Windows 10: Windows 10 WAS working 2 days, now black screen with dots

Discus and support Windows 10 WAS working 2 days, now black screen with dots in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, a couple of days ago I upgraded my sister's PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10. It was stable and booting fine, if a little more slowly as the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Zefrem23, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Zefrem23 Win User

Windows 10 WAS working 2 days, now black screen with dots

Hi, a couple of days ago I upgraded my sister's PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10. It was stable and booting fine, if a little more slowly as the hardware is a little long in the tooth. Yesterday, though, when she started it up it got as far as a black screen with white rotating dots, and it just stays on that screen despite me waiting for hours.

I read up on these forums and elsewhere that the "Anniversary Update" might be the culprit, and that it might be a graphics driver issue. The advice was to start the PC in safe mode using a Windows 10 media install disk, which I have tried, however I'm now faced with this message:

Windows 10 WAS working 2 days, now black screen with dots [​IMG]

I've tried both the "yes" and "no" options. "Yes" just reboots and goes back to the infinitely rotating white dots on the black screen, and "No" tries to start a fresh install.

So is there any other way around this now, aside from doing a completely fresh install? There appears to be no way to repair the installation, unless someone can possibly suggest any alternatives?

Any help will of course be hugely appreciated!

:)

Zefrem23, Sep 6, 2016

2. Microsoft Solitare was working 2 days ago now when i click no response but mahajong works

The issue is resolved.thanks.

NikhilGujar, Sep 6, 2016
  3. Microsoft Solitare was working 2 days ago now when i click no response but mahajong works

solitare from Microsoft stable stopped working. Tired uninstalling, reinstalling, wsrest and windows solution which says every thing is ok.

Can you please help ?

NikhilGujar, Sep 6, 2016
  4. Steve C Win User

I fear you have lost your original installation by attempting a clean install - I hope you have backup of your files?

Did you backup Windows 10 as soon as it was working.? If not, please do so next time - e.g. using Macrium Reflect.

At this stage, if you have no backup, I would attempt the clean install but remove all external drives from the PC and say yes to installing updates. Windows 10 should clean install and activate automatically since you have already upgraded. You will then have to reinstall your programs.

Steve C, Sep 7, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10 WAS working 2 days, now black screen with dots - Similar Threads - WAS working days

2. Black screen with loading dots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen with loading dots: I factory reset my pc. I then tried to log in and it wouldn’t let me. I don’t quite remember what I did to try and fix it but now when my pc tries to boot up it goes to a black screen with a loading circle. I can’t log in. Not can I go into safe mode. I tired and my screen...
  3. Black screen with loading dots

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen with loading dots: I factory reset my pc. I then tried to log in and it wouldn’t let me. I don’t quite remember what I did to try and fix it but now when my pc tries to boot up it goes to a black screen with a loading circle. I can’t log in. Not can I go into safe mode. I tired and my screen...
  4. Black screen with loading dots

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Black dot appearing on screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black dot appearing on screen.: Attached is a screenshot of what I am seeing on my screen, no matter what application is open/tabbed into. I am not sure of the cause of this, but I have had this issue previously about a year ago and it just went away. Since then I have reinstalled windows on a different...
  6. Black dot appearing on screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black dot appearing on screen.: Attached is a screenshot of what I am seeing on my screen, no matter what application is open/tabbed into. I am not sure of the cause of this, but I have had this issue previously about a year ago and it just went away. Since then I have reinstalled windows on a different...
  7. Black dot appearing on screen.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Windows 10 black screen, white dots

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 black screen, white dots: I have a Windows 10 pc, I recently had some sort of hard drive issue which my computer told me to restart to solve the issue. I did and it did the C drive fix prompt, but once it finished it went right to the entire black screen with the spinning white dots. I tried...
  9. Black Screen with circling Dots

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black Screen with circling Dots: I have been having trouble with windows 10. One of the articles suggested to hold down the start button 3 times and start the PC 3 times. I did and the screen started going through stages of fixing. The Screen went black with the circling dots for the last 6 hours or so. I...
  10. black screen and spinning dots

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    black screen and spinning dots: I updated my two Windows 10 laptop and got an issue on both of them. At present when I am rebooting my PC, I see spinning circle on the black screen. I tried to restore the system but it didn’t help. Laptops are Dell and Lenovo. I updated to 1809 version...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. skygo app error 0xc0000022