Windows 10: Windows 10? Web browser location/geolocation access issue

Discus and support Windows 10? Web browser location/geolocation access issue in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am trying to log in to lotto website which requires user to be in same province but I am getting issues during log in tell me that I need to be from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ybmmike, Feb 6, 2021.

1. Windows 10? Web browser location/geolocation access issue

I am trying to log in to lotto website which requires user to be in same province but I am getting issues during log in tell me that I need to be from this province and does not allow me to log.

I did not have issues login in before but I recently upgraded my computer and did a fresh install of Windows 10, this is when it all started.
    I did go over all the basics like clear cookies, cache, ON/OFF location from Windows 10 settings doesn't seems to matter (i'll explain later) and tested with multiple web browsers. Chrome, Firefox, Opera all giving me same location issue when trying to log in.
    With Google Chrome, after I do any search than scroll down to bottom of the page, it is properly showing my location. Clicking "Use precise location" doesn't do anything because it already has the accurate location. Same results from incognito mode as well.

What is funny is... I can log in every single time with Microsoft Edge browser without any issues. What the heck, eh?

What do you thing the problem is? Windows 10? I really don't think it is a issue with the web browsers. Have a completely overlooked something?

I would greatly appreciate some feedbacks.

submitted by /u/ybmmike
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ybmmike, Feb 6, 2021

2. A Faster Web Browser for Windows 10?

Hi,

You always have the option to use other browsers, however I strongly suggest that you use Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer because of the newer features. To address your issue we are going to enable your Flash Player Plugin. Kindly follow these steps:

• Click the "..." button on the upper right corner of your Edge browser.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Under Advanced settings section, click the View advanced settings button.
    • Locate the Use Adobe Flash Player section and toggle the switch on to enable Adobe Flash Player.
    • Refresh your web page or open a new browser tab.
    Let's see how it behaves.

Regards.

Robelene Win, Feb 6, 2021
  3. f14tomcat Win User
    Browser Location Privacy- How to Set

Here's something I ran across you might find helpful if you're concerned about browser privacy and access to your location. It's easy to set virtually any browser to stop asking if it can access your location. There are steps outlined for Firefox, Chrome, Edge and IE. Firefox steps are also for any Mozilla based browser (i.e. Cyberfox , etc.) and Chrome steps for any Chromium based browser. This is the example for Firefox, all others are outlined in the article. No hacks, just settings. TC

How to Stop Websites From Asking For Your Location

Type geo.enabled into the Search box on the about:config screen. Double-click the “geo.enabled” preference that appears and Firefox will set it to “false”.
    You can close the about:config tab afterwards.

Windows 10? Web browser location/geolocation access issue ximg_58a60c6cdc483.png.pagespeed.gp+jp+jw+pj+ws+js+rj+rp+rw+ri+cp+md.ic.T7VcO6yLYe.png

f14tomcat, Feb 6, 2021
  4. Arul_D Win User

Windows 10? Web browser location/geolocation access issue

Location GREYED out in windows 10...no option of turning on Windows Location Platform in Windows 10

Hi Junaid,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to turn On Windows location platform by the below steps and see if it helps.

Method 1:

1) Type location in the search bar and click on change location settings.

2) Then, check the box Turn ON Windows location platform” and “Help improve Windows Location services”.

3) Click on Apply.

Alternatively, you can go to Control Panel, click Hardware and Sound, and then click location settings.

Method 2:

Please follow the steps to run System Maintenance troubleshooter
    on the computer:

• Type “Control Panel” on the search box.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on View all option on the left side of the Windows.
    • Click on System Maintenance option.
    • Click on Next and follow the onscreen instructions to troubleshoot the issue.
    Also, make sure to check the geolocation service and set it to automatic.

Open Run command by pressing Win Key + R, type services.msc
    and find Geolocation services.

Hope this helps. If you have any other queries, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Arul_D, Feb 6, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10? Web browser location/geolocation access issue

1. Windows 10? Web browser location/geolocation access issue - Similar Threads - Web browser location

2. Windows 10 Geolocation not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Geolocation not working: I have a Windows 10 Enterprise version 2004, build 19041.546 system for which the geolocation services are malfunctioning. The system is in Washington, DC, and the geolocation consistently reports in Colorado Springs, Colorado. The problem occurs for all accounts on this...
  3. Web browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Web browser: When I open Chrome which is my default web browser I am getting a different browser layered on top of it called New Radio Cast. I don't know what I did to add it, I am guessing that it is an add on extension, I don't want it and I can't figure out how to delete it. It...
  4. Geolocation issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Geolocation issue: I have purchased a new computer and noticed that it does not find my exact geolocation. For instance, in the Weather app, it shows a city but not an exact place where I am. I need your help. Thank you...
  5. Geolocation Issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Geolocation Issues: I moved from Pennsylvania to New York 2 months ago. Geolocation is incorrect in Weather app, Maps app, Firefox desktop on Windows 10, it gives off my OLD address. Random sites that ask for location that is. Clean Windows 10 Install Clean Firefox Install Not behind VPN...
  6. New Edge web browser, locations are blocked now

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New Edge web browser, locations are blocked now: Bing COVID-19 tracker doesn’t have permissions to use your location. Please enable permissions in browser settings to get local updates. Where in the setting can I enable this? submitted by /u/Ditchbanger480 [link] [comments]...
  7. Web browser.

Web browser.: So on 4/6/20 I was downloading something online and it downloaded a web browser that i could not get rid of. So I uninstalled the app and problem solved, Then I ran a full virus scan and it came beck good. But then today I notice the app is back so i imedantly run a virus...
  8. Onedrive not accessible with web browser

Onedrive not accessible with web browser: when I try to log in to onedrive I get the following message using Chrome This site can’t provide a secure connection onedrive.live.com uses an unsupported protocol. ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH and this message useing edge Cannot securely connect to this page...
  9. Can no longer access apps in web browser

Can no longer access apps in web browser: Windows 10 pro When I click to open app on the taskbar while I am using a webbrowser the app opens in the browser but once I move the cursor from the app icon the open app disappears to the desktop Then I must close or minimize the browser to engage the app, For example, I...
  10. Browser and web page issues after windows 10 updates

Browser and web page issues after windows 10 updates: Seems like everytime I have a windows 10 update then there are issues. In this case web browser is slow and web pages are slow to open and some pages I now only see a text version. Are there setting sto fix this?...