Windows 10: Windows 10: What to expect on July 29

Discus and support Windows 10: What to expect on July 29 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; With the launch of Windows 10 less than a week away, here’s what you can expect to find when the operating system launches on July 29. It’s not quite... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jul 23, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Windows 10: What to expect on July 29

Read more: Windows 10: What to expect on July 29 | PCWorld

Brink, Jul 23, 2015
  2. BunnyJ New Member

From article:

:)

BunnyJ, Jul 23, 2015
  3. Dont expect your win 10 on July 29

According to several sources your win 10 may be days, weeks or months later than July 29 (even if you are an insider)

While at least some Insider participants -- perhaps all -- will get the final build on Wednesday, July 29, others eligible for the free upgrade will have to wait as Microsoft slowly expands distribution. Myerson did not elaborate on the timetable,
    so it could be days, weeks or even months before the push ends.

Such release "throttling" is not uncommon: Both Google and Mozilla do the same with new versions of their Chrome and Firefox browsers. Although Myerson touted the practice as good for customers -- "Each day of the roll-out, we will listen, learn and update
    the experience for all Windows 10 users," he said -- the tactic also reduces the chance that Microsoft's distribution servers will be overloaded and become unresponsive.

Microsoft is also using a new approach to deliver Windows 10 to those running Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1) or Windows 8.1 Update (the mandatory update issued in April 2014): People who have "reserved" an upgrade through the

on-screen nag-and-notification campaign
    will be told that their devices are ready to update only after Microsoft has silently pushed the bits to their machines.

Microsoft confirms 'waves' roll-out of Windows 10

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Jul 23, 2015
  4. Windows 10: What to expect on July 29

What time on 29 July will W10 be available to the UK?

No estimated time of availability, could be anytime throughout the day.

Andre Da Costa, Jul 23, 2015
  5. CountMike New Member
    Or for the others:
    ""The interesting thing is Microsoft says "Once Windows 10 is available, we’ll begin notifying devices that their free upgrade is available. Just open the Get Windows 10 app to schedule your upgrade. Note: Some notifications will go out as soon as Windows 10 is available; others may go out in the weeks or months following".""

CountMike, Jul 24, 2015
  6. Wynona Win User
    Guess I gotta get my Windows 8.1 partitions ready for upgrade! I will probably have to call Microsoft on Lappy 17 because I'm using my remaining Retail Pro key on it (which was on the laptop that cratered).

Wynona, Jul 24, 2015
  7. rfruth Win User
    Waiting with Bated Breath *Wink

rfruth, Jul 24, 2015
  8. groze Win User

CountMike

I really can't seeing it taking months though. There is suppose to be a major update later this year. I can't see people wanting months to upgrade. The free offer to upgrade only last 12 months. To be true to the offer they technically in the U.S. have to start rolling it out to the consumer on the 29th or extended the free offer expiration date if it is delayed.

That link was removed by Microsoft that you posted. Here is another link.

groze, Jul 24, 2015
  9. What to expect on July 29th. Well in our neck of the woods temps near 90F high humidity and pop up thunderstorms.........could cause power outages. Not good in a possible upgrade situation. Insiders won't need to upgrade we already have the finished version. There maybe a patch that comes out and advances the 240 number to final whatever and the other thing I suspect insiders will get is access to retail ISO for clean installs.
    Other than that life goes on and it will soon be August the hazy lazy dog days of summer..............

Indianatone, Jul 24, 2015
  10. BunnyJ New Member
    I think on the 29th that we will get a bunch of patch and bug fixes for build 10240.
    Jeff

BunnyJ, Jul 24, 2015
  11. Jeff if not even on the previous Tuesday so its good to go first thing on the 29th Worldwide.

Indianatone, Jul 24, 2015
  12. Wynona Win User
    The only link in Count Mike's post doesn't seem to have carried forward into your quote of his post; however, I went to Mike's post and the link took me straight to where Mike was pointing: Windows 10 Q & A Windows 10 FAQ Tips - Microsoft

Just as an FYI, Microsoft does not come into TenForums and remove links from our posts, no matter whether they're right or wrong. I don't believe I've ever clicked on a link to Microsoft that has been unavailable to me unless it was mis-stated.

Oh, and the link you posted? The paragraph Mike quoted is in there verbatim, right near the bottom:

"The interesting thing is Microsoft says "Once Windows 10 is available, we’ll begin notifying devices that their free upgrade is available. Just open the Get Windows 10 app to schedule your upgrade. Note: Some notifications will go out as soon as Windows 10 is available; others may go out in the weeks or months following"."

The link within that paragraph takes you to exactly the same place Mike pointed to. Check it out . . . What you need to know before installing Windows 10 (including you might be waiting MONTHS for the upgrade!)

Wynona, Jul 24, 2015
  13. CountMike New Member

Yeah that last link is what alerted me to check further all the way to MS. It's been quoted on many places since. I can't see it taking months either but some time will have to pass. Boom and on 29th everybody has Win 10 is hardly plausible, they'd have to hire Santa to achieve that.
    I haven't been able to detect any large chunks of download to my 8.1 to indicate MS already starting to prepare for upgrade and it should be at least 500 MB a day to get everything in by due date. So that theory may be false.

CountMike, Jul 24, 2015
  14. Wynona Win User
    I upgraded Windows 8.1 Core to 8.1 Pro the other day and haven't opened it since. So I guess it's time to click on the little winder. *Smile I will hate going backward in time, but guess I will have to for the next few days if I want to get Windows 10 on it too.

Wynona, Jul 24, 2015
  15. I too think you might be right on this one Jeff. Especially since the operating system is brand new to the "market".

Matt Siegel, Jul 24, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10: What to expect on July 29 - Similar Threads - expect July

2. Unable to use USB for file transfer or usb thethering expect for charging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to use USB for file transfer or usb thethering expect for charging: recently i m facing an unusual issue with my MI11x phone .Whenever i connect my phone to a pc via usb cable it directly starts charging without as for the 4-5 options to use for file transfer or charging or others.I have tried connecting with different cables and even on...
  3. Unable to use USB for file transfer or usb thethering expect for charging

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to use USB for file transfer or usb thethering expect for charging: recently i m facing an unusual issue with my MI11x phone .Whenever i connect my phone to a pc via usb cable it directly starts charging without as for the 4-5 options to use for file transfer or charging or others.I have tried connecting with different cables and even on...
  4. When my pc is plugged into ethernet it gets the expected upload speed but only 0.02 mbps...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When my pc is plugged into ethernet it gets the expected upload speed but only 0.02 mbps...: Pc SpecsMotherboard: Asus b550 gaming AGPU: Nivida rtx 3060tiCpu: AMD Ryzen 7 5700XRam: 32Gb 3400 speedI have been trying to fix this for a while now and all of the solutions I found either don't help or make it worse, first off I have restarted pc, router, and have tested...
  5. When my pc is plugged into ethernet it gets the expected upload speed but only 0.02 mbps...

When my pc is plugged into ethernet it gets the expected upload speed but only 0.02 mbps...: Pc SpecsMotherboard: Asus b550 gaming AGPU: Nivida rtx 3060tiCpu: AMD Ryzen 7 5700XRam: 32Gb 3400 speedI have been trying to fix this for a while now and all of the solutions I found either don't help or make it worse, first off I have restarted pc, router, and have tested...
  6. When my pc is plugged into ethernet it gets the expected upload speed but only 0.02 mbps...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Is failed login and access denied with SMB an expected behaviour?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is failed login and access denied with SMB an expected behaviour?: We are using an IDS solution which frequently triggers multiple access denied and unsuccessful login alerts over the port 445. We took a network capture and identified the multiple failed login and access denied instances were present in the logs.However, there were no failed...
  8. Is failed login and access denied with SMB an expected behaviour?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is failed login and access denied with SMB an expected behaviour?: We are using an IDS solution which frequently triggers multiple access denied and unsuccessful login alerts over the port 445. We took a network capture and identified the multiple failed login and access denied instances were present in the logs.However, there were no failed...
  9. Is failed login and access denied with SMB an expected behaviour?

10. LSA package is not signed as expected. This can cause unexpected behaviour with Credential...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LSA package is not signed as expected. This can cause unexpected behaviour with Credential...: My computer event viewer started displaying: "Credential Guard is configured to run, but is not licensed. Credential Guard was not started." and "LSA package is not signed as expected. This can cause unexpected behaviour with Credential Guard." It has shown this warning...