Windows 10: Windows 10 welcome screen is gone since last security update

Discus and support Windows 10 welcome screen is gone since last security update in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi, I have a problem with my Windows 10 since the last Updatepatch last week. I have also searched the forum, but unfortunately found nothing. My... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Joshi_84, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Joshi_84 Win User

Windows 10 welcome screen is gone since last security update

Hi,

I have a problem with my Windows 10 since the last Updatepatch last week.

I have also searched the forum, but unfortunately found nothing.

My computer is password protected, or rather my Windows.
    So far, it has always been the case that when I switched on my computer and started Windows, I saw a landscape image of Bing. If I then pressed a button, the image was slightly "foggy" and my password entry came. It is the same when I haven't used the computer for a long time, the screen automatically locked and these standard Bing pictures came.

Since the last security update last week, the "foggy" picture and the password entry has now come immediately after starting the computer. In the same way, even if the computer has not been used for a long time, this foggy picture also comes with the login of the password input.

With Bing pictures I mean these, where you could also vote whether you like it or not ...

Can you help me please? How can i get the bing screen picture back. where i can vote for it, even if the computer has not been used for a long time?

Thanks and regards
    Joshi

:)

Joshi_84, Apr 29, 2020
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Apr 29, 2020
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Apr 29, 2020
  4. Windows 10 welcome screen is gone since last security update

Windows 7 Ultimate (64) Security updates not installing.

I have been having problems in installing the updates that I have listed below. For each update I attempted to install them individually but they would not install. I also downloaded the SURT 6.1 KB947821 v27. The problem has been going on now for about 2 months. (whenever the issue with the updates comes to mind I am never near my pc). Thank you in advance.

Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 9 for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2838727)
    Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2757638)
    Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2785220)
    Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2790113)
    Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2813170)
    Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2813430)
    Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2839894)
    Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2726535)
    Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2773072)
    Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2786400)
    Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2798162)
    Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2808679)

autigerfan, Apr 29, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 welcome screen is gone since last security update

1. Windows 10 welcome screen is gone since last security update - Similar Threads - welcome screen gone

2. Since the last Windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Since the last Windows update: Hi, since the last win update I can't open any new files that I save or download..simply i click on file and NOTHING happens, but when I copy that same file on my business drive, it opens?!...
  3. Since the last Windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Since the last Windows update: Hi, since the last win update I can't open any new files that I save or download..simply i click on file and NOTHING happens, but when I copy that same file on my business drive, it opens?!...
  4. Since the last Windows update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Since the last update on windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Since the last update on windows: 1 my printer software which is 32 bit refuses to work ,hence I now have a printer that doesn't work .The printer my be old but still works fine . HP printer Office Jet 6500 E 709 it also appears that Hp no longer provide updates . Also Digital Image which I know is quite old...
  6. Hibernate option gone since last update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hibernate option gone since last update: ever since the last update the hibernate option has disappeared from the advanced power setting. the checkbox is also gone from the system settings even the "change settings that are unavailable". It no longer shows up and all I can choose from is to lock or sleep. It seems...
  7. Since last update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Since last update: I dont know if anyone else has noticed that Win10 hasnt run very well for quite some time, unstable, crappy graphics windows popping open for no reason ....anyway II was going through a migraine worth of varying **** and then with the latest update I had enough of the ****...
  8. Welcome Screen Background Image Gone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Welcome Screen Background Image Gone: I just updated to 1607 and that changed everything. One of the things I tried to do was remove the welcome screen. All that ended up doing was removing the background picture, and replacing it with a solid color. [img] This is what it used to look like. I use auto...
  9. Since last Update ............................

in Browsers and Email
    Since last Update ............................: MY browsing has gone haywire! I am accessing sites which are not opening properly, windows is asking 'do you want to pen this like this, or something (my wifes account) - opened an online newspaper and it has sections that seem to be continuously opening (loading circles)....
  10. Since last update

in Windows 10 Support
    Since last update: Since this little update on 2nd Dec Bing now has sound on home page and headline photo appear across the bottom. When you click on the photo it takes you to the subject to read. So well done Microsoft. Has anyone else found or seen it 32538