Windows 10: Windows 10 was hacked on my home computer. Need help restoring my missing programs.

Discus and support Windows 10 was hacked on my home computer. Need help restoring my missing programs. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm an 81 yr old veteran, who recently received a message on my computer saying that Windows 10 had been hacked. I've been trying to restore my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JoseLopez32693, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Windows 10 was hacked on my home computer. Need help restoring my missing programs.

I'm an 81 yr old veteran, who recently received a message on my computer saying that Windows 10 had been hacked. I've been trying to restore my computer, but have been unsuccessful. The only programs I have working are MS Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Excel, Word, & Quicken. These aps are displayed on my taskbar. My desktop used to display on the left side of thee screen trash can, Google Earth, BitDefender, and other aps. All of those have disappeared.

I need someone to literally talk me thru the process of restoring my computer, to the way it was before this damage was inflicted on me. Please I need someone's help.

:)

JoseLopez32693, Mar 3, 2021

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Mar 3, 2021
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 3, 2021
  4. Windows 10 was hacked on my home computer. Need help restoring my missing programs.

Missing file after failed restore. Error:rtl100.bpl missing

Hi Marg,

There are several factors that can contribute to issue your facing with doing a restore for you Windows 10 computer. This could be caused by missing update components or corrupted system files. For us to resolve your concern with the programs not opening
    and just showing an error, kindly answer the questions below:

• Was the error message showing up on just a specific program you attempted to launch or is it showing up on any program that you attempted to launch?
    • Were there any error messages that showed up when you attempted to perform the restore on your computer?

As a initial recommendation, we suggest the you run a SFC Scan (System File Check). This command will scan all the protected operating system files and replaces incorrect, corrupted, changed, or damaged versions with the correct versions where possible.
    You can check this
    link
    out for the steps.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Mar 3, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 was hacked on my home computer. Need help restoring my missing programs.

1. Windows 10 was hacked on my home computer. Need help restoring my missing programs. - Similar Threads - was hacked home

2. Hacked And Needs Help ! ! ! !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hacked And Needs Help ! ! ! !: Ok So, My Desktop PC Windows 10 Home And My Phone Have Both Been Hacked, The OS Is Completely Corrupt AND They Have Remote Access . . . I Need To Wipe The HDD And Reinstall Widows BUT, I No Long Have A Recovery Pre System Corrupt . . . What Can I Do ? ? ? Trying Everything...
  3. Hacked And Needs Help ! ! ! !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hacked And Needs Help ! ! ! !: Ok So, My Desktop PC Windows 10 Home And My Phone Have Both Been Hacked, The OS Is Completely Corrupt AND They Have Remote Access . . . I Need To Wipe The HDD And Reinstall Widows BUT, I No Long Have A Recovery Pre System Corrupt . . . What Can I Do ? ? ? Trying Everything...
  4. Hacked And Needs Help ! ! ! !

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Need help with my Computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help with my Computer: I recently updated to Windows 10 update 2004 and the following day I used my computer I received multiple Werfault.Exe application error and svchost.exe application error. My desktop isn't loading(grey background) and so is my task bar(light blue circular loading icon). When...
  6. Need help with my computer.

Need help with my computer.: I just was just forced to update windows and at the tail end of it my computer black screened. Now everytime I start it up I get the error "Whea uncorrectable error". It was fine before the update so I don't know what to do. Also I am able to stay on the desktop in Safe mode...
  7. Need help with missing program shortcuts.

Need help with missing program shortcuts.: I logged on to my computer today only to notice that I have two desktop shortcuts missing. I only remember what one of them was and I still have the program downloaded on the pc. Is there a way for me to go "back in time" and check what other shortcut is missing? submitted...
  8. need help to Restore my PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    need help to Restore my PC: Hi, PC hard disk is just 32G but useable space looks like only 27.8 GB. I uninstalled everything that I had installed and what ever I felt can be deleted, Deleted all. but still it shows free space of 4 GB and if I try to do system reset it asks to free up 2 Gb of more...
  9. Need Help Restoring the Thumbnail View of My Art Program's Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need Help Restoring the Thumbnail View of My Art Program's Files: Hi everyone, thanks in advance for any help you can provide! Let me begin by saying I've had this same problem plaguing me since Build 1703. You see, I'm an illustrator and when I have multiple versions of an image I've drawn (e.g. drawing1a, drawing1b) saved from my art...
  10. Need help restoring my old windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need help restoring my old windows 10: Hi. So this is going to be a little long story. So i had a dell Inspiron laptop n5110 with windows 7 home basic preinstalled. Last year i upgraded my windows 7 to windows 10 home. Everything was running fine. I had also linked my laptop with my microsoft account. Recently i...