Windows 10: Windows 10 - What a bad thing...

Discus and support Windows 10 - What a bad thing... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Such a HORROR! Have a completely encrypted drive (without drive letters) in the system and what does Windows 10 do out of it, when I install separatly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TAKTER, Nov 6, 2018.

1. TAKTER Win User

Windows 10 - What a bad thing...

Such a HORROR!

Have a completely encrypted drive (without drive letters) in the system
    and what does Windows 10 do out of it, when I install separatly to my

existing Windows 7 installation on an extra drive:

A BOOTABLE HARDDISC - isn't that great - THANK YOU MICROSOFT PROGRAMMERS!

Boot
    System Volume Information
    bootmgr
    BOOTNXT
    BOOTESCT.BAK

are the only things now on a two terrabyte client backup drive...

Windows 10 somehow doesn't boot after installation and I always end up with
    again on my old window 7...

NOW I KNOW WHY - THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH A HARD DRIVE IN A SYSTEM WITHOUT PERMISSION!

IT CAN BE ANOTHER BOOT SYSTEM OR SOMETHING ELSE THAT YOU PLEASE NOT HAVE TO BUST!

:)

TAKTER, Nov 6, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 6, 2018
  3. Anne Fuj Win User
    is this a bad thing

Hi Richard,

This can be caused by several reasons. One of these reasons could be related to the devices connected to your computer. For us to diagnose what is causing this issue, we would like to know the following information:

• Have you made any changes to the computer recently?
      Recently installed any software or updates?
    • What were you doing before getting the error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest that you run the hardware troubleshooter.
    This is an automated tool which will check the hardware connected to the computer for any known issues with it and provides the details on how to fix them.
    Follow these steps:

• Press Windows key to get the Start menu.
    • Type Troubleshooting in the search box right up corner and hit enter.
    • Click on Troubleshooting tab.
    • Click on View all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the Hardware and Devices options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware Troubleshooter.

Update us with the result so we can further assist you.

Anne Fuj, Nov 6, 2018
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 - What a bad thing... - Similar Threads - bad thing

2. When I start my laptop, several cmd.exe start popping up. Is that a bad thing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I start my laptop, several cmd.exe start popping up. Is that a bad thing?: recently my laptop has been laggy and I don't know if the cmd.exe is the reason why it has been slowing down. pls help ty https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-start-my-laptop-several-cmdexe-start/573a5662-59dc-4388-aa93-20120ff674b8
  3. When I start my laptop, several cmd.exe start popping up. Is that a bad thing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I start my laptop, several cmd.exe start popping up. Is that a bad thing?: recently my laptop has been laggy and I don't know if the cmd.exe is the reason why it has been slowing down. pls help ty https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-start-my-laptop-several-cmdexe-start/573a5662-59dc-4388-aa93-20120ff674b8
  4. When I start my laptop, several cmd.exe start popping up. Is that a bad thing?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Is my USB not turning off after shutting down my computer a bad thing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Is my USB not turning off after shutting down my computer a bad thing: Recently I got a new computer, and since I've gotten it keep in mind I have a rgb mouse and my mic is a BlueYeti which has a red light on it just wondering is it bad that it rgb/USB doesnt turn off?...
  6. Why does windows suck so bad at simple things.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does windows suck so bad at simple things.: Everytime I log in to windows I have to resync time because it is ALWAYS 1 hour behind every single time. How do I get it to stick with the correct time for good....
  7. It shows system power usage high is that a bad thing?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    It shows system power usage high is that a bad thing?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TripleGGGGGGGGG [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dqe63q/it_shows_system_power_usage_high_is_that_a_bad/
  8. is it a good or bad thing to delete the 'compress your os device' files in the clean disk...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    is it a good or bad thing to delete the 'compress your os device' files in the clean disk...: Just as stated in the subject/question, is it a good or bad thing to delete the 'compress your os device' files in the clean disk space. It holds 35 GB and I need some extra storage for other apps and documents, so I was wondering if I should delete those files or not, in...
  9. Fast boot, is it a good thing or bad ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Fast boot, is it a good thing or bad ?: I personally enjoy it, makes a pc load fast, what am i missing > i see on many answers around the board disable fast boot 77890
  10. New Tools is this a good or bad thing ????

in Windows 10 Support
    New Tools is this a good or bad thing ????: New tools promise to unlock the potential of Windows 10 Mobile and Lumia smartphone. Can Windows Phone Internals bring the hacker community back to the fold? Windows Phone has a very ironic history. Back in the mid-2000s it was the operating system for hackers, tinkerers...