Windows 10: Windows 10 - What happens if you restart in the middle of a minor does not need to restart...

Discus and support Windows 10 - What happens if you restart in the middle of a minor does not need to restart... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Some updates do not need to restart in order to install. I have a registry key that will cause my computer to crash at will, which I used the default... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KodoxIC, Mar 22, 2021.

1. KodoxIC Win User

Windows 10 - What happens if you restart in the middle of a minor does not need to restart...

Some updates do not need to restart in order to install. I have a registry key that will cause my computer to crash at will, which I used the default setting for. This registry key was set in the rare, but to me possible, case that my computer is taken control of and I somehow cannot terminate the connection in time without resorting to a manual crash. I was wondering, since this may happen in the middle of installation of an update that does not need to restart the computer in order to install, if the damage that could be caused by the computer shutting down in the middle of an update that does require this will be caused if it does in the middle of an update that does not. This would, if true, most likely make it a difficult decision whether to crash to prevent sensitive data from being accessed or to not crash to avoid major damage to the PC.

:)

KodoxIC, Mar 22, 2021
  2. Arrakis9 Win User

Random restarts

when you start the computer up press F8 repeatedly until you get a list of how to start windows, choose do not automatically restart on system failure. if your getting bsod's list what your getting here so we can further help you. IF the system is not getting bsod's and still restarting as you say then i would look into getting a line conditioner for your computer as you might be having power issues.

Arrakis9, Mar 22, 2021
  3. PC restarts when playing GTA 5 and DotA 2 after Windows 10 Anniversary Update

@JL87 @INSTG8R @SnakeDoctor @Recon-UK @Moofachuka

Before I did a clean install of Windows, I updated Windows 10 to the latest patch with the Cumulative Updates with the Malicious Removal and etc, ran Unigine and I was in the middle of the benchmark (50%) and it restarted.

Just now, I finished my Windows 10 clean install and ran the Unigine again and it ran 75% and it restarted.

So, PSU issue?

rubenclavs, Mar 22, 2021
  4. MoonPig Win User

Windows 10 - What happens if you restart in the middle of a minor does not need to restart...

Windows 7 Restarts on Loading

Hey,

Just swapped out some hardware in my Media Center.

When windows finishes the Loading screen (with the logo in the middle on black background), it restarts the computer.... and repeat.

I remember this happening to computers before, but can't remember the solution.

I changed the motherboard, so is it because of drivers?

I can't boot into SafeMode. Same thing happens after loading drivers.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Danny

MoonPig, Mar 22, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 - What happens if you restart in the middle of a minor does not need to restart... - Similar Threads - happens restart middle

2. Laptop restarting in the middle of a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop restarting in the middle of a game: So recently I've been having a issue where my computer in the middle of a game just decides to restart. Then when it restarts and I try to reopen the game, not even a few minutes after opening it. It restarts again. I checked the error log thing and it says "Miniport...
  3. Laptop restarting in the middle of a game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop restarting in the middle of a game: So recently I've been having a issue where my computer in the middle of a game just decides to restart. Then when it restarts and I try to reopen the game, not even a few minutes after opening it. It restarts again. I checked the error log thing and it says "Miniport...
  4. Device Run Into Problem And Need To Restart. We'll Restart For You

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device Run Into Problem And Need To Restart. We'll Restart For You: Hi there,I'm asking on behalf of my friend because she couldn't access her computer. My friend once reset her PC because of the blue screen and ever since everything is fixed.However, today suddenly the blue screen occurs again, and then the window doesn't want to run at all....
  5. Device Run Into Problem And Need To Restart. We'll Restart For You

Device Run Into Problem And Need To Restart. We'll Restart For You: Hi there,I'm asking on behalf of my friend because she couldn't access her computer. My friend once reset her PC because of the blue screen and ever since everything is fixed.However, today suddenly the blue screen occurs again, and then the window doesn't want to run at all....
  6. Device Run Into Problem And Need To Restart. We'll Restart For You

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart. we'll restart for you

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart. we'll restart for you: Guys Can someone please help me If I turn on my laptop it says "my device ran into a problem and need restart. We'll restart it for you" and after that it show in thd screen "Automatic repair" it just stuck right there. Sometimes it shows black screen with a mouse cursor.I...
  8. Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart. we'll restart for you

Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart. we'll restart for you: Guys Can someone please help me If I turn on my laptop it says "my device ran into a problem and need restart. We'll restart it for you" and after that it show in thd screen "Automatic repair" it just stuck right there. Sometimes it shows black screen with a mouse cursor.I...
  9. What happens if you restart your pc during a windows reinstallation?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What happens if you restart your pc during a windows reinstallation?: I couldn't get task scheduler to start and everything there is to try on the internet i did but nothing worked, so I found out that I had to completely reinstall windows. While doing this I got an error message that said I had to restart the computer by pressing ok. So I did...
  10. Windows ran into a problem and needs to restart. we will restart it for you

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows ran into a problem and needs to restart. we will restart it for you: so i have 2 windows on my pc 8.1 and 10. 8.1 is working perfectly but the windows 10 have this problem loop Windows ran into a problem and needs to restart. we will restart it for you and when i try to use the windows 10 tools it says it need an adminstrator account ,while...