Windows 10: windows 10 "we couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing..

Discus and support windows 10 "we couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing.. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am trying to install windows 10 1909 downloaded from microsoft download page into my m.2 drive. I want to use mbr system so I made sure that my m.2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by William40, Dec 12, 2019.

1. William40 Win User

windows 10 "we couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing..

I am trying to install windows 10 1909 downloaded from microsoft download page into my m.2 drive. I want to use mbr system so I made sure that my m.2 drive is mbr using AOMEI partition tool but the problem when I run the windows 10 setup I get this error when I select my m.2 partition

I tried the steps in this link but it did not work:
    How to Solve the Error "We Couldn’t Create a New Partition"?

I tried also to convert my drive to GPT but I get error : partition is of GPT style !!!! however I want to use mbr so please help me to install it a mbr

Thanks

:)

William40, Dec 12, 2019
  2. CraigLong Win User
    CraigLong, Dec 12, 2019
  3. Kapil Arya MVP, Dec 12, 2019
  4. Thisaru Win User

Windows couldn't create a partition or locate an existing one

I had a kali linux installed in my computer. Then I tried to install Windows 10 using a bootable USB drive. (I created it by downloading the windows 10 ISO and then creating USB drive using Rufus.) But when I was trying to install windows 10, it shows my hard drive, but it doesn't installing to it. Error message is the following:
    Code:
    Code:
    We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one. For more information, see the Setup log files.
    Then I checked for the log file (X:\Windows\panther\setupact.log) It has this message:
    Code:
    Code:
    LogReasons: [BLOCKING reason for disk 0: CanBeSystemVolume] The selected disk is not the computer's boot disk
    I know that right ? USB disk is the boot disk here. Then I searched in the internet for a solution. I came up with this: http://blogs.technet.com/b/asiasupp/...dows-8-cp.aspx
    I followed all the instructions there. Cleaned my hard disk using DISKPART and formatting and stuff. Then I rebooted my machine. But, still it shows the same error. Can anyone got this ?

Thisaru, Dec 12, 2019
Thema:

1. windows 10 "we couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing.. - Similar Threads - couldn't create partition

2. We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one.: Windows was installed on the SSD prior to a new motherboard installation, however when it came time to boot the system, it stated windows was no where to be found. Shocking. So USB media installation was applied. Started the process and nope, errors all over, cant select any...
  3. We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one.: Windows was installed on the SSD prior to a new motherboard installation, however when it came time to boot the system, it stated windows was no where to be found. Shocking. So USB media installation was applied. Started the process and nope, errors all over, cant select any...
  4. We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one.: Dear Microsoft, Recently, I was trying to install Windows on my Laptop PC. I tried to install, but this is the error I got: We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one. I tried to fix it so many times, but it didn't work. It is an Acer laptop, model...
  6. we couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    we couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one.: [ATTACH] Hello to everyone. I'm trying to install Windows 10 on the second partition of the drive 1,but as u can see below,I can't because that error. On the disk 1 partition 1 there is another installation of Windows 10. The whole disk is formatted with the NTFS fs and...
  7. windows 10 "we couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing..

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 "we couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing..: I am trying to install windows 10 1909 downloaded from microsoft download page into my m.2 drive. I want to use mbr system so I made sure that my m.2 drive is mbr using AOMEI partition tool but the problem when I run the windows 10 setup I get this error when I select my m.2...
  8. We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one.: So I was doing a clean install of windows 10 using a USB and I deleted all the partitions including the system reserve one. The only drive left now is "Drive 0 Partition 1". It is set as primary. The problem is everything I click to continue the installation, I get the...
  9. "We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one"

"We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one": So I'm trying to install Windows 10 32-bit on a friend's laptop from a USB stick and it's giving me this error, no matter what I do. I've tried setting the partition as active, I don't have anything else plugged in, and I've unplugged and replugged the device. No dice. Help!...
  10. "We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one" error

"We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one" error: When I try to do a clean install of Win10 Home 64-bit on a Dell Inspiron N5010 (a little over 4 years old) using the Media Creation Tool on a USB, I get to the "Where do you want to install Windows?" screen and when I select the Drive 0 Unallocated Space I get "We couldn't...