Windows 10: Windows 10 Wallpaper glitch

Discus and support Windows 10 Wallpaper glitch in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello everyone! I have a problem with my windows wallpaper on my desktop. I don't know what triggers it, but occasionally windows will remove my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JesseFontaine, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Wallpaper glitch

Hello everyone!

I have a problem with my windows wallpaper on my desktop. I don't know what triggers it, but occasionally windows will remove my wallpaper and replace it with just a white background.

It's a really weird glitch, that's not easily replicable. Sometimes when I hover over my desktop shortcuts, windows will return my wallpaper, but just in the area thats highlighted by the icon see attached image. Sometimes the issue is solved by refreshing the wallpaper, but not always. And sometimes the wallpaper will be normal on my main monitor, but white on my second monitor. Does anyone have a clue what might be going on here? Is it maybe a color setting or something?

Greetings, Jesse

Windows 10 Wallpaper glitch 9bdefbe2-e80c-4d82-a96e-dd6bee0d3fe1?upload=true.png

:)

JesseFontaine, Jun 29, 2020

2. Wallpaper Glitch

Hi Bobby,

There are many possible reasons why you're experiencing this issue when changing your desktop's wallpaper. In order for us to narrow down the possible causes, please answer the following questions:

• What is the build and version of your Windows 10?
    • Are you also experiencing the issue when using the default backgrounds/wallpapers available in Settings?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Do your desktop monitors have the same specifications?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, Jun 29, 2020
  3. Wallpaper Glitch

Every Time I set a new wallpaper my second monitor turns to the new one, while my main monitor glitches back to my old wallpaper. I have to restart it to see the new one on the main monitor. Please help

bobbygendron, Jun 29, 2020
  4. NDrew11 Win User

Windows 10 Wallpaper glitch

Desktop wallpaper glitch

Hello - I'm getting this ongoing glitch. When I start up the computer the desktop is showing a dotted dark green wallpaper. When I go into settings > personalize, the computer remembers the photo that's put into the desktop and it then it shows up on the
    wallpaper. But this happens so often when I start everything up it's just a nuisance to do every time just for a photo, but at the same time the glitch dotted wallpaper is a nuisance too.

There's another thread I found on here from 2015 but that advice didn't help me out because the display drivers are all up to date. Is there a solve to this? It's a brand new computer and it started with this glitch right away, it seems like such a simple
    fix.

Thank you.

NDrew11, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Wallpaper glitch

1. Windows 10 Wallpaper glitch - Similar Threads - Wallpaper glitch

2. Windows 11 Desktop Wallpaper and Icons Bug Glitch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Desktop Wallpaper and Icons Bug Glitch: Hi,I have 2 monitors on my windows 11 rig. One operates at a resolution of 2560x1440 @165Hz, the other one at a resolution of 1920x1080 @180Hz.Sometimes my desktop glitches like you can see in the screenshot. It happens on both monitors, but when I refresh it only persists on...
  3. Windows 11 Desktop Wallpaper and Icons Bug Glitch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Desktop Wallpaper and Icons Bug Glitch: Hi,I have 2 monitors on my windows 11 rig. One operates at a resolution of 2560x1440 @165Hz, the other one at a resolution of 1920x1080 @180Hz.Sometimes my desktop glitches like you can see in the screenshot. It happens on both monitors, but when I refresh it only persists on...
  4. Wallpaper randomly going black and Windows elements glitch out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wallpaper randomly going black and Windows elements glitch out: My machine has started doing this weird thing where the wallpaper will go black and random parts of windows will become unusable after random amounts of time. It tends to manifest itself after waking from sleep, but sometimes just after being used for a while when I draw a...
  5. Wallpaper randomly going black and Windows elements glitch out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wallpaper randomly going black and Windows elements glitch out: My machine has started doing this weird thing where the wallpaper will go black and random parts of windows will become unusable after random amounts of time. It tends to manifest itself after waking from sleep, but sometimes just after being used for a while when I draw a...
  6. Wallpaper randomly going black and Windows elements glitch out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Wallpapers changing on their own and other fun wallpaper glitches

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wallpapers changing on their own and other fun wallpaper glitches: My wallpapers like to change on their own. Always happens after I leave my PC on sleep mode for 5 or more minutes. Sometimes it will be a random image in my gallery that I opened recently, other times it will be the same image on my 1st monitor I have a dual monitor set up...
  8. Any idea what causes this strange desktop wallpaper glitch? Info in comments.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any idea what causes this strange desktop wallpaper glitch? Info in comments.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Crocomire_Rock [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kb8z0l/any_idea_what_causes_this_strange_desktop/
  9. I've got a weird visual glitch when my wallpaper changes. Any idea what it could be ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I've got a weird visual glitch when my wallpaper changes. Any idea what it could be ?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/__Yami__ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k3w0ti/ive_got_a_weird_visual_glitch_when_my_wallpaper/
  10. Black boxes glitching on the wallpaper Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Black boxes glitching on the wallpaper Windows 10: Google Drive: Sign-in Hello all, I have a problem, the wallpaper on my desktop is glitching every time I refresh i don't know how to explain the problem that's why I included a video, hope you can see it. I don't know what information you need from me. CPU: AMD Ryzen 7...