Windows 10: Windows 10 'We can't open this file' on most .jpg files

Discus and support Windows 10 'We can't open this file' on most .jpg files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a number of .jpg files that I cannot open in either Photos or File Viewer Plus. These files were all scanned and saved. There are several... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ErnieBlanchard, May 2, 2020.

1. Windows 10 'We can't open this file' on most .jpg files

I have a number of .jpg files that I cannot open in either Photos or File Viewer Plus. These files were all scanned and saved. There are several identical files that will open, however most of them will not. I have attempted a repair/reset of Photos, as well as a couple of other suggested solutions to this problem with obviously no success.

:)

ErnieBlanchard, May 2, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 2, 2020
  3. Ketxxx Win User
    opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, May 2, 2020
  4. slozomby Win User

Windows 10 'We can't open this file' on most .jpg files

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, May 2, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 'We can't open this file' on most .jpg files

1. Windows 10 'We can't open this file' on most .jpg files - Similar Threads - 'We can't open

2. Downloaded pdfs getting opened in jpg format and then can't open the file it says we don't...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloaded pdfs getting opened in jpg format and then can't open the file it says we don't...: I wanted to save windows 10 spotlight pictures so to open them i had to make a command on powershell to convert the pictures to jpg format, so instead of clicking on the folder i had saved the pictures into I clicked on downloaded folder and now all my downloaded apps and...
  3. CAN'T OPEN JPG FILES IN WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    CAN'T OPEN JPG FILES IN WINDOWS 10: I'm trying to open JPG files using the default photo viewer and it won't work. There's a pop-app message saying "file system error - 2147219196". I was able to open these files in the past in my computer and was also able to open it in my phone sent it via email. would...
  4. jpg file not open

jpg file not open: when I open the JPG file that it show the error "It appear that we don't support this file format" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jpg-file-not-open/95f60993-27de-4d6b-921a-cc7e048a516c
  5. Windows 10 opening JPG files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 opening JPG files: Hello, I am having difficulty finding a solution for this problem. When I double click a photo (.JPG) in File Explorer I always get the following error. Even if I uncheck the "Always ask" box, it never remembers my choice. This issue is particularly annoying when I want...
  6. not open jpg file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    not open jpg file: package failed updates dependency or conflict validation messege show when jpg file open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-open-jpg-file/bae427ee-1750-4225-91c1-ce391fc9983f
  7. can't open jpg file

can't open jpg file: I am not able to open a jpeg/jpg file in win 10 system which I have bought earlier while I was doing the same with the win 7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-jpg-file/e6289ee6-ced8-44c6-807c-cddbb70db2ec"
  8. can't open jpg files

in Windows 10 Support
    can't open jpg files: Hello i have sometimes the next problem :some of my hundrends pictures i have taken with mobile phone will not open with default windows 10 photo viewer or any third party program.All these pictures are opened correctly in the past and suddenly won't open.Appears the message...
  9. Opening JPG files?

in Browsers and Email
    Opening JPG files?: He guys! Just wondering if you can program windows to open up JPG image files via the Edge Browser? 14761
  10. "We can't open this file" on JPG photos Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    "We can't open this file" on JPG photos Windows 10: I'm in a bit of a panic. I can't open 90% of my JPG photos. I have changed my default program to Photos, and downloaded a Reg Fix that seems to have helped others with the same issue. Still no change. When I go into the properties of a photo that cannot be displayed, all the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. jpeg file error