Windows 10: Windows 10 Weather Start Menu Tile - Wrong Location

Discus and support Windows 10 Weather Start Menu Tile - Wrong Location in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, While I have updated the default city inside the weather app itself, the tile that appears on the start menu and the information that appears... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ChrisWise1, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Weather Start Menu Tile - Wrong Location

Hello,

While I have updated the default city inside the weather app itself, the tile that appears on the start menu and the information that appears on the lock screen still have the location set as Washington, D.C. I have tried changing the location back and forth in the app, checking I have the right city defaulted in the map, and turning the computer off and on again, but nothing has worked. Please let me know if I am missing something.

Thank you.

:)

ChrisWise1, Jan 11, 2019

2. Windows 10 Pro Weather live tile

Here,

Live tiles can be switched on or off, follow the steps below:

• On the Start menu, right click the Weather App tile.
    • Point your mouse to More.
    • From the options given, click Turn live tile on / off.

Note: After switching it on, wait for a few seconds and check if the Weather App live tile is now working.

Tell us if this works for you.

Katrina Men, Jan 11, 2019
  3. Secretj2 Win User
    Windows 10 Start Menu Pinned Tiles Location?

Where are the start menu pinned tiles located in Windows 10? Example: I pin Weather, Notepad, and Calculator to the start menu. Where does this data get written? In Windows 7 it was under Program Data>Microsoft>Windows>Start Menu. It appears to have moved
    in Windows 10. Is it a folder I just haven't been able to find, or is it a registry key now?

Thanks

-Jim

Secretj2, Jan 11, 2019
  4. Ա~Ս~Է Win User

Windows 10 Weather Start Menu Tile - Wrong Location

Windows 10 Pro Weather live tile

That was the first way I hoped to become a solution. And it didn't...

Ա~Ս~Է, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Weather Start Menu Tile - Wrong Location

1. Windows 10 Weather Start Menu Tile - Wrong Location - Similar Threads - Weather Start Menu

2. Windows 10 Weather Start Menu Tile incorrect location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Weather Start Menu Tile incorrect location: HiRunning Windows 10 build 19044.2130The weather tile in the start menu is showing a incorrect location, about 140 KM from the correct location.The default location for windows 10 is set correctly .The version of the weather tile does allow me to add the correct location,...
  3. Windows 10 Weather Start Menu Tile incorrect location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Weather Start Menu Tile incorrect location: HiRunning Windows 10 build 19044.2130The weather tile in the start menu is showing a incorrect location, about 140 KM from the correct location.The default location for windows 10 is set correctly .The version of the weather tile does allow me to add the correct location,...
  4. Windows 10 Weather Start Menu Tile incorrect location

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Weather App Tile in Start Menu Shows Incorrect Location

Weather App Tile in Start Menu Shows Incorrect Location: Hello. The weather app tile in the Start menu has always shown the incorrect location. It shows my location to be an enclave six miles from where I actually am. I've tried several "solutions" that I've found online but they never correct the issue. It's been six weeks since I...
  6. Weather app live tile STILL shows wrong location

Weather app live tile STILL shows wrong location: After trying the various "solutions" offered for this problem, that unfortunately don't work, where do we go from here? It appears that the thread has died a death.It seems that this is indeed a Microsoft problem.Is Microsoft aware of it?If not, how do we make Microsoft aware...
  7. Weather tile uses wrong location name as caption

Weather tile uses wrong location name as caption: The weather tile in the start menu does not use the location name from the weather app, but from the JSON response of the MSN Weather API. The location names can differ from one another. Example request w/o apikey: https://api.msn.com/weather/overview?lat=51.59&lon=7.66...
  8. Windows 10 Start Menu Pinned Tiles Location?

Windows 10 Start Menu Pinned Tiles Location?: I have a tile that is blank which I would like to change. In the latest win10 build where are these pinned tiles located? Do they work just like old style shortcuts, could I just change the picture of the icon?...
  9. Windows 10 Start Menu Pinned Tiles Location?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Start Menu Pinned Tiles Location?: Hi I've been searching for a while and i can't find where the pinned tilesin Start menu are located. All I can find is a list of folders that doesn't have the pinned tiles: This doesn't have what I need: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs...
  10. Start menu weather tile

Start menu weather tile: My start menu weather tile displayed temps and so forth when this installation of Win 10 was new (about four days ago). I didn't mess with it because I kind of liked it there. But now it is just a turquoise coloured tile...no information at all...and when I click on it it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win weather to start menu

2. windows 10 weather location wrong

3. windows 10 start menu pinned tiles location