Windows 10: windows 10 wakes from sleep EVERY night and the screen stays on until morning

Discus and support windows 10 wakes from sleep EVERY night and the screen stays on until morning in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I put my computer to sleep before going to bed, but the signon screen is brightly lit every morning. Furthermore, when I launch Windows Update, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by gwfME, Jul 3, 2019.

1. gwfME Win User

windows 10 wakes from sleep EVERY night and the screen stays on until morning

I put my computer to sleep before going to bed, but the signon screen is brightly lit every morning. Furthermore, when I launch Windows Update, it never seems to finish searching for new updates. In searching for a cause of the waking, I have come across the following potentially useful information. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

>powercfg -lastwake
    Wake History Count - 1
    Wake History [0]
    Wake Source Count - 1
    Wake Source [0]
    Type: Wake Timer
    Owner: [SERVICE] \Device\HarddiskVolume3\Windows\System32\svchost.exe (SystemEventsBroker)
    Owner Supplied Reason: Windows will execute 'NT TASK\Microsoft\Windows\UpdateOrchestrator\Universal Orchestrator Start' scheduled task that requested waking the computer.

windows 10 wakes from sleep EVERY night and the screen stays on until morning 036e65b4-a0fe-46ae-9090-50cc99ffed16?upload=true.jpg

:)

gwfME, Jul 3, 2019
  2. RichardVV Win User

Windows 10 Power Sleep: PC waking up during the day/night and not going back to sleep

Windows 10 Power Sleep: PC waking up during the day/night and not going back to sleep:

My HP Pavilion Desktop will go to sleep after I am finished as normal (whether walking away, signed out, switched user but not logged in to other user) after a while the pc will wake up and the monitor will turn on and stay on. Sometimes the monitor will
    go back to sleep but pc remains on. I have not been able to resolve this issue and has been occurring over months. PC will wake during the night and monitor will stay on and neither will go back to sleep. Have reset power settings to default monitor sleeps
    at 10 min, pc sleeps after 20 minutes. I know there are settings and software that can wake up a pc but I have not been able to find the list in Windows 10.

My pc is a 2018 HP Pavilion Desktop Windows 10 updated 64but AMD12 PC-570-p0xx and fully updated as of Sept 25th 2018.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

RichardVV, Jul 3, 2019
  3. How to keep computer awake after waking from a scheduled job.

I put my Windows 10 PC to sleep each night before going to bed and need it to automatically wake up at 8:00 AM each morning and
    stay awake until I put it to sleep at night. I have a scheduled job that dutifully wakes the PC every morning, but the problem is that it puts itself back to sleep within a few minutes. If I move the mouse during the few minutes it's awake
    it stays awake all day with no problem. If I wake the computer with the keyboard it stays awake all day.

This process worked fine in Windows 7. Any suggestions?

RickBell_CA, Jul 3, 2019
  4. Mussels Win User

Windows 10 wont stay in sleep mode

yes, it was already off.

its waking up one hour after it sleeps for about 2 minutes, then sleeping again. How the eff can i track what it does in that time if nothing shows in powerCFG or the event log?

Mussels, Jul 3, 2019
Thema:

1. windows 10 wakes from sleep EVERY night and the screen stays on until morning - Similar Threads - wakes sleep EVERY

2. Computer wakes from sleep automatically every morning

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer wakes from sleep automatically every morning: Hello,every morning at 5:26 my computer wakes up from hibernation. But I'm not sure why this happens. I tried:> powercfg -devicequery wake_armedNONE>powercfg -lastwakeWake History Count - 1Wake History [0] Wake Source Count - 0I looked at Task Scheduler Library, but there...
  3. Computer wakes from sleep automatically every morning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer wakes from sleep automatically every morning: Hello,every morning at 5:26 my computer wakes up from hibernation. But I'm not sure why this happens. I tried:> powercfg -devicequery wake_armedNONE>powercfg -lastwakeWake History Count - 1Wake History [0] Wake Source Count - 0I looked at Task Scheduler Library, but there...
  4. Computer wakes from sleep automatically every morning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Night light off after screen wakes from sleep

Night light off after screen wakes from sleep: I have the issue that night light is always off when my screen comes back from a blank screen saver or the PC wakes from sleep. This has been mentioned several times but the recommended solutions do no address this issue but the issue that night light is not working at all....
  6. UpdateOrchestrator keeps waking computer up from sleep every night

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    UpdateOrchestrator keeps waking computer up from sleep every night: Hello all, so first things first: My computer is up to date. So I've been wrestling with this problem for the past week. My computer will not stay asleep all night and wakes itself up every night. Really wouldn't be an issue except that it doesn't go back to sleep. It just...
  7. Every morning, Laptop running, screen stays black...

in Windows 10 Support
    Every morning, Laptop running, screen stays black...: @zbook, you'll probably remember this. It does still continue. To bring things up to date: My laptop has been doing this for months. Posted 3-4 months ago, and you had me go through a lot of different diagnostics. My experience was that the laptop would do Windows Update...
  8. PC wakes from sleep during the night

in Windows 10 Support
    PC wakes from sleep during the night: My pc have been waking from sleep, usually just minutes after putting it to sleep. Is there an easy way to figure out what device is causing it from the lastwake below, without having to go through the device manager? Because I looked there but can't find it. Alternatively,...
  9. Laptop waking up from sleep at night

Laptop waking up from sleep at night: I tried following this post, but when I execute this command: powercfg/waketimers, I get a different result: C:\Windows\system32>powercfg/waketimers Timer set by [PROCESS]...
  10. Computer wakes from sleep automatically every night

Computer wakes from sleep automatically every night: I put my computer to sleep before going to bed, but the signon screen is brightly lit every morning. Furthermore, when I launch Windows Update, it never seems to finish searching for new updates. In searching for a cause of the waking, I have come across the following...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. universal orchestrator start

2. universal orchestrator start wake up

3. windows universal orchestrator idle start

4. what is universal orchestrator,
  5. universal orchestrator start windows 10,
  6. what creates Universal Orchestrator Start,
  7. universal orquestrator,
  8. disable universal orchestrator start,
  9. Universal Orchestrator Start wake timer