Windows 10: Windows 10 wakes from sleep after 2 hours

Discus and support Windows 10 wakes from sleep after 2 hours in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Whenever I sleep the computer, it wakes after a couple hours, though not at any regular interval and usually at an unusual timestamp such as 12:32.51... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ByronHawkins, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Windows 10 wakes from sleep after 2 hours

Whenever I sleep the computer, it wakes after a couple hours, though not at any regular interval and usually at an unusual timestamp such as 12:32.51 (i.e., not at 12:30.00). It is Windows 10 Pro, Version 1903, build 18362.388, but all recent builds have had the same problem.

• there are no wake timers (per `powercfg -waketimers`)
    • wake timers are disabled anyway
    • only the keyboard is allowed to wake the computer (network devices and mice are prohibited)
    • I have tried every solution proposed in this thread

The system log reports "unknown" reason for the wakeup every time. Please help, it's really becoming a problem!

:)

ByronHawkins, Oct 9, 2019
  2. Mussels Win User

Windows 10 wont stay in sleep mode

yes, it was already off.

its waking up one hour after it sleeps for about 2 minutes, then sleeping again. How the eff can i track what it does in that time if nothing shows in powerCFG or the event log?

Mussels, Oct 9, 2019
  3. wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 9, 2019
  4. Mala_S Win User

Windows 10 wakes from sleep after 2 hours

Windows 10 - Wakes immediately from sleep.

Hello t4ord,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Sleep mode saves the state of all open applications to memory, then powers down both the display panel and hard disk drive. However, if it often wakes up from Sleep mode, you need to change the Sleep settings under Power &
    sleep. You can also refer this link regarding shutdown, sleep,
    or hibernate your PC.

If that doesn’t help, kindly check with the steps listed below and see if it works.

Method 1: Restore default settings of power plan.

Let’s restore the power settings to its default and check if it makes any difference. To do that,

• Go to Control Panel and select Power Options.
    • Click on Change advanced power settings.
    • Select the option Restore default settings for this plan.

Method 2: I suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the following article and see if it helps.

Let us know the results. Will be glad to assist you further, if the issue persists.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 wakes from sleep after 2 hours

1. Windows 10 wakes from sleep after 2 hours - Similar Threads - wakes sleep hours

2. Windows 10 hangs then freezes after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 hangs then freezes after waking from sleep: I have had the same Desktop computer with Windows 10. Since an update, when the Desktop computer wakes from sleep it will work for approx 5 minutes and then programs will freeze. The Microsoft Mouse will not move and Microsoft Keyboard will not respond. No BSOD or restart....
  3. After waking from Sleep, Monitor Shuts off after 2 minutes of inactivity

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    After waking from Sleep, Monitor Shuts off after 2 minutes of inactivity: My power options are set to NEVER NEVER NEVER... but when I wake my computer from sleep the Monitor will shut off after 2 or 3 minutes and I have to log in from screen lock to continue reading or working. Its very annoying... I eventually just reboot the system and then...
  4. waking from sleep.

waking from sleep.: I have just changed from Win 10 home 32 bit to the 64 bit version. The crap I had with it starting up, shutting down the doing full cold boot after waking from sleep with a long time to come up still exists. I do not believe I am the only person in the world with this...
  5. windows 10 cols boots after waking from sleep

windows 10 cols boots after waking from sleep: At random intervals win 10 will start after waking from sleep, and immediately shut down and then cold boot which takes forever. Microsoft caused this problem some updates ago. I dont believe I am the only person having this problem, and I dint believe all the experts out...
  6. Windows 10 (1809) freezes after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 (1809) freezes after waking from sleep: Hi, This Windows 10 (1809) is really a troublemaker. I make my surface book 2 computer sleep by the power button and Windows Start > Power > Sleep. When I wake it up, it freezes. I have to restart for each time because I cannot use it after wake up. How can I solve this...
  7. Bluescreen after waking from sleep

Bluescreen after waking from sleep: Never had a bsod occur on this machine. If anyone could provide me details on determining the cause of the situation, it'd be gladly appreciated *Party attached is the debug zip folder If there's somewhere where I can upload the memory.dmp or mini dump.. let me know. 42660
  8. BSOD after waking from sleep

BSOD after waking from sleep: Hey guys, i am stumped on this one, every time i have put my computer to sleep after waking it it will show my pin to type in but it freezes there and the bsod after about 5secs, i have done a memtest and that passed, but yeah no idea. hopefully someone can help. 25091
  9. Windows 10 freezes after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 freezes after waking up from sleep: Trying Windows 10 again on my HP-15 laptop and I've noticed that when I put the laptop to sleep by pressing the power button (which I have set to sleep), when I wake it up by moving the mouse or pressing the keyboard it wakes and the desktop appears, but then a second later...
  10. will not wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    will not wake from sleep: I have a 4 yr old custom built desktop upgraded from Win 7 pro to Win 10 pro about 8 months ago. Up until two weeks ago the sleep/wake up has worked perfect. Now the unit will not wake from sleep. I have tried everything I have seen and nothing has worked. It has to be booted...