've noticed that for some reason my applications like my web browers and games only use 0.1mbps on task manager but when i'm downloading something or run a speedtest the internet speed suddenly jumps up. I've tried restarting my computer and all the programs multiple times,...
  3. Windows 10 only using 0.1 mbps on applications

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 only using 0.1 mbps on applications: I've noticed that for some reason my applications like my web browers and games only use 0.1mbps on task manager but when i'm downloading something or run a speedtest the internet speed suddenly jumps up. I've tried restarting my computer and all the programs multiple times,...
  4. Windows 10 only using 0.1 mbps on applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows 10 allowing only 0.1 mbps of my internet 100 mbps connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 allowing only 0.1 mbps of my internet 100 mbps connection: Hi,IaaYT here,I am facing an issue where my windows allows just 0.1 mbps and if I check in task manager's performance tab, it shows 16 kbps and sometimes 8 kbpsI have tried resetting my windows and even reinstalling with buying a new windows 10 but nothing helpedand my...
  6. Windows 10 allowing only 0.1 mbps of my internet 100 mbps connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 allowing only 0.1 mbps of my internet 100 mbps connection: Hi,IaaYT here,I am facing an issue where my windows allows just 0.1 mbps and if I check in task manager's performance tab, it shows 16 kbps and sometimes 8 kbpsI have tried resetting my windows and even reinstalling with buying a new windows 10 but nothing helpedand my...
  7. Ethernet connection only getting 10 Mbps...other pcs getting 150+

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet connection only getting 10 Mbps...other pcs getting 150+: This is a relatively new HP desktop with 1903 Windows 10. I just connected it to my switch (which has a couple others desktop pcs connected). They are getting around 150 Mbps. I'm using a 5e patch cable so can you think of why there's such a disparity in speed? 136526
  8. Windows 10 Mail not syncing with Comcast

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Mail not syncing with Comcast: I have tried to set up a couple of Comcast email accounts in Win 10 Mail. The setup precedes OK, but then I get the message: [ATTACH] I know the password is OK. I called Comcast but they do not what the problem is. Any suggestions? MikeT in VA...
  9. Comcast windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Comcast windows 10: I have been using the Windows 10 firewall and Defender.I was reading about a clean install at youtube and got 9 trojans. it is a very good thing I have MBAM installed as it removed all after quarantine. Although the choice of protection is subjective, I need advice because I...
  10. Comcast

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Comcast: Hello I have a gateway from Comcast which has a router within. I noticed the SSID was different so I went to the router and it was open without using my password. The set up appeared different too. I had typed 10.0...... and it opened to my account without using a password....