Windows 10: Windows 10 webcam/mic problems

Discus and support Windows 10 webcam/mic problems in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So during quarantine I’m trying to get my aunt and uncle on to Zoom to see the rest of the family, But he can’t get his mic/webcam to work. We’ve tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mayes2000, Apr 12, 2020.

1. Windows 10 webcam/mic problems

So during quarantine I’m trying to get my aunt and uncle on to Zoom to see the rest of the family, But he can’t get his mic/webcam to work. We’ve tried going through setting on zoom/pc and he says the computer does not see the built in webcam. I’m a Mac guy so having problems trying to help navigate windows 10 over the phone. Any ideas or links to articles/videos that might help?

submitted by /u/mayes2000
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/mayes2000, Apr 12, 2020

2. webcam and mic problem

Hello,

It is possible that the drivers on your computer is outdated that causes problems to detect the devices. For us to efficiently assist you with your concern, we would like to ask a few questions:

• When did the issue start?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • What is the exact error message that you are getting?
    • Have you tried updating your drivers?

For the meantime, we recommend that you follow the steps provided in the articles below on how to troubleshoot problems with your webcam:

We look forward to your response.

Stephanie Sal, Apr 12, 2020
  3. webcam and mic

Hi Roland,

Are you trying to use a specific application which accesses the webcame and mic?

Webcam

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/402864...

To open up your webcam or camera, select the Start button, and then select Camera in the list of apps.

If you want to use the camera within other apps, select the Start button, select Settings > Privacy > Camera, and then turn on Let apps use my camera. 

From there, turn on each of the listed apps where you want to use the camera.

Mic

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/402798...

Give these a look and let me know!

- C

Charlie Klausen, Apr 12, 2020
  4. fireberd Win User

Windows 10 webcam/mic problems

USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Apr 12, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 webcam/mic problems

1. Windows 10 webcam/mic problems - Similar Threads - webcam mic problems

2. Webcam problem in windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Webcam problem in windows 10: I'm using lenovo laptop with Windows 10, version 20H2. My webcam was working well initially may be before update to version 20H2 and really not sure from when the problem started. I'd tried all possible ways as below tried reinstalling camera drivers with multiple restarts....
  3. Windows 10 Webcam problem

Windows 10 Webcam problem: I have Lenovo Ideapad C340 notebook & Windows 10 Pro software. Onboard webcam not running but external webcam image is running. What is the problem? what should I do? 171126
  4. Windows 10 Webcam problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Webcam problem: I have Lenovo Ideapad C340 notebook & Windows 10 Pro software. Onboard webcam not running but external webcam image is running. What is the problem? what should I do? 171126
  5. Webcam Mic not working

Webcam Mic not working: Hey guys, I have a problem with my Webcam which iam using as a Mic and its kinda broken :/ My Windows is a Custom Version I made with Ntlite (newest build)... but it worked before installing EQ APO ! ) The video function works in Discord and everywhere else, but not the...
  6. webcam digital camera and mic

webcam digital camera and mic: webcam digital camera's mic not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/webcam-digital-camera-and-mic/01246b70-6a76-40b8-9847-e269d16a1ab9
  7. Webcam and mic failing silently

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Webcam and mic failing silently: Just installed windows 10 (well, server 2019) on a desktop computer. Working from home on my mackbook air is not good ergonomics. Had to join some web chats using jitsi and microsoft teams. Spent a solid hour worrying that my webcam and headset mic seem not to be working,...
  8. webcam mic not working on windows 10

webcam mic not working on windows 10: I am able to install my "Campark" spca6350 both as camera and default mic. however there is no sound. The mic is enabled but the volume slider remains at 0 db. Not Mute [ATTACH]...
  9. Mic/Webcam set up

Mic/Webcam set up: Hi, My wife is working from home, she's using her Win 10 Samsung laptop, but struggling for webcam & mic set up. This is pictures of whats happening. first one is the error, 2nd is the options, then the next 2 are in the security when you click manage, just can't get them to...
  10. webcam and mic

in Windows 10 Customization
    webcam and mic: how to access https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/webcam-and-mic/bed538b8-ab30-4e98-b67c-a2f4280e9f6c

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 not picking up microphone from webcam