Windows 10: Windows 10 wakes from sleep after 2 hours

Discus and support Windows 10 wakes from sleep after 2 hours in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Whenever I sleep the computer, it wakes after a couple hours, though not at any regular interval and usually at an unusual timestamp such as 12:32.51... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ByronHawkins, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Windows 10 wakes from sleep after 2 hours

Whenever I sleep the computer, it wakes after a couple hours, though not at any regular interval and usually at an unusual timestamp such as 12:32.51 (i.e., not at 12:30.00). It is Windows 10 Pro, Version 1903, build 18362.388, but all recent builds have had the same problem.

• there are no wake timers (per `powercfg -waketimers`)
    • wake timers are disabled anyway
    • only the keyboard is allowed to wake the computer (network devices and mice are prohibited)
    • I have tried every solution proposed in this thread

The system log reports "unknown" reason for the wakeup every time. Please help, it's really becoming a problem!

:)

ByronHawkins, Oct 9, 2019
  2. Mussels Win User

Windows 10 wont stay in sleep mode

yes, it was already off.

its waking up one hour after it sleeps for about 2 minutes, then sleeping again. How the eff can i track what it does in that time if nothing shows in powerCFG or the event log?

Mussels, Oct 9, 2019
  3. wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 9, 2019
  4. Mala_S Win User

Windows 10 wakes from sleep after 2 hours

Windows 10 - Wakes immediately from sleep.

Hello t4ord,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Sleep mode saves the state of all open applications to memory, then powers down both the display panel and hard disk drive. However, if it often wakes up from Sleep mode, you need to change the Sleep settings under Power &
    sleep. You can also refer this link regarding shutdown, sleep,
    or hibernate your PC.

If that doesn’t help, kindly check with the steps listed below and see if it works.

Method 1: Restore default settings of power plan.

Let’s restore the power settings to its default and check if it makes any difference. To do that,

• Go to Control Panel and select Power Options.
    • Click on Change advanced power settings.
    • Select the option Restore default settings for this plan.

Method 2: I suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the following article and see if it helps.

Let us know the results. Will be glad to assist you further, if the issue persists.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 wakes from sleep after 2 hours

1. Windows 10 wakes from sleep after 2 hours - Similar Threads - wakes sleep hours

2. windows 10 will not wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 will not wake from sleep: I have executed all tricks that were found on the web but my laptop still goes to sleep and does not wake up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-will-not-wake-from-sleep/b32611ba-84fb-49c5-a4f9-b589b557446e
  3. windows 10 will not wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    windows 10 will not wake from sleep: I have executed all tricks that were found on the web but my laptop still goes to sleep and does not wake up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-will-not-wake-from-sleep/b32611ba-84fb-49c5-a4f9-b589b557446e
  4. windows 10 will not wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. windows 10 freezes after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    windows 10 freezes after waking from sleep: so i got an issue with windows 10every like 5 days when i open my laptop it has a black screen with a mouse cursor on itits completely frozen and i need to force reboot which is annoying...
  6. windows 10 freezes after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 freezes after waking from sleep: so i got an issue with windows 10every like 5 days when i open my laptop it has a black screen with a mouse cursor on itits completely frozen and i need to force reboot which is annoying...
  7. windows 10 freezes after waking from sleep

8. Bsod after waking from sleep

Bsod after waking from sleep: Hello,I'm having bsod lately after waking pc from sleep, I can't catch that screen, it goes off really quick.it's a new pc, installed win10 about a month agohere's my dmp fileshttps://1drv.ms/u/s!AqFHk3GAh2ODgfZFUZ7hWiJMBPtoDg?e=wVsUqh...
  9. Crash After Waking From Sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Crash After Waking From Sleep: I got a crash after waking from sleep and I got this from the windows dump file using windbg. What is causing this error?Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.21349.1004 AMD64Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.Loading Dump File...
  10. BSOD after wake from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after wake from sleep: Every once in a while when my computer wakes from sleep it experiences a BSOD and restarts. This doesn't happen every time, but it's been happening for a few months now so it's quite annoying. I've installed all the latest windows 10 updates and video card driver, but it...