Windows 10: Windows 10 washed out color after waking from sleep mode

Discus and support Windows 10 washed out color after waking from sleep mode in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi I'm having trouble with my monitor "occasionally" when it wakes up from sleeping. The color looks washed out, and too bright. I noticed that this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by FrostA_, Oct 31, 2020.

1. FrostA_ Win User

Windows 10 washed out color after waking from sleep mode

Hi

I'm having trouble with my monitor "occasionally" when it wakes up from sleeping. The color looks washed out, and too bright.

I noticed that this only happens when I enable HDR option on one of my monitor, which is the same monitor having this problem.

All drivers are up to date, also the windows system. I even tried to update to insider version, but this problem is unsolved.

Current system spec:

Windows 10, OS Build 20241.1005

RTX 2060 Super, Game Ready Driver 460.20

Monitor, LG 27GL850

:)

FrostA_, Oct 31, 2020
  2. Socerplr Win User

Windows 10 after waking from sleep mode screen is washed out and very bright

After my computer Dell emachine wakes from sleep mode the screen is very bright and icons / colors are washed out as if the contrast and brightness have been cranked up. This happened as soon as I upgraded from Windows 7 to 10. And yes the monitor driver
    and software are up to date.

Socerplr, Oct 31, 2020
  3. Kari Win User
    Awful washed out colors in Windows 10. Happens intermittently

I wonder why nobody has suggested the OP to make a screenshot of display showing these "washed out colors"? Everything I have read in this thread suggests that the issue is not in Windows, but instead in display / monitor.

My suggestion: next time you'll see these washed out colors, make a screenshot and post it here. If the screenshot shows us that colors are OK, then the issue is your monitor failing.

Tutorials you might need:

4. NMI
    NMI Win User

Awful washed out colors in Windows 10. Happens intermittently

Because...

Thema:

1. Windows 10 washed out color after waking from sleep mode - Similar Threads - washed color waking

2. Washed out display color

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Washed out display color: I have a problem recently that came out of nowhere. The color on my monitor seems to be off, and it doesn't matter how much I fiddled with Windows and monitor settings, including the built-in Windows color calibration, I can't seem to get it right. The problem is that the...
  3. Washed out display color

in Windows 10 Customization
    Washed out display color: I have a problem recently that came out of nowhere. The color on my monitor seems to be off, and it doesn't matter how much I fiddled with Windows and monitor settings, including the built-in Windows color calibration, I can't seem to get it right. The problem is that the...
  4. Colors on external display washed out after awake from sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Colors on external display washed out after awake from sleep: Hi,I have an MSI WS63 8SK with an NVIDIA P3200 Graphics card, connected to an LG Ultrafine 4k HDR display through a displayport. I currently have it in windows HDR mode, and it generally operates fine. I'm using the web based Lagom LCD test, and the gamma and contrast passes....
  5. Washed out monitor colors after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Washed out monitor colors after update: Hello!I still have a problem I created a question about, which is for some reason locked, without any response to it!I am using programs to draw images, and for that I have calibrated my second monitor connected to my laptop with a Spyder 5 pro. This monitor is a BenQ RL2455...
  6. Color washed out after the latest windows update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Color washed out after the latest windows update: Before and after https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/color-washed-out-after-the-latest-windows-update/5d934e74-42e2-420e-8e0f-168645e23c15
  7. Grey/washed out colors after windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Grey/washed out colors after windows 10 update: My specs: GTX 1060 6gb, i5-6400, 8gb ram and my monitor is a BenQ GW2406Z submitted by /u/Sandberg_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m8u9xx/greywashed_out_colors_after_windows_10_update/
  8. Washed out colors after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Washed out colors after update: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Severe_Alternative19 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lwjaxh/washed_out_colors_after_update/
  9. Washed out colors after update.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Washed out colors after update.: Is there any logs where i can check what settings has been changed? Cause after i update my windows 10 to version 2004, the colors became washed out. I tried restoring to previous version but it didn't help. It was completely fine before i update my os and now it's messed up....
  10. HDR and Washed out colors

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    HDR and Washed out colors: What's up guys so my new monitor is HDR compatible however whenever I enable HDR in games, it makes them look terrible. The colors are super washed out, the brights are dull and the blacks are boosted to like a grey-ish. I've updated the monitor firmware and installed the...