Windows 10: Windows 10: What to expect on July 29

Discus and support Windows 10: What to expect on July 29 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; What to expect on July 29th. Well in our neck of the woods temps near 90F high humidity and pop up thunderstorms.........could cause power outages. Not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jul 23, 2015.

1. Wynona Win User

Windows 10: What to expect on July 29

That sux, Indiana! Forecast for us is 99° with a heat index of 105° or so, but no T-storms, thank goodness! By the 29th, we may have triple digits! Not the hottest on record, but hotter than last year!

I got two "security" updates today, but I'm still on 10240. I'm not sure it'll stay at 10240, but will reserve judgment until after July 29. *Smile

I don't expect ISOs at the same time we get the Windows 10 upgrade . . . Microsoft just doesn't have enough servers to allow all us Insiders to get Windows 10 Final and the ISO both. I do think we'll get access to ISOs in advance of others, though. Since MS is already giving everyone the free upgrade, I'd say early access is our "reward" for testing Windows 10.

Wynona, Jul 24, 2015
  2. Rocky Win User

Monsoon season here in New Mexico. Hot with some afternoon thunderstorms. This year has been nice and wet, and the forecast for Wednesday is for dancing girls and balloons. Maybe some cake and Coke to, to appease the masses.

Rocky, Jul 24, 2015
  3. CountMike New Member
    38 - 40 c (over 100f) last few days, I'm hardly coping with it and my poor processor with all those coolers is hitting close to max. I should start saving for air conditioner for next year. Once upon a time I could handle high temps very good, used to walk on the beach in black suit and freak everybody out but now it's getting difficult. Either getting too old or those 25 years in Canada are taking toll, now I can handle cold better than hot.

CountMike, Jul 24, 2015
  4. groze Win User

@Wynona @CountMike

*Doh I know Microsoft doesn't remove links. I just tested out the links, all work now. The link didn't work earlier. The faq was down for a little while. Microsoft probably is doing some maintenance.

groze, Jul 24, 2015
  5. So once Windows 10 gets released, I want to format my HDD and do a fresh, clean install of Windows 10, and then install all the programs I use.

I have a lenovo Y510P with Windows 8.1 x64.

How can I do that since I have no DVD neither a partition with Windows 10 files, like my original partition of Windows 8.1 from lenovo?

Right now I can format my "C:/" partition, but I'd have still a partition with my Windows 8.1, that came of course with the laptop.

rambomhtri, Jul 24, 2015
  6. CountMike New Member
    Judging by the way it is with insider edition, once all the files for W10 are downloaded, you will have install.esd file out of which you can make an ISO for new W10 installation.

CountMike, Jul 24, 2015
  7. Fafhrd Win User
    Grief, desperation and dashed expectations is what I expect on 29th July. *cry

Fafhrd, Jul 24, 2015
  8. BunnyJ New Member

Ah.. why??

BunnyJ, Jul 24, 2015
  9. MS has said that once you have the upgrade they will provide an ISO to clean install, no need to make your own.

fracking4oil, Jul 24, 2015
  10. Fafhrd Win User
    Simply because it won't be like Christmas - people will end up wishing they hadn't signed up if the download takes a long time; if their system gets screwed; if they hadn't made good backups; if they don't have enough space; if the installation just doesn't finish, and a million and one other things that won't work out of the box as expected.

Fafhrd, Jul 24, 2015
  11. BunnyJ New Member
    I see what you mean now. Well,, there will be a lot of that around here on the 29th I suspect. Busy times. :fear:

BunnyJ, Jul 24, 2015
  12. echrada Win User
    Will Windows 10 appear on MSDN on 29 July?

echrada, Jul 24, 2015
  13. BunnyJ New Member

I don't know but the upgrade will start on that date.

BunnyJ, Jul 24, 2015
  14. CountMike New Member
    Hope they give some warning of a type: "We are ready to download files for upgrade, Y/N/Later ?" so it doesn't catch people unaware and can plan download and installation at their leisure like overnight etc.

CountMike, Jul 24, 2015
  15. Brink
    Brink New Member
    [youtube]Mnc48BVZqrs[/youtube]

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/6...s-7-8-1-a.html

Brink, Jul 24, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10: What to expect on July 29 - Similar Threads - expect July

2. Unable to use USB for file transfer or usb thethering expect for charging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to use USB for file transfer or usb thethering expect for charging: recently i m facing an unusual issue with my MI11x phone .Whenever i connect my phone to a pc via usb cable it directly starts charging without as for the 4-5 options to use for file transfer or charging or others.I have tried connecting with different cables and even on...
  3. Unable to use USB for file transfer or usb thethering expect for charging

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to use USB for file transfer or usb thethering expect for charging: recently i m facing an unusual issue with my MI11x phone .Whenever i connect my phone to a pc via usb cable it directly starts charging without as for the 4-5 options to use for file transfer or charging or others.I have tried connecting with different cables and even on...
  4. When my pc is plugged into ethernet it gets the expected upload speed but only 0.02 mbps...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When my pc is plugged into ethernet it gets the expected upload speed but only 0.02 mbps...: Pc SpecsMotherboard: Asus b550 gaming AGPU: Nivida rtx 3060tiCpu: AMD Ryzen 7 5700XRam: 32Gb 3400 speedI have been trying to fix this for a while now and all of the solutions I found either don't help or make it worse, first off I have restarted pc, router, and have tested...
  5. When my pc is plugged into ethernet it gets the expected upload speed but only 0.02 mbps...

When my pc is plugged into ethernet it gets the expected upload speed but only 0.02 mbps...: Pc SpecsMotherboard: Asus b550 gaming AGPU: Nivida rtx 3060tiCpu: AMD Ryzen 7 5700XRam: 32Gb 3400 speedI have been trying to fix this for a while now and all of the solutions I found either don't help or make it worse, first off I have restarted pc, router, and have tested...
  6. When my pc is plugged into ethernet it gets the expected upload speed but only 0.02 mbps...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Is failed login and access denied with SMB an expected behaviour?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is failed login and access denied with SMB an expected behaviour?: We are using an IDS solution which frequently triggers multiple access denied and unsuccessful login alerts over the port 445. We took a network capture and identified the multiple failed login and access denied instances were present in the logs.However, there were no failed...
  8. Is failed login and access denied with SMB an expected behaviour?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is failed login and access denied with SMB an expected behaviour?: We are using an IDS solution which frequently triggers multiple access denied and unsuccessful login alerts over the port 445. We took a network capture and identified the multiple failed login and access denied instances were present in the logs.However, there were no failed...
  9. Is failed login and access denied with SMB an expected behaviour?

10. LSA package is not signed as expected. This can cause unexpected behaviour with Credential...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LSA package is not signed as expected. This can cause unexpected behaviour with Credential...: My computer event viewer started displaying: "Credential Guard is configured to run, but is not licensed. Credential Guard was not started." and "LSA package is not signed as expected. This can cause unexpected behaviour with Credential Guard." It has shown this warning...