Windows 10: Windows 10 wants to reconfigure Windows Office 2007 Word each time

Discus and support Windows 10 wants to reconfigure Windows Office 2007 Word each time in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; On my new HP computer with Windows 10, I installed Windows Office 2007. All seems compatible, except every time I open any Word file, even the same one... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by RLAR, Sep 15, 2017.

1. RLAR Win User

Windows 10 wants to reconfigure Windows Office 2007 Word each time

On my new HP computer with Windows 10, I installed Windows Office 2007. All seems compatible, except every time I open any Word file, even the same one again, it takes several seconds to reconfigure file before it will open. Is there any way around this?

:)

2. torbar Win User

Failure to Download an attachement to an email

I contacted Microsoft about 4 times with no resolution to the problem. Microsoft was very helpful with problem determination. Microsoft concentrated on the receiving end of the problem - Windows Live Mail which is no longer supported.

The problem originated from Office Outlook 2016 under one specific id. An other id on the same machine and with the same install of Office Outlook 2016 did not create the problem.

The problem originated sometime between January 9, 2017 and February 14, 2017. Within that time frame Microsoft reconfigured Outlook on the problem id to use Microsoft Exchange (forget which day it was done).

Why did Microsoft reconfigure the Id? The problem id did not use a Microsoft Exchange server. The problem id did not have any group email functions (grayed out in email /people functions). When it was reconfigured, the id had the group email function available
    to it.

Prior to the reconfiguration, the problem id was able to send any file (Excel, Word, JPG, etc.) whenever I wanted a file sent. After the reconfiguration, it appeared that only PDF files could be emailed from the problem id.

We configured Office Outlook 2007 to be a secondary email receiver for my friend. When we did that all the emails with file attachments and that we used to test the problem were delivered to the Outlook 2007 system with no problem.

After all this travail, I figured that there was some form of problem between the problem id on Office 2016 and the id on the Windows Live Mail systems.

As a result we closed the case.

torbar, Sep 15, 2017
  3. DickA63 Win User
    office 2007 on windows 10

My old computer crashed. I installed my copy of MS Office Professional 2007 on my new Windows 10 machine. Now when I run an Office 2007 program, it loads the program each time. Once loaded, it works fine, but the delay each time is annoying. Is there
    a fix?

DickA63, Sep 15, 2017
  4. RLAR Win User

I do find that if I leave a word file open, the others do not need configuring when opening. But if all are closed, then the next time a word file is opened, it does go thru "configuration process" all over again. That's better than each and every time.

5. Try3 Win User
    There is an MS KB article about this.

Note the adjustment to it recommended by Doug Robbins before you start working through it - see MS Office 2007 goes through Configuration Process first time an office app is used after computer turned on.

The MSKB is Microsoft Office 2010 Professional Plus configures each time you start KB2528748 [Doug's adjustment makes this fix work for Office 2007]

This discussion contains some interesting ideas in case the proper way of doing it does not work, Office Word 2007 reconfigures every time, such as that by WarwickFulfillment near the end. By the way, do beware of taking any advice from Microsoft-labelled posters in that forum - their posts are normally irrelevant, misleading or incorrect.

Denis

Try3, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 wants to reconfigure Windows Office 2007 Word each time - Similar Threads - wants reconfigure Office

2. Windows 10 and MS Office 2007

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Windows 10 and MS Office 2007: Hi all - I have run into an unusual problem and would like to know if you'd have a suggestion (I have used the Search function but nothing useful turned up). I just got a new laptop with Windows 10 (Build 18363.1379), with all required updates as of 2/21/21. I installed MS...
  3. Windows10 I want to disable 3 words that appear each time.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows10 I want to disable 3 words that appear each time.: I need to disable the 3 words that appear each time. Martin. 172028
  4. Word 2007

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Word 2007: Yes, I know it's no longer supported, but I'm pretty sure that Microsoft have actively removed a facility that used to work, namely, encryption. I can no longer find the facility within Word. The only place I see it mentioned is in the Properties of the Word file, where it is...
  5. Office 2007 on windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Office 2007 on windows 10: Hello I have a retail version of microsoft office 2007 installed on my windows 7 PC. I am changing my mother board and harddrive and upgrading to windows 10. Will I be able to reinstall win 2007 once I change my hardware and operating system?...
  6. Microsoft Office Word 2007

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Office Word 2007: My laptop runs Windows 10. I regularly get updates which then result in me losing access to my Word files. I usually uninstall them and can then use my documents as usual. I tried to uninstall the recent updates but cannot do this. Spoke to someone from Microsoft who said she...
  7. Office 2007 on win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Office 2007 on win 10: Hi Guys Is it possible to install and run Microsoft Office 2007 on win 10 without any virtual software? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-2007-on-win-10/efa6ba5a-31c4-4e29-bcaf-d668512f8324
  8. Office 2007 on new Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Office 2007 on new Windows 10 PC: how to port Office 2007 to a new Windows 10 PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-2007-on-new-windows-10-pc/9e23f80e-b898-4f56-9a79-80905c6a3a15
  9. Office 2007 & Win 10

Office 2007 & Win 10: I noticed my office 2007 Pro isn't updating since i upgraded to windows 10. Outlook, Word etc. I have check other Microsoft devices in update settings. Anyone else notice this also? 33331
  10. Using Office 2007 with Windows 10

Using Office 2007 with Windows 10: I installed Win10 when the upgrade became available...all seemed well until recently. I am using Office 2007 and when i try to save documents, ie; excel or word, i am told i am unable to save to the document folders or previous .xls folders that i had created. The system will...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why does win10 require word 2007 to be configured before any use

2. have to reconfigure word each time opened

3. have to reconfigure office 2007 in windows 10