Windows 10: Windows 10 was badly destroyed in an update, resulting in a loss of windows activation

Discus and support Windows 10 was badly destroyed in an update, resulting in a loss of windows activation in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I can't find any help from windows stupid support and I need my laptop running again. My laptop was upgraded from windows an earlier version to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Un_Genius, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Un_Genius Win User

Windows 10 was badly destroyed in an update, resulting in a loss of windows activation

I can't find any help from windows stupid support and I need my laptop running again.

My laptop was upgraded from windows an earlier version to windows 10. I was able to get a free windows 10 pro version. It has been running like this for a few years, but recently when I updated, the whole laptop crashed. It wouldn't even start. It took me a whole week to get it to run again and I had to move all my data to a new laptop.

Windows is currently broken with some repairs needed. I wanted to reinstall windows, but when I checked my product key, I had windows 10 home. So I needed to reinstall to windows 10 home because I'm running windows 10 pro.

I followed a guide (because Microsoft didn't want to help) and I was able to get to the Windows 10 Setup where it needs a windows 10 home product key to reinstall. I gave in the one that I'm currently using and it was rejected.

now what?

:)

Un_Genius, Apr 25, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

How long did you wait for activation?
    When I re-installed with a fresh install... it took a few hours to sync and activate.
    However, it did, finally, activate.

95Viper, Apr 25, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 25, 2019
  4. Laurijan Win User

Windows 10 was badly destroyed in an update, resulting in a loss of windows activation

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

Hi!

I signed up in the windows insider program and got windows 10 free - the windows 10 insider preview updated to windows 10 pro.
    Today i got another SSD and did a raid 0 on my system forcing me to do a clean install of windows but now it wont activate anymore.
    Signing in with my microsoft account that was linked to the insider program didnt help.
    Maybe i got this problem since i quit the insider program for several days and signed up again after i found out that my win 10 wont activate anymore.
    Any ideas how to fix it?

Lauri

Laurijan, Apr 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 was badly destroyed in an update, resulting in a loss of windows activation - Similar Threads - was badly destroyed

2. Windows 11 update 23H2 results in complete loss of function

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 update 23H2 results in complete loss of function: Windows installed the 23H2 update on my laptop. Immediately it became unstable, windows Explorer crashed constantly, and there were multiple driver conflicts. The drivers required manual updates however Nvidia driver would not update. Bios updated also along with AMD driver...
  3. Windows 11 update 23H2 results in complete loss of function

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 update 23H2 results in complete loss of function: Windows installed the 23H2 update on my laptop. Immediately it became unstable, windows Explorer crashed constantly, and there were multiple driver conflicts. The drivers required manual updates however Nvidia driver would not update. Bios updated also along with AMD driver...
  4. Bad update, loss of PIN

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bad update, loss of PIN: Last year I set up a new laptop HP 15 for my mom. During the setup, I couldn't set up an actual administrator password; it would only allow me to set up a PIN password, which was completely surprising. Since I started using Windows in 1986, I've never had to deal with a PIN...
  5. Will power loss destroy the computer when upgrading?

Will power loss destroy the computer when upgrading?: Hi, My laptop is running Windows 10 enterprise 1803 which I want to upgrade to 1909. But there is an issue. My laptop's battery is completely dead I get a backup of <1 second and I use it while connected to the charger. The company of the laptop couldn't provide the battery...
  6. Update of Windows 10 and loss of files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Update of Windows 10 and loss of files: I have just up-dated Windows 10 and found that old photos were no longer on my PC. Have also today discovered that some of my older Files are no longer on the PC. Why? An update should not be deleting someone's personal files. How can this be rectified?...
  7. Windows 10 updates--Bad

Windows 10 updates--Bad: Every time Windows 10 updates my computer is slow, crashes, video play back is blurred, live streaming video is blurred and sticks. The answers I received did not work. I gave up. Then, the videos became watchable, until the next update. Then the video problems return. I'm...
  8. Personal Data Loss as a Result of WIndows 10 Automatic Update.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Personal Data Loss as a Result of WIndows 10 Automatic Update.: All this past week, I have been wondering about my loss of all of my personal data in my Dell Laptop Inspiron 3558 since Monday January 21, 2019. While attempting a system restore I noticed a time stamp indicating that there was a Windows 10 Critical Updates on 11:48:00pm on...
  9. Windows 10 Update Destroyed My Computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Update Destroyed My Computer: After not updating for a long time- continuously turning off automatic updates, etc- my computer woke itself up from sleep mode and forced an update out of the blue. After this update, my computer can't stay on for more than 5 minutes without getting the blue screen saying...
  10. Laptop Destroyed by Windows 10 Update

Laptop Destroyed by Windows 10 Update: Apparently my laptop updated while I left it unattended, and now I get error message no matter what I try. It says my computer needs to be repaired---missing file : Windows\system32\winload.efi. Error OXC0000225. Now, here's the fun part: I cannot bypass this error no...