Windows 10: Windows 10 waking up itself

Discus and support Windows 10 waking up itself in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Is there a way to permanently stop windows update from waking up my pc. I tried the gpedit thing which tempoarily worked until I updated windows again... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Yung Cash Register, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Windows 10 waking up itself

Is there a way to permanently stop windows update from waking up my pc. I tried the gpedit thing which tempoarily worked until I updated windows again and now it does not work.

:)

Yung Cash Register, Apr 10, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 10, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Apr 10, 2019
  4. Windows 10 waking up itself

wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 10, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 waking up itself

1. Windows 10 waking up itself - Similar Threads - waking itself

2. My computer wakes itself from both sleep and hibernation about 3 seconds after shutdown.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My computer wakes itself from both sleep and hibernation about 3 seconds after shutdown.: The only way I found to stop this, is to cut the power for a while, immediately after the fans stop, and when the power is given again, it won't wake itself up, and only pressing the power button will start it the target here.I hibernated, and ran the commands that I saw on...
  3. Microsoft edge ALWAYS opens itself when I wake my computer up from sleep. NOT when I power...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft edge ALWAYS opens itself when I wake my computer up from sleep. NOT when I power...: I have "windows spotlight" turned off and I have rigorously checked the setting of the edge browser as well as the settings on my computer which is currently running windows 11. I use Firefox and have ZERO INTEREST in using edge for anything....
  4. Microsoft edge ALWAYS opens itself when I wake my computer up from sleep. NOT when I power...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft edge ALWAYS opens itself when I wake my computer up from sleep. NOT when I power...: I have "windows spotlight" turned off and I have rigorously checked the setting of the edge browser as well as the settings on my computer which is currently running windows 11. I use Firefox and have ZERO INTEREST in using edge for anything....
  5. PC keeps waking itself up after upgrading GPU

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC keeps waking itself up after upgrading GPU: I just upgraded my GTX 1050 Ti to a 4060 Ti and ever since I've had an issue where my pc immediately wakes itself up after I put it to sleep. Even if I put it back to sleep, it's fine fore maybe 10-30 mins before it wakes up again. It'll do this several times, so far have...
  6. PC keeps waking itself up after upgrading GPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keeps waking itself up after upgrading GPU: I just upgraded my GTX 1050 Ti to a 4060 Ti and ever since I've had an issue where my pc immediately wakes itself up after I put it to sleep. Even if I put it back to sleep, it's fine fore maybe 10-30 mins before it wakes up again. It'll do this several times, so far have...
  7. PC keeps waking itself up after upgrading GPU

8. Why does my windows 11 hp PC wake itself up from hibernate mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my windows 11 hp PC wake itself up from hibernate mode?: After I put pc in hibernate, because I plan not to use it for hours, it always wakes itself up, sometimes within minutes. I restart it, then it will stay in hibernate, but I shouldn't have to do that every time, I think that may be too hard on the pc to have to do that...
  9. Why does my windows 11 hp PC wake itself up from hibernate mode?

Why does my windows 11 hp PC wake itself up from hibernate mode?: After I put pc in hibernate, because I plan not to use it for hours, it always wakes itself up, sometimes within minutes. I restart it, then it will stay in hibernate, but I shouldn't have to do that every time, I think that may be too hard on the pc to have to do that...
  10. Laptop not waking up when the screen turns off and Windows restart itself suddenly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop not waking up when the screen turns off and Windows restart itself suddenly.: Hello,Would you please help me with that minidump? My laptop not waking up when the screen turns off and Windows restart itself suddenly. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-not-waking-up-when-the-screen-turns-off-and/9c5a18ad-a9a9-4841-bd1c-816b8de4ff43