Windows 10: windows 10 went down in sleep mode during a power cut and won't now boot up

Discus and support windows 10 went down in sleep mode during a power cut and won't now boot up in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi I have problems again with windows 10, 1 year after my last problem I had with an update which 'lost' my sound. I lived with it for a long time,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jonah61, Feb 3, 2020.

1. Jonah61 Win User

windows 10 went down in sleep mode during a power cut and won't now boot up

Hi

I have problems again with windows 10, 1 year after my last problem I had with an update which 'lost' my sound. I lived with it for a long time, then decided I had to take drastic measures. I have a HP Compaq dc7900 SFF PC ALL Product No.KP721AV with a windows 10 home for refurbished pcs program

So I did a full wipe clean and reinstalled windows 10 9.3 version from s flash drive in Dec 2019 and things started to work again, I reinstalled some of my 'lost' apps and things were OK till Jan when updates seemed to be struggling but I had my sound back. Then the last update left 2 parts not updated - the last 2 on the list unfinished. I then experienced a supply outage whilst my computer was in sleep mode and I couldn't wake it up.

I had established a restore point so I followed the instructions for auto repair, trouble shooting, advanced options and a command prompt health scan but the computer still slept. I tried to get into safe mode using F8 key when booting up to no avail. I then tried advanced options to restore 'loosing the apps' the restore point heading was available as a choice - which I took but it didn't work. So I tried resetting the computer 'loosing the apps, files etc' and that didn't work either, and it gave me the option of cancelling the process which had stopped anyway. So I took that and it went back to the same menu I had before - with one difference of using 'another operating system' ? I don't understand that, does it mean I have to try to install another coy of windows 10 and if so, how do I install it from my flash USB stick?

Could you please help with this problem? I don't know how to 'format' the disc so that I can start from 'square one' and just install windows 10 again as a fresh start.
    warm regards Jonah61 Brian

:)

Jonah61, Feb 3, 2020
  2. Jetster Win User

Windows won't boot back up from sleep

Check your power settings in the BIOS. Windows 7 sleep mode works fine. I wouldn't suggest disabling it. Why have your system sucking air and spinning drive if your not using it. I have seen some issues with some input devises not allowing the system to go to sleep. But Drone mentioned it

Jetster, Feb 3, 2020
  3. sleep mode and power options not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Forums.

For issues with sleep mode and power options follow the steps provided below.

Run the Power troubleshooter and check.

Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Type Troubleshooting in search and click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Now type Power in the search option.
    • Click on Power troubleshooter to run.

I would suggest you to try updating the Display driver and check if the issue persists. If you already have all the latest drivers from Windows updates, then I would suggest you to visit the computer manufacturer's website, download and install the latest
    drivers in compatibility mode and check.

Hope this helps.

Anish A Kumar, Feb 3, 2020
  4. windows 10 went down in sleep mode during a power cut and won't now boot up

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Feb 3, 2020
Thema:

windows 10 went down in sleep mode during a power cut and won't now boot up

1. windows 10 went down in sleep mode during a power cut and won't now boot up - Similar Threads - went down sleep

2. Power cut during PC update, now won't start up or restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power cut during PC update, now won't start up or restore: PC: Asus Zn220-240iC.My PC started an update yesterday after I finished work, then the power cut so it obviously didn't finish.Went to boot up today and it went into Automatic Repair Mode which then said it couldn't do anything and to shut down.Restarted it and tried...
  3. Power cut during PC update, now won't start up or restore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power cut during PC update, now won't start up or restore: PC: Asus Zn220-240iC.My PC started an update yesterday after I finished work, then the power cut so it obviously didn't finish.Went to boot up today and it went into Automatic Repair Mode which then said it couldn't do anything and to shut down.Restarted it and tried...
  4. Internet cuts out during sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet cuts out during sleep mode: Hello all. Today I have a new issue. Every time I leave my computer to go into sleep mode, the internet cuts out upon returning. Running windows network diagnostics returns the "Wifi doesn't have a valid IP configuration message." I've tried:Resetting the winsock...
  5. Internet cuts out during sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet cuts out during sleep mode: Hello all. Today I have a new issue. Every time I leave my computer to go into sleep mode, the internet cuts out upon returning. Running windows network diagnostics returns the "Wifi doesn't have a valid IP configuration message." I've tried:Resetting the winsock...
  6. Internet cuts out during sleep mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Shut down during updates now unable to boot up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Shut down during updates now unable to boot up: I work for a nonprofit and this isn't my laptop/ I haven't laid eyes on the device myself.A client closed their laptop mid-update, then brought the device home and now it will not boot up/restart.Before this happened, they told me that they never performed system updates as...
  8. Laptop powered off during a Windows 10 update and now won't boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop powered off during a Windows 10 update and now won't boot: Hi, Unfortunately my laptop installed with Windows 10 powered off during an update. When I turn on my laptop the screen backlight turns on but stays blank and nothing happens. I can go into the BIOS and also run tests on the Memory, Hardrive and other peripherals and...
  9. Windows 10 Went into sleep mode and now everthing is zoomed in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Went into sleep mode and now everthing is zoomed in: Windows went into sleep mode for maybe 2 seconds before I clicked to wake it back up. When I did the youtube video started back up but only in audio and the whole page froze and dragged with the scroller. When I exited I had noticed that even the toolbar was zoomed in on and...
  10. Windows powers down during boot, wtf?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows powers down during boot, wtf?: When I power up my PC, the BIOS boots, then I see the blue window in the center of the screen as Windows 10 x64 is allegedly booting, then my machine powers down/off. If I then press the power button again, Windows 10 actually boots as it should. Why the frack is Windows 10...