Windows 10: Windows 10 WAS working 2 days, now black screen with dots

Discus and support Windows 10 WAS working 2 days, now black screen with dots in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, a couple of days ago I upgraded my sister's PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10. It was stable and booting fine, if a little more slowly as the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Zefrem23, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Zefrem23 Win User

Windows 10 WAS working 2 days, now black screen with dots

Hi, a couple of days ago I upgraded my sister's PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10. It was stable and booting fine, if a little more slowly as the hardware is a little long in the tooth. Yesterday, though, when she started it up it got as far as a black screen with white rotating dots, and it just stays on that screen despite me waiting for hours.

I read up on these forums and elsewhere that the "Anniversary Update" might be the culprit, and that it might be a graphics driver issue. The advice was to start the PC in safe mode using a Windows 10 media install disk, which I have tried, however I'm now faced with this message:

Windows 10 WAS working 2 days, now black screen with dots [​IMG]

I've tried both the "yes" and "no" options. "Yes" just reboots and goes back to the infinitely rotating white dots on the black screen, and "No" tries to start a fresh install.

So is there any other way around this now, aside from doing a completely fresh install? There appears to be no way to repair the installation, unless someone can possibly suggest any alternatives?

Any help will of course be hugely appreciated!

:)

Zefrem23, Sep 6, 2016

2. Microsoft Solitare was working 2 days ago now when i click no response but mahajong works

The issue is resolved.thanks.

NikhilGujar, Sep 6, 2016
  3. Microsoft Solitare was working 2 days ago now when i click no response but mahajong works

solitare from Microsoft stable stopped working. Tired uninstalling, reinstalling, wsrest and windows solution which says every thing is ok.

Can you please help ?

NikhilGujar, Sep 6, 2016
  4. Steve C Win User

I fear you have lost your original installation by attempting a clean install - I hope you have backup of your files?

Did you backup Windows 10 as soon as it was working.? If not, please do so next time - e.g. using Macrium Reflect.

At this stage, if you have no backup, I would attempt the clean install but remove all external drives from the PC and say yes to installing updates. Windows 10 should clean install and activate automatically since you have already upgraded. You will then have to reinstall your programs.

Steve C, Sep 7, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10 WAS working 2 days, now black screen with dots - Similar Threads - WAS working days

2. black screen and spinning dots

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    black screen and spinning dots: I updated my two Windows 10 laptop and got an issue on both of them. At present when I am rebooting my PC, I see spinning circle on the black screen. I tried to restore the system but it didn’t help. Laptops are Dell and Lenovo. I updated to 1809 version...
  3. infinite spinning dots on black logo screen - after windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    infinite spinning dots on black logo screen - after windows 10 updates: Hi - we have had some Windows 10 laptops that have had upstart issues after Windows 10 updates. After restart we see infinite spinning dots on black logo screen. Some times you can succeed with system restore - of a restore point, and sometimes this is not available -...
  4. Windows 10 Stuck on Black Screen with Logo and Only Two Dots (dots stop spinning)

Windows 10 Stuck on Black Screen with Logo and Only Two Dots (dots stop spinning): Today was a bad day. I had to reformat my laptop. I was breezing through the normal factory reset options for Windows 10 when I was asked to enter in my password for WiFi as Windows had run into an issue and needed to do some kind of update before it continued. This is where...
  5. Stuck with a black screen with the spinning dot after an update

Stuck with a black screen with the spinning dot after an update: Hello! Yesterday I update my Windows and then it booted up correctly, no issues. I shut down my PC last night now I turned it on to work and it appears that it boots correctly but I see a black screen with the spinning dot on top or everything. I can log in and see the task...
  6. Windows 10 Black Screen with Spinning Dots on Startup

Windows 10 Black Screen with Spinning Dots on Startup: Recently, many of our HP computers in our company are having issues starting Windows 10 on their desktop computers. When they turn on the computer, they see the Windows flag and the spinning dots. After a couple seconds, the screen changes to display only the spinning dots...
  7. Win 10 1803 Stuck on boot with black screen and rotating dots.

Win 10 1803 Stuck on boot with black screen and rotating dots.: Since the beginning of July I have run into a problems booting my Win 10 pro x64 (1803) desktop PC, following some Windows updates and AMD GPU driver updates on Restart it got as far as displaying the Win 10 logo with a rotating circle of dots then the screen goes black and...
  8. Dota 2 black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dota 2 black screen: everytime when I press windows button or alt+tab screen just turn black and I cant do nothing about it only restart PC also happens when I exit game in some cases it looks like it fix itself but just for a while and when I go to desktop there is like 5 sec delay with black...
  9. Laptop screen was working after upgrade but now black

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Laptop screen was working after upgrade but now black: Hi I upgraded to Windows 10 on Sunday and all was well. When I went to log in on Monday the laptop screen was completely black. It sounded like it was working ok but I couldn't see anything (not even the cursor). I plugged an external monitor in and that was ok. I tried...
  10. Windows 10 Upgrade Stuck- Black Screen - Blue Logo - Spinning Dots

Windows 10 Upgrade Stuck- Black Screen - Blue Logo - Spinning Dots: Hi guys, I know there's many threads on this subject but none seem to answer it for me. System: i7 950 X58A-UD3R Rev 2.0 16gb Ram GTX760. Pretty sure it's a Samsung 250gb SSD. So I upgraded W7 to W10 via iso. Install made it all the way. On reboot it's now suck...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. skygo app error 0xc0000022