Windows 10: WIndows 10 - Wake from Sleep Issues

Discus and support WIndows 10 - Wake from Sleep Issues in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Drivers and windows are up to date. Please help as this is a bizarre issue. 56811 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by CandleJakk, Jul 19, 2016.

1. WIndows 10 - Wake from Sleep Issues

Drivers and windows are up to date. Please help as this is a bizarre issue.

:)

CandleJakk, Jul 19, 2016

2. Windows 10 reboots after sleep

You are absolutely right on. In windows 7 sleep worked as it was suppose to.

Upgrade to windows 10 and one display will not wake up (followed 10s of forums on this issue to drivers for display, bios status, deep sleep ...).

Now my damn computer wakes up and then the bios posts a reset.

Thanks for the hibernate suggestion.

Microsoft please please fix the sleep issue. - or comment the forums.

MY Mac over the last 10 years has never never ever has a problem of waking up from sleep. You fixed this in windows 7 and then broke it again.

sanjayRadia, Jul 19, 2016
  3. Wake up from Sleep is much slower in Windows 10 than Windows 8

Disable your discrete graphics card. That improved my wake from sleep time from 7-8 seconds down to 2 seconds in Windows 10 Pro.

ChrisHsiung, Jul 19, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

WIndows 10 - Wake from Sleep Issues

It would help if you would describe exactly what wake from sleep issues you are having and fill in your system specs completely. *Smile

simrick, Jul 20, 2016
  5. The laptop wakes slowly from sleep. It is is fresh and brand new.

Specs:
    Lenovo Yoga 500
    Windows 10 Home (Version: 1511, OS Build: 10586.494

CandleJakk, Jul 20, 2016
  6. So far, we know its a new Lenovo Laptop Computer which came with Windows Ten installed.

We need more details to property diagnose your slow wake issue.

Is normal startup slow?
    When the Laptop wakes from sleep, does it wake slowly after short or long periods?
    When the Laptop wakes from sleep does the screen remain black for an extended time?
    How long of a period would you say it takes to wake from sleep? Does it take several seconds or minutes?
    Is the computer slow to turn off?
    Do you have anything connected to your computer?
    What third party software have you've installed?
    Think of what you did just before the slow wake issue started, did you install anything?
    Have you ran a Virus and Malware scan?

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jul 20, 2016
  7. WIndows 10 - Wake from Sleep Issues

CandleJakk, Jul 21, 2016
  8. Try performing a "Clean Boot." Sounds like a Program or Service is starting slowly. By using "Clean Boot" you can eliminate all "Startup programs" and all the non "Microsoft Services" from starting. If doing the "Clean Boot" helps with the slow wake issue, then you can try a "Diagnostic Startup" next to see which Program or Service is causing the delay.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...conflicts.html

John

AmericanPharaoh, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

WIndows 10 - Wake from Sleep Issues

1. WIndows 10 - Wake from Sleep Issues - Similar Threads - Wake Sleep Issues

2. Weird Wake From Sleep Issue.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird Wake From Sleep Issue.: Tried to wake my computer up from using sleep for the first time Windows 7 Professional SP1 X64. Pressed some keys on my USB keyboard and moved my mouse but it only woke up when I held the power button briefly. Not a problem in itself as I probably had the option to wake from...
  3. Wake from Sleep issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wake from Sleep issues: I've tried everything I can find, but my Windows 10 desktop won't fully wake from sleep. I can move the mouse and the computer starts to wake (lights, hard drive), but the keyboard won't activate (no lights) and the monitor doesn't wake. I have a web camera with Windows Hello...
  4. wake from sleep issue?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    wake from sleep issue?: I have a brand new Artesian NZXT H1 pc (SFF PCs — Artesian) with a Asus Rog Strix B550-I motherboard and Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. When my pc "sleeps"......I have to move the mouse/type on keyboard or hit the power button......AND THEN HIT THE POWER BUTTON A SECOND TIME, to get...
  5. Serious Wake from sleep issues.

Serious Wake from sleep issues.: Each time I wake away from my HP laptop running windows 10, and it goes to sleep, it won't up without a forced restart. All Windows updates have been run. All HP hardware and software updates have been run as in completed. Here are what the power settings and the advanced...
  6. Wake from sleep issue

Wake from sleep issue: After the system goes to sleep once I awake it it hangs at the Windows screen (where time is shown left corner). After a bit I'm greeted with BSOD stating... DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION This is a clean install of Windows 10 Pro 1909 18363.535. When I hit the power button...
  7. Wake from sleep issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Wake from sleep issue: After the system goes to sleep once I awake it it hangs at the Windows screen (where time is shown left corner). After a bit I'm greeted with BSOD stating... DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION This is a clean install of Windows 10 Pro 1909 18363.535. When I hit the power button (after...
  8. Wake from sleep issue

Wake from sleep issue: After the system goes to sleep once I awake it it hangs at the Windows screen (where time is shown left corner). After a bit I'm greeted with BSOD stating... DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION This is a clean install of Windows 10 Pro 1909 18363.535. When I hit the power button (after...
  9. Taskview Issue & Waking from Sleep issue

Taskview Issue & Waking from Sleep issue: So I have absolutely no idea if these things are related. But I'm having two problems sooo.. Windows 10, HP Pavilion 15 First, the taskview issue- I started noticing this a few weeks ago. It happened when I would try to open my file explorer from where it was pinned on...
  10. Wake from sleep issue

Wake from sleep issue: New to tenforums. I work in the forestry field. We utilize Dell tablets running Windows 10 anniversary edition (10.0.14393 N/A Build 14393).These devices are used to collect data in the forest. We are collecting data for 6 to 8 hours at a time. The Dell tablets last this long...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to diagnose windows 10 sleep to wake issues