Windows 10: Windows 10 w/current updates, I need to separate the original Admin account from a new...

Discus and support Windows 10 w/current updates, I need to separate the original Admin account from a new... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi All, I'm using my mothers laptop with Windows 10 and current updates. She was the sole User account (as (Fran) Administrator and Owner) with full... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by teheff1, Sep 25, 2019.

1. teheff1 Win User

Windows 10 w/current updates, I need to separate the original Admin account from a new...

Hi All,

I'm using my mothers laptop with Windows 10 and current updates. She was the sole User account (as (Fran) Administrator and Owner) with full access rights to all data since she bought the laptop. Since, I started using the Laptop. I have a need for more than a standard or guest account access rights and a lot of data to temporarily back-up on her drive and and a few apps to install for use of the data I will be storing on her drive. Rather than try and do all this through her (Fran) admin account, I decided it would be easier to create an additional (Tom) Admin account for myself to prevent merging of data and installing apps she wont use anyways on her desktop. I should add we both use gmail accounts as our microsoft account (MSA). I just did this and instead of creating my new (Tom) Admin account which it did, sort of. As of now, the situation is as follows and any help or suggestions are welcomed:

1. On login it asks Fran and Tom both for our separate pins #s to access our own desktops.

2. In Con Panel> User Accounts> Manage Accounts:

A. both Admin accounts are listed.

B. I corrected her name on (Fran) Admin account but nothing else, not

her gmail.google.com (Microsoft account) that remained the same

C. My (Tom) Admin account showed my gmail,google.com (Microsoft account).

3. In Windows Explorer C:> Windows> Users

A. There are 3 Folders: Fran, franh (part of her google email add.), and the Public folder (not much data) ; no Tom folder.

B. The Fran folder has a size of 15 gigs, franh folder has a size of 1 gig.

C. So, her original (Fran) Admin account and my non-existent User>Tom folder and her (Fran) folder are merged, yet we have separate desktops and logins, and the User> franh folder is where her data is going since I created my (Tom) admin acct. D. Can I simply create a C:> Windows> Users> Tom folder, point the account to the new file path or do I have to delete my account and lose the time, apps and data I have already imported?

:)

teheff1, Sep 25, 2019
  2. NinkobEi Win User

windows 7 hidden admin account infected

visit safemode, log into admin account. download malwarebytes (or transfer from usb). run malwarebytes. exit safe mode. run an updated malwarebytes on admin account. eat some pie ;D

NinkobEi, Sep 25, 2019
  3. C0zzie Win User
    How to change admin user account name?

ah so main admin account is 'wizzle' which is what I am currently on
    I make another account called 'wizzle2' (with admin rights)
    I sign out of 'wizzle' and sign into 'wizzle2'.
    And once signed into 'wizzle2', then I do the command prompt step and find the SID for 'wizzle' that is listed and go from there?

C0zzie, Sep 25, 2019
  4. Ralph Sta Win User

Windows 10 w/current updates, I need to separate the original Admin account from a new...

after Windows 10 update can't login into my admin account

Hi Lydia,

To address your concern regarding account issues in Windows 10, we recommend creating a new user account using the hidden administrator. To access the hidden administrator, follow these steps:

• On your keyboard, press Windows + X.
    • Select Command Prompt (admin).
    • Type net user administrator /active: yes (Note: There's a space after "/" and ":").

After performing the steps above, log out to your current account. Then, log in to the hidden administrator. Next, create a new user account by following the steps below:

• On your keyboard, press Windows + I.
    • Choose Accounts.
    • Select Family & other people tab.
    • Click Add someone else to this PC, and follow the onscreen instructions.

Let us know the outcome of the troubleshooting procedure for us to assist you further.

Ralph Sta, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 w/current updates, I need to separate the original Admin account from a new... - Similar Threads - current updates need

2. Unable to create a new user admin account without current admin permissions

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to create a new user admin account without current admin permissions: I am trying to create an admin account for myself a work. I am currently using an old account from a previous employee as all other accounts are password protected. I nor my employers have the passwords for any of these accounts. The password protected accounts are admin...
  3. Do I need a separate admin account in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do I need a separate admin account in Windows 11?: My own account has admin privileges, but I have a separate Admin account in addition to the built in Administrator account. Not sure I recall creating it to b e honest.Do I need this separate account?...
  4. Do I need a separate admin account in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Do I need a separate admin account in Windows 11?: My own account has admin privileges, but I have a separate Admin account in addition to the built in Administrator account. Not sure I recall creating it to b e honest.Do I need this separate account?...
  5. New install, do I need a separate admin and user account?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New install, do I need a separate admin and user account?: Hello, I’m doing a new windows 10 install. Is it still wise to have a user account that you use daily and a separate admin account even if you’re the only one using the pc? Also, when initially installing all updates and drivers and various programs and browsers, should I be...
  6. Do we "need" a separate admin account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Do we "need" a separate admin account?: I used to do this on my Win7 machines, pretty much because the internet told me I should. Is this still recommended practice? Some forum folks have said no, arguing that UAC provides the same protection. But that might have been with the caveat of UAC cranked to the max, I...
  7. Do we "need" a separate admin account?

in Windows 10 Support
    Do we "need" a separate admin account?: I used to do this on my Win7 machines, pretty much because the internet told me I should. Is this still recommended practice? Some forum folks have said no, arguing that UAC provides the same protection. But that might have been with the caveat of UAC cranked to the max, I...
  8. Separate Admin account appeared out of nowhere

Separate Admin account appeared out of nowhere: I was overclocking my GPU, went a little too far and the PC crashed. Got it back to a stable point and put out all of the digital fires when I realised that a second User account had appeared. PC took away all of my Admin rights (I'm the only User, other than this) and gave...
  9. i need help w updating.

i need help w updating.: so i have a big problem. i can neither download minecraft in my microsoft store nor can i update my windows10. last update was 25 days ago, and whenever i try to update it keep saying fail with the code thing as 0x80080005 and ive tried everything i could find on google. ive...
  10. clear and delete original admin microsoft account from computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    clear and delete original admin microsoft account from computer: clear and delete original admin microsoft account from computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clear-and-delete-original-admin-microsoft-account/d2bd9306-81a9-4dcf-abe0-7278df50da6c