Windows 10: windows 10 was activated but now says needs activating,

Discus and support windows 10 was activated but now says needs activating, in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; so basically I had windows 8.1 pro I think it was, it was the top windows 8 anyway. so after windows 10 came out I upgraded and had no issues up until... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LewisDoughty, Dec 9, 2018.

1. windows 10 was activated but now says needs activating,

so basically I had windows 8.1 pro I think it was, it was the top windows 8 anyway. so after windows 10 came out I upgraded and had no issues up until now where my computer says my windows is not activated. Can someone help me get round this issue so I can update my computer with updates ect.

thanks.

:)

LewisDoughty, Dec 9, 2018
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

How long did you wait for activation?
    When I re-installed with a fresh install... it took a few hours to sync and activate.
    However, it did, finally, activate.

95Viper, Dec 9, 2018
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows 10 activation question

Mine finally did although it was about 6 or so hours after as it was saying failed to activate.

AsRock, Dec 9, 2018
  4. windows 10 was activated but now says needs activating,

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

I did a full clean install of Windows 10 a while back and it will not activate. I didn't do a clean install from Windows 7/8/8.1 it was from Windows 10 (activated) so I expected it to activate just fine since it was fine before hand.

My Windows 10 license wasn't created from a previous Windows 7/8/8.1 key I got it from signing up to be an insider back in Nov of 2014. I installed a preview build on my laptop from the insider program and it worked just fine and it automatically upgraded to newer and newer preview builds and then to the full release automatically, fully activated and working fine. I did a full clean install not long ago (expect it to go through without issue since it was working before) and now it will not activate and I can't find any info on how to get it to activate and I can't seem to find the insider Windows 10 key.

Microsoft online support was useless and the gave me the toll free number to tech support.. I am currently on the phone waiting, they said it could be a 1hr 30min wait.. sigh.. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

LightningJR, Dec 9, 2018
Thema:

windows 10 was activated but now says needs activating,

1. windows 10 was activated but now says needs activating, - Similar Threads - was activated says

2. Windows is activated, but it keeps saying that I need to activate it.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows is activated, but it keeps saying that I need to activate it.: Apparently, a message keeps popping up saying that I need to activate windows and there are two options; Cancel or Go to settings.Whenever I click "Go to settings" it shows that windows is already activated.I searched for a solution and that is to run the activation...
  3. Windows is activated, but it keeps saying that I need to activate it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows is activated, but it keeps saying that I need to activate it.: Apparently, a message keeps popping up saying that I need to activate windows and there are two options; Cancel or Go to settings.Whenever I click "Go to settings" it shows that windows is already activated.I searched for a solution and that is to run the activation...
  4. Windows is activated, but it keeps saying that I need to activate it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Activation, It was activated but now it says it cant connect to the servers.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Activation, It was activated but now it says it cant connect to the servers.: Its been fine for year now all of a sudden its deactivated and shows the watermark, please help, i have ocd and cant stand the watermark. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-activation-it-was-activated-but-now-it/2b350f2c-f5fe-41d8-a932-923727e7b0e6
  6. Windows Activation, It was activated but now it says it cant connect to the servers.

Windows Activation, It was activated but now it says it cant connect to the servers.: Its been fine for year now all of a sudden its deactivated and shows the watermark, please help, i have ocd and cant stand the watermark. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-activation-it-was-activated-but-now-it/2b350f2c-f5fe-41d8-a932-923727e7b0e6
  7. Windows Activation, It was activated but now it says it cant connect to the servers.

8. I reinstalled Windows 10 and now it says it's not activated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I reinstalled Windows 10 and now it says it's not activated: I reinstalled Windows 10 and now it says it is not activated and the product key won't show. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-reinstalled-windows-10-and-now-it-says-its-not/63d1a9a5-62d3-4c2d-a771-051d20a5a4ae
  9. I reinstalled Windows 10 and now it says it's not activated

I reinstalled Windows 10 and now it says it's not activated: I reinstalled Windows 10 and now it says it is not activated and the product key won't show. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-reinstalled-windows-10-and-now-it-says-its-not/63d1a9a5-62d3-4c2d-a771-051d20a5a4ae
  10. Now my Windows is not active and it constantly says Activate windows

Now my Windows is not active and it constantly says Activate windows: Hi there, I have purchased a Lenovo Lap 3 months back. Got Windows Home 10 Licence for a year free with the package. Now my Windows is not active and it constantly says Activate windows. The troubleshoot says My licence is for Windows Home 10 Single Language Whereas I am...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 now says activate windows

2. bought computer with genuin windows but now is says it has to be activated

3. doe win 10 need to be activated again and again after updates

4. sribd activate windows 10,
  5. win 10 is activated but message sayes to activate,
  6. windows 10 says needs to be activated,
  7. updated windows 10 now it says i need to activate it,
  8. win 10 needs activated again after windows updates