Windows 10: windows 10 webcam video and photo storage issue

Discus and support windows 10 webcam video and photo storage issue in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have been using the webcam on my windows 10 PC. It stored these photos in the Camera Roll previously. I take the pictures and review and delete ones... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by barryrmb1, Oct 16, 2019.

1. barryrmb1 Win User

windows 10 webcam video and photo storage issue

I have been using the webcam on my windows 10 PC. It stored these photos in the Camera Roll previously. I take the pictures and review and delete ones that I don't care for as I have done in the past. Once I leave the camera app on the webcam I cannot find the pictures in the camera roll folder or in the pictures folder. Where are the Photos and videos being saved? If not saved what could have happened to the Photos? In the past, I had no problem.. Today, October 15th 2019, my windows 10 was updated, still the same problem.
    Thank you,
    Rollins
    P.S. It may be something simple, that I may have selected something that I'm not aware of or by accident.

:)

barryrmb1, Oct 16, 2019

2. Webcam and Photos blocked by Anniversary Update

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

As you are facing issues with the photo app I suggest you to follow the below method.

Method 1: Run the Windows App Troubleshooter

I suggest you to download and run the app troubleshooter from the below link and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

For the issue related to webcam I suggest you to perform the below steps.

Method 2:

You may also update the Camera driver from Device Manager manually and check if this helps.

• Press (Windows key + X) and click on “Device Manager”.
    • Expand “Other devices”.
    • Right click on the “Integrated webcam” drivers and select “Update Driver Software”. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    Hope the information helps. Do reply if you need further assistance.

Anup Karkal, Oct 16, 2019
  3. LibaISR Win User
    Using an external webcam for photos and video

Hi. I have a C922 Pro Stream Webcam that I use for video calls and would like to use it to take photos and record videos on my laptop. In my integrated camera settings there is no option to switch cameras and I can't figure out how to make my external webcam
    override my integrated camera. I've tried disabling my laptop camera but that didn't work.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

LibaISR, Oct 16, 2019
  4. windows 10 webcam video and photo storage issue

webcam issue

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

The information which you have provided is not enough for us to determine the issue. Please provide us more information.

• What exact error message do you receive while using Webcam?
    • Does this issue persist while using specific app/program or does it persist with all app using Webcam?

Method 1:

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices
    troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.

Method 2:

If issue persist, I suggest you to try installing Webcam drivers in compatibility mode. Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows. Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check
    if that helps.

• Download the Webcam drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Properties’.
    • Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’
      and select Windows 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Do reply if you need further assistance, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Oct 16, 2019
Thema:

windows 10 webcam video and photo storage issue

1. windows 10 webcam video and photo storage issue - Similar Threads - webcam video photo

2. Webcam no video?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Webcam no video?: Hey guys, I have a Logitech C615 webcam which was working just fine yesterday. I needed to change its USB port and since making the change, it has no video output. I have since returned it to its previous port and the issue persists. My privacy settings are correct, the...
  3. Windows 10 Storage Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Storage Issue: Recently I have noticed that I have around 400 GB of storage in my apps but they count up to only about 10 GB which I have no idea why is happening, can somebody help me?...
  4. Webcam Issues-Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Webcam Issues-Windows 10: Tried several well known webcams, all plug and play. Nothing is acknowledged in device manager. Despite upgraded drivers, and changing to different SB ports, nothing works. Is there anything specific that needs to be changed or added in settings or security perhaps that...
  5. Using an external webcam for photos and video

Using an external webcam for photos and video: Hi. I have a C922 Pro Stream Webcam that I use for video calls and would like to use it to take photos and record videos on my laptop. In my integrated camera settings there is no option to switch cameras and I can't figure out how to make my external webcam override my...
  6. Dates of photos and videos on Windows 10 Collection issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dates of photos and videos on Windows 10 Collection issue: I recently imported some new pictures and videos from another computer and when I did my computer automatically put the current date on the photos instead of the dates photos were taken. I right clicked on the photos or videos to change the date and did so, but the dates did...
  7. Windows 10 Photo video editor / file export issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Photo video editor / file export issues: Hello I have created a 8min 37sec movie of a Holiday. Its a combination of photos and trimmed video clips with a soundtrack as well. When I attempt to export the completed file I only get 1min 29 secs exported. I have tried all 3 file size export choices. Any help would...
  8. Video issue in webcam

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Video issue in webcam: I have Microsoft VX 6000 Webcam, the mic works without any problem but the video causes issue. I am unable to sort it out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-issue-in-webcam/5bf8ab18-fc0c-4b47-8291-5a5a0f7a9f01
  9. photo storage in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    photo storage in Windows 10: Windows 10 has 2 different photo storage units. One, part of it's "Start Menu", is titled "Photos" with a drawing of a mountain next to the word. The other, called "Pictures", is set between "Documents" and "This PC". I've noticed that they sometimes contain different...
  10. how to record video with webcam? windows 10

how to record video with webcam? windows 10: Hi, how do I record video with webcam on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-record-video-with-webcam-windows-10/a65fae0f-86d3-4a82-999d-5003a2c78ad8

Users found this page by searching for:

1. webcam picture storage