Windows 10: Windows 10 Weather App Disappears suddenly.

Discus and support Windows 10 Weather App Disappears suddenly. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have recently upgraded from Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro and everything was fine then. But recently I am experiencing an issue which is Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by debjitdas86, Oct 19, 2015.

1. Windows 10 Weather App Disappears suddenly.

I have recently upgraded from Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro and everything was fine then. But recently I am experiencing an issue which is Windows weather app dissapears/close suddenly when kept open for a few seconds.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. *Sad*Sad*Sad

I am showing a video regarding the issue ....

System Specs:
    CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo
    Motherboard - Gigabyte (G31M-ES2L)
    RAM - 4 GB
    Graphics Card - NVIDIA GTX 560 (2 GB)
    OS - Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)

:)

debjitdas86, Oct 19, 2015

2. Windows 10 Weather App Disappears suddenly.

Problem was resolved by uninstalling and reinstalling the Weather App from Microsoft Store.

DebjitDas_86, Oct 19, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Weather App Disappears suddenly.

I have recently upgraded from Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro and everything was fine then. But recently I am experiencing an issue which is Windows weather app dissapears/close suddenly when kept open for a few seconds.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Windows 10 Weather App Disappears suddenly. [​IMG]

I am showing a video regarding the issue ....

Windows Weather App Problem

System Specs:

CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo

Motherboard - Gigabyte (G31M-ES2L)

RAM - 4 GB

Graphics Card - NVIDIA GTX 560 (2 GB)

OS - Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)

DebjitDas_86, Oct 19, 2015
  4. vlttnv Win User

Windows 10 Weather App Disappears suddenly.

I am not sure if you can uninstall default apps, but maybe try that.

vlttnv, Oct 19, 2015
  5. Reinstalled the App but the problem still persists.

debjitdas86, Oct 20, 2015
  6. Cliff S New Member
    As you have recently upgraded, check your timezone settings(It gets changed to Redmond time sometimes), and the settings in Privacy>>Location.

Cliff S, Oct 20, 2015
  7. No does not work.... *Sick

debjitdas86, Oct 20, 2015
  8. gpstoloff Win User

I'm having a similar problem with most of my "Modern" apps.

My Location and Time Zone settings are correct (though I can't tell whether this would affect any program other than Weather).

Any other suggestions?

gpstoloff, Oct 20, 2015
  9. Cliff S New Member
    You can both try resetting windows store(this is responsible for ALL Universal apps), Just open up the Run dialog(right click *Start and choose "Run) and type WSReset in. The Store will open and what looks to be an empty Command prompt too. When the command prompt goes away, close the store and wait a minute or two, then try your respective apps. If this doesn't help, then we'll try something else.

Cliff S, Oct 20, 2015
  10. PJLLB Win User
    Do you have this issue with all user accounts? I have a similar issue with one user account. All work fine in the other accounts (profiles).

PJLLB, Oct 21, 2015
  11. "WSReset in" does not work... *Sick

Any other suggestion ???

debjitdas86, Oct 21, 2015
  12. I had a similar problem with the Windows "Alarms & Clock" app.
    When I clicked on the app, it would open for a split second then disappear.
    I solved my problem by reinstalling all the Microsoft built in apps using the powershell run as an administrator.
    It takes a minute or so for the apps to reinstall, but it cleared a couple of bugs that I was getting.
    Good luck!
    This is where I found the information:
    How to Uninstall Windows 10s Built-in Apps (and How to Reinstall Them)

Cornishman, Oct 21, 2015
  13. Cliff S New Member

Try opening an admin command prompt and running(Copy & Paste in):

fsutil resource setautoreset true c:\&fsutil usn deletejournal /d /n c:&Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup&&sfc /scannow&Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth&sfc /scannow&Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup /ResetBase&pause

Let it run through(it takes along time and appears to freeze, but let it run) and then reboot.

Cliff S, Oct 21, 2015
  14. I have the same problem, but for about a half of my Apps (both Microsoft ones and 3rd party). About a half
    of all my Apps works fine.
    I have tried wsreset, deinstall and reinstall with powershell, sfc /scannow, dism and lot of other suggestions.
    Still same problem. By the way, the powershell reinstall (Get-AppXPackage.......) gives errors "Add-AppxPackage : Cannot find path 'C:\AppXManifest.xml' because it does not exist."
    Also, I get errors logged in Event log when trying to start an App that fails.

Regards
    Tommy

Morfar Jinko, Oct 21, 2015
  15. gpstoloff Win User
    On the Microsoft Community, the same issue was raised.

The suggestion was to log-in with your Microsoft account password, instead of your PIN.

This seems to have resolved an issue with synching with live.com for Weather, Mail, Calendar, and People. Apparently, these Modern apps will crash out when their synch fails.

I'd be interested to see if others have the same success.

gpstoloff, Oct 21, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Weather App Disappears suddenly. - Similar Threads - Weather App Disappears

2. weather widget disappears

in Windows 10 Gaming
    weather widget disappears: when I set the taskbar for left placement the weather widget disappears. How do I get it on the right side like W10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weather-widget-disappears/28b27f66-7985-44e0-9381-944f1ff05359
  3. weather widget disappears

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    weather widget disappears: when I set the taskbar for left placement the weather widget disappears. How do I get it on the right side like W10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weather-widget-disappears/28b27f66-7985-44e0-9381-944f1ff05359
  4. Windows 10 Weather App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Weather App: Which is the relative humidity on the weather app in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-weather-app/0893bd39-2430-4008-96c8-56412ff919e4
  5. Windows 10 Weather App

Windows 10 Weather App: Which is the relative humidity on the weather app in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-weather-app/0893bd39-2430-4008-96c8-56412ff919e4
  6. Windows weather app suddenly appears

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows weather app suddenly appears: What is up with the weather/feed app in the taskbar? I didn't install or activate this. I don't even want this. I am now going to have to remove it from multiple machines including mine because my users will question and complain.This is as annoying as the constant nag to...
  7. Apps suddenly disappears.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Apps suddenly disappears.: I recently installed a SSD drive to my Dell laptop. From then it started experiencing a weird issue: when I use my laptop for about an hour and a half/two hours or more, the screen sometimes suddenly turns black except the applications I leave on screen. It happens for a few...
  8. Window 10 weather apps

Window 10 weather apps: How to remove the weather apps from the calendar in windows 10, I am using Windows 10 Insider Preview 19041.1 (vb_release). cheers Abe https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-10-weather-apps/d9a21051-eb7c-492d-961b-5ea1d2329ee7
  9. Windows 10 weather app

Windows 10 weather app: How could I change/or set my location in Windows 10 default weather app on my start screen? I'm in Washington state and I am receiving Washington DC info. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-weather-app/2146b475-e856-49f9-8624-37b916f1c37a
  10. windows 10 weather app

windows 10 weather app: As of yesterday my windows 10 weather app is only showing a daily Forecast when up until now it has also shown the hourly forecast as well. The hourly forecast has been very useful to plan my days so why has it disappeared all of a sudden. There is nothing on the net to...