Windows 10: Windows 10 Weather app showing that I live in Washington D.C.... I live in Phoenix.

Discus and support Windows 10 Weather app showing that I live in Washington D.C.... I live in Phoenix. in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; BRAND NEW reinstall of Win10. Fully updated. Weather app LiveTile in start menu has me living in Washington D.C. Weather forecast on Lock Screen... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by BananaFrappe, Jan 22, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Weather app showing that I live in Washington D.C.... I live in Phoenix.

BRAND NEW reinstall of Win10. Fully updated.

Weather app LiveTile in start menu has me living in Washington D.C.

Weather forecast on Lock Screen has me living in Washington D.C.

If I click on the Weather app itself, and the app opens up, it shows my correct location of Phoenix, AZ. I have allowed it to use my precise location.

I have run SFC to no effect.

I have reset and uninstalled and reinstalled the app to no avail. I have unpinned and repinned the LiveTile to no effect.

My time zone is set correctly on the Time app.

This is driving me crazy

:)

BananaFrappe, Jan 22, 2019

2. MSN Weather App live tile keeps stopping

Hi,

Since you already completed the troubleshooting provided and it did not resolve the concern with the live tile of the MSN Weather app not updating, we suggest that you reset the MSN Weather app by following the steps below:

• Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings
      app and then select System from the list of options shown.
    • Under the System options menu, select the option on the left-hand panel labeled
      Apps & features.
    • Under Apps & features, scroll down through the list of apps installed on your computer and locate the
      Weather app.
    • Select the Weather app and then click on the link "Advanced options".
    • Once you have the "Advanced options" menu open, click on the button labeled "Reset".
    • Once you click on the "Reset" button another prompt will show up notifying you if you would like to complete the reset. Just click on the "Reset" button to complete the process.

Once you complete the steps provided, we suggest that you restart the computer first before you proceed to set up the MSN Weather app again and also verify if the live tile will update properly or not. If the steps still do not resolve your concern we suggest
    that you follow the steps on this
    link
    to provide feedback from within the app and provide as much detail as you can to resolve the concern. Refer to the section in the article labeled "Send ideas for improving the app" for the steps to submit your feedback.

Feel free to reach out to us for further concerns.

Jordan Dom, Jan 22, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Pro Weather live tile

Here,

Live tiles can be switched on or off, follow the steps below:

• On the Start menu, right click the Weather App tile.
    • Point your mouse to More.
    • From the options given, click Turn live tile on / off.

Note: After switching it on, wait for a few seconds and check if the Weather App live tile is now working.

Tell us if this works for you.

Katrina Men, Jan 22, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Weather app showing that I live in Washington D.C.... I live in Phoenix.

MSN Weather live tile defaults to Washington DC

Forum

The other day my MSN Weather App started to show Washinton DV from the live tile. But when I clicked on it the app defaults to my locaiton (St Louis) . Closing it back down the live tile defaults to Washinton D.C. I've reset it, uninstalled it, searched
    the registry, created a new account and can't get rid of the Washinton DC. Just started.

Any suggestings.

Jeff

JeffReichman, Jan 22, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Weather app showing that I live in Washington D.C.... I live in Phoenix.

1. Windows 10 Weather app showing that I live in Washington D.C.... I live in Phoenix. - Similar Threads - Weather app showing

2. Weather app live tile STILL shows wrong location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weather app live tile STILL shows wrong location: After trying the various "solutions" offered for this problem, that unfortunately don't work, where do we go from here? It appears that the thread has died a death.It seems that this is indeed a Microsoft problem.Is Microsoft aware of it?If not, how do we make Microsoft aware...
  3. Weather live tiles

Weather live tiles: So basically i have my weather app pinned to start and it's showing the wrong name of the location, but when i click on it it show it correctly. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weather-live-tiles/b5950d27-7e02-4baf-94ae-8d223a3e75e9
  4. Weather shows Washington when I live in California-have location services have been turned on

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weather shows Washington when I live in California-have location services have been turned on: Weather shows Washington when I live in California-have location services have been turned on-How to fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weather-shows-washington-when-i-live-in-california/bb7b2d06-c66f-4b44-93e4-04189d0a310e
  5. Weather shows Washington when I live in California-have location services have been turned on

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Weather shows Washington when I live in California-have location services have been turned on: Weather shows Washington when I live in California-have location services have been turned on How can I get it to have the correct location?...
  6. Weather app Live Tile and Washington D.C. - what the heck is going on???

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Weather app Live Tile and Washington D.C. - what the heck is going on???: I reinstalled Win10 on my laptop (Home, vers 1809, OS build 17763.253) and since then the Weather app Live Tile in the Start Menu is nonfunctional or it shows the weather for WASHINGTON D.C., despite the fact that I live in Arizona. Also, the weather function on the lock...
  7. Weather App on Windows 10 not showing my current location on live tile

Weather App on Windows 10 not showing my current location on live tile: My weather app on my Windows 10 PC, doesn't show my current location on live tile. It shows the same location every time i.e. New Delhi which I think is related to my Time Zone of my PC. But when I open the app it shows the weather for my current location, only in the live...
  8. MSN Weather live tile defaults to Washington DC

MSN Weather live tile defaults to Washington DC: Forum The other day my MSN Weather App started to show Washinton DV from the live tile. But when I clicked on it the app defaults to my locaiton (St Louis) . Closing it back down the live tile defaults to Washinton D.C. I've reset it, uninstalled it, searched the...
  9. Live tile Weather app not working

Live tile Weather app not working: Live tile in the Weather app not working after last update of the app. It keeps defaulting to Canberra, despite being set to Sydney. Tried resetting, uninstalling / reinstalling. Why does Microsofoft keep breaking this?...
  10. Weather App Live Tile Still not working

Weather App Live Tile Still not working: Hello Guys, I have just installed the Threshold 2 update but still my Weather live tile is not working, it worked for a few days after I upgraded from Windows 8 to 10 but ever since then it's not worked, I was hoping this big update was going to fix this. Is anyone else...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. weather app windows 10 washington dc

2. weather app shows wrong location live windows 10

3. windows 10 live weather

4. win10 1803 shows weather at login,
  5. windows 10 weather tile washington,
  6. windows 10 weather app showing washington dc,
  7. why does washington come up on win10 weather app,
  8. msn weather app tile why no live when change from washington dc,
  9. weather app keeps showing washington dc,
  10. weathe ronly shows washington dc live tile,
  11. msn weather app showing washington,