Windows 10: windows 10 "we couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing..

Discus and support windows 10 "we couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing.. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am trying to install windows 10 1909 downloaded from microsoft download page into my m.2 drive. I want to use mbr system so I made sure that my m.2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by William40, Dec 12, 2019.

1. William40 Win User

windows 10 "we couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing..

I am trying to install windows 10 1909 downloaded from microsoft download page into my m.2 drive. I want to use mbr system so I made sure that my m.2 drive is mbr using AOMEI partition tool but the problem when I run the windows 10 setup I get this error when I select my m.2 partition

I tried the steps in this link but it did not work:
    How to Solve the Error "We Couldn’t Create a New Partition"?

I tried also to convert my drive to GPT but I get error : partition is of GPT style !!!! however I want to use mbr so please help me to install it a mbr

Thanks

:)

William40, Dec 12, 2019
  2. CraigLong Win User
    CraigLong, Dec 12, 2019
  3. Kapil Arya MVP, Dec 12, 2019
  4. Thisaru Win User

Windows couldn't create a partition or locate an existing one

I had a kali linux installed in my computer. Then I tried to install Windows 10 using a bootable USB drive. (I created it by downloading the windows 10 ISO and then creating USB drive using Rufus.) But when I was trying to install windows 10, it shows my hard drive, but it doesn't installing to it. Error message is the following:
    Code:
    Code:
    We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one. For more information, see the Setup log files.
    Then I checked for the log file (X:\Windows\panther\setupact.log) It has this message:
    Code:
    Code:
    LogReasons: [BLOCKING reason for disk 0: CanBeSystemVolume] The selected disk is not the computer's boot disk
    I know that right ? USB disk is the boot disk here. Then I searched in the internet for a solution. I came up with this: http://blogs.technet.com/b/asiasupp/...dows-8-cp.aspx
    I followed all the instructions there. Cleaned my hard disk using DISKPART and formatting and stuff. Then I rebooted my machine. But, still it shows the same error. Can anyone got this ?

Thisaru, Dec 12, 2019
Thema:

1. windows 10 "we couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing.. - Similar Threads - couldn't create partition

2. windows 10 "we couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing..

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 "we couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing..: I am trying to install windows 10 1909 downloaded from microsoft download page into my m.2 drive. I want to use mbr system so I made sure that my m.2 drive is mbr using AOMEI partition tool but the problem when I run the windows 10 setup I get this error when I select my m.2...
  3. We Couldn't create a new partition or locate ... Installing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    We Couldn't create a new partition or locate ... Installing Windows 10: [ATTACH] Hi everyone! I am trying to install Windows 10 and I am having problems with the SSD. When I try to install it I get the next error: We couldn’t create a new partition or locate an existing one Ok so looking for a solution and find this:...
  4. Setup couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one!

Setup couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one!: I downloaded Windows 10 May 2019 update from Microsoft on May 24.. Used the Media Creation Tool to create installation media (USB drive). I used DISKPART to clean drive and put it in “uninitialized state”. Regardless of attempts to do clean install on either HD or SSD,...
  5. We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one.: So I was doing a clean install of windows 10 using a USB and I deleted all the partitions including the system reserve one. The only drive left now is "Drive 0 Partition 1". It is set as primary. The problem is everything I click to continue the installation, I get the...
  6. "We couldn’t create a new partition or locate an existing one."

"We couldn’t create a new partition or locate an existing one.": boot - Installing Windows 10 after installing Ubuntu - Ask Ubuntu I tried asking the question over at AskUbuntu, but a user said it would be better if I asked here instead. Long story short: Windows 10 was preinstalled in my ASUS ROG GL752VW-DH71. I updated my...
  7. Windows 10 Clean Install - We couldn't create a new partition or locat

Windows 10 Clean Install - We couldn't create a new partition or locat: I originally made a USB key which booted fine, but could not install on any partition on two different PCs and 4 different drives. It gave the error message "We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one. For more information, see the Setup log files." Tried...
  8. Windows couldn't create a partition or locate an existing one

Windows couldn't create a partition or locate an existing one: I had a kali linux installed in my computer. Then I tried to install Windows 10 using a bootable USB drive. (I created it by downloading the windows 10 ISO and then creating USB drive using Rufus.) But when I was trying to install windows 10, it shows my hard drive, but it...
  9. "We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one"

"We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one": So I'm trying to install Windows 10 32-bit on a friend's laptop from a USB stick and it's giving me this error, no matter what I do. I've tried setting the partition as active, I don't have anything else plugged in, and I've unplugged and replugged the device. No dice. Help!...
  10. "We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one" error

"We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one" error: When I try to do a clean install of Win10 Home 64-bit on a Dell Inspiron N5010 (a little over 4 years old) using the Media Creation Tool on a USB, I get to the "Where do you want to install Windows?" screen and when I select the Drive 0 Unallocated Space I get "We couldn't...