Windows 10: Windows 10 waking up itself

Discus and support Windows 10 waking up itself in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Is there a way to permanently stop windows update from waking up my pc. I tried the gpedit thing which tempoarily worked until I updated windows again... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Yung Cash Register, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Windows 10 waking up itself

Is there a way to permanently stop windows update from waking up my pc. I tried the gpedit thing which tempoarily worked until I updated windows again and now it does not work.

:)

Yung Cash Register, Apr 10, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 10, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Apr 10, 2019
  4. Windows 10 waking up itself

wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 10, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 waking up itself

1. Windows 10 waking up itself - Similar Threads - waking itself

2. Dell’s new Windows 10 device can detect your presence and wake itself

in Windows 10 News
    Dell’s new Windows 10 device can detect your presence and wake itself: Dell has unveiled a new Windows 10-powered 2-in-1 device ahead of the CES 2019 conference. The company today announced an updated version of its 2-in-1, the Latitude 7400 and the flagship-quality device comes with exciting technologies. Dell says that the new Latitude 7400...
  3. My Wins 10 PC keeps waking itself up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My Wins 10 PC keeps waking itself up: I installed a Windows 10 onto my PC at the beginning of the year, but I didn't realize it was waking itself up until a little further into the months. I keep trying to search for ways to make it stop waking up, and I uninstalled one of the things on the list that makes it...
  4. Login switches to password instead of pin by itself upon wake

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Login switches to password instead of pin by itself upon wake: Hello. I have a weird issue with Windows 10 Pro x64. Using microsoft account I setup a PIN. Most of the time it woks fine - when computer wakes up it asks for my pin. However time to time for no apparent reason when wakes up it asks for for password instead, I have to...
  5. Windows 10 Desktop Wakes Itself Up

Windows 10 Desktop Wakes Itself Up: Hi, Let me preface this by saying that I'm an average user. I surf the internet, create documents, and basic things like that. I can attempt troubleshooting by following tutorials/instructions. I recently upgraded my desktop & laptop to Windows 10. The desktop wakes...
  6. Win10/pc wakes up from sleep by itself (is this normal?)

Win10/pc wakes up from sleep by itself (is this normal?): When my PC goes into sleep mode, I noticed that my pc (using Windows10) wakes up by itself intermittently and goes to my login screen or window that shows my time/date/weather. This only happens when I'm connected to the internet. Could it be programs trying to auto...
  7. Windows 10 wakes up from sleep all by itself

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 wakes up from sleep all by itself: Hello, Since a few weeks ago, I have noticed that my Windows 10 64-bit machine wakes up from sleep/hibernation automatically without my intervention. I should mention that I have never had this issue before and that I have not changed the hardware. Running "powercfg...
  8. Wake from Sleep - Laptop Reboots itself

in Windows 10 Support
    Wake from Sleep - Laptop Reboots itself: Hi Guys, Please help me a little, I think I'm losing my mind. I have an Asus Ultrabook, UX302L. It came with windows 8 from the factory, I upgraded it to windows 10, all nice and wonderful. About a month ago, I replaced my HDD with an Samsung 850 Evo SSD and I installed...
  9. Computer wakes from hibernation by itself

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer wakes from hibernation by itself: It is happening around 6:00 AM every morning. Oddly it does not seem to be the exact same time. I have seemingly tried every obvious solution. 105084
  10. My PC wake up by itself randomly with unknown reason.

in Windows 10 Support
    My PC wake up by itself randomly with unknown reason.: [img] [img] There is a wake time of Acronis True Image, but I have already disabled wake timer in control panel [img] [img] Wake on Lan has been disabled in BIOS. and network adapter driver. [img] I have unchecked all option in driver. The problem...