Windows 10: Windows 10 Weather Tile stuck on Washington, D.C.

Discus and support Windows 10 Weather Tile stuck on Washington, D.C. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; In setting my Windows Weather app for the first time on my new laptop, I set the app to automatically detect the location for my city (New York). But... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CookyMonzta, Jan 22, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Weather Tile stuck on Washington, D.C.

In setting my Windows Weather app for the first time on my new laptop, I set the app to automatically detect the location for my city (New York). But after restarting my laptop, the tile still displayed the weather and temperature for Washington, D.C.

I went into my weather app and checked the settings. I changed the setting from "Always detect my location" to "Default location". After a restart, the tile still displayed D.C. Even with the setting at "Always detect my location", the tile still displayed D.C.

I right-clicked the tile, which sent me to "Apps and Features". For "Weather", after turning off the "Location" switch (under App Features), the tile still displayed the temperature for D.C. Even when I switched the location back on, the tile still displayed the D.C. weather.

Whenever I go into my Weather app to check the weather for NYC, the sooner I close the app, the Weather tile no longer displays anything (the D.C. weather disappears) until I restart the machine.

Why is my tile stuck on D.C., and how do I fix it so that it displays the city that is displayed in the app itself?

:)

CookyMonzta, Jan 22, 2019

2. MSN Weather live tile defaults to Washington DC

Same Problem here, on Windows 10 update 1809. Defaults to Washington. I click on the Weather tile and then it shows my local weather.

My solution for now is to unpin the tile to avoid confusion.

Cheers,

-Jorggenn

Jorggenn13, Jan 22, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Pro Weather live tile

Hi,

To better assist you, kindly provide us the following information:

• Is it just the Weather Live Tile that doesn't work?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Can you open the Weather App?

Looking forward for your reply.

Katrina Men, Jan 22, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Weather Tile stuck on Washington, D.C.

Windows 10 Pro Weather live tile

Here,

Live tiles can be switched on or off, follow the steps below:

• On the Start menu, right click the Weather App tile.
    • Point your mouse to More.
    • From the options given, click Turn live tile on / off.

Note: After switching it on, wait for a few seconds and check if the Weather App live tile is now working.

Tell us if this works for you.

Katrina Men, Jan 22, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Weather Tile stuck on Washington, D.C.

1. Windows 10 Weather Tile stuck on Washington, D.C. - Similar Threads - Weather Tile stuck

2. Weather Widget Live Tile Stuck In Fahrenheit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weather Widget Live Tile Stuck In Fahrenheit: In the app it's set as Celcius. Advance Settings is in Celcius.Live tile NOT in Celcius. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weather-widget-live-tile-stuck-in-fahrenheit/afe9472d-3ad9-4ee5-9499-9dd6ba5576f8
  3. Weather Widget Live Tile Stuck In Fahrenheit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weather Widget Live Tile Stuck In Fahrenheit: In the app it's set as Celcius. Advance Settings is in Celcius.Live tile NOT in Celcius. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weather-widget-live-tile-stuck-in-fahrenheit/afe9472d-3ad9-4ee5-9499-9dd6ba5576f8
  4. Weather Widget Live Tile Stuck In Fahrenheit

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Weather live tiles

Weather live tiles: So basically i have my weather app pinned to start and it's showing the wrong name of the location, but when i click on it it show it correctly. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weather-live-tiles/b5950d27-7e02-4baf-94ae-8d223a3e75e9
  6. weather tile missing

weather tile missing: my weather app works and is on start up menu on the left and in the system tray. I brushed my fingers across the tiles somehow the other day and it caused the weather tile to disappear. How did i get the TILE back in the tiles display? I'd rather not do much to fix this if...
  7. Weather app stuck on WASHINGTON, DC (Win10, 1903 build)

Weather app stuck on WASHINGTON, DC (Win10, 1903 build): Just reinstalled Windows 10 Home (1903 build). As I'm rebuilding and recreating everything, I see that my Weather app is stuck on Washington DC. I live in Arizona. I have unpinned, repinned, reset, uninstalled, and reinstalled this app. It still thinks I live in Washington...
  8. Weather app Live Tile and Washington D.C. - what the heck is going on???

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Weather app Live Tile and Washington D.C. - what the heck is going on???: I reinstalled Win10 on my laptop (Home, vers 1809, OS build 17763.253) and since then the Weather app Live Tile in the Start Menu is nonfunctional or it shows the weather for WASHINGTON D.C., despite the fact that I live in Arizona. Also, the weather function on the lock...
  9. Win 10 Weather App/Tile

Win 10 Weather App/Tile: I have set the weather app to my location and to display in Celsius. It has worked for years but something is now broken. If I click on the start menu I see the temperature, wind speed etc, shown in the old fashioned imperial (F, MPH, etc). I totally cannot relate to that...
  10. MSN Weather live tile defaults to Washington DC

MSN Weather live tile defaults to Washington DC: Forum The other day my MSN Weather App started to show Washinton DV from the live tile. But when I clicked on it the app defaults to my locaiton (St Louis) . Closing it back down the live tile defaults to Washinton D.C. I've reset it, uninstalled it, searched the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 weather tile washington

2. I cant get rid of weather for Washington DC on my lock screen windows 10

3. windows 10 weather washington

4. windows 10 live tile for weather does not show local conditions,
  5. weather channel is stuck on washinton dc weather cant change it to norristown,
  6. weatherorrect location the weather channel is stuck on wasington dc weather cant change it app shows m,
  7. windows 10 weather app washington dc,
  8. win 10 weather live tile shows washington dc,
  9. windows 10 tiles stuck,
  10. windows weather stuck on washington,
  11. weather tile showing washington dc,
  12. windows 10 stuck washington,
  13. windows 10 weather tile just shows washington weather,
  14. msn weather app keeps showing washington dc,
  15. windows 10 weather preview tile always shows washington dc