Windows 10: Windows 10: What to expect on July 29

Discus and support Windows 10: What to expect on July 29 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; I live in New Mexico, what time are they going to be starting all of this stuff on the 29th? Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jul 23, 2015.

1. Rocky Win User

Windows 10: What to expect on July 29

I live in New Mexico, what time are they going to be starting all of this stuff on the 29th?

Rocky, Jul 24, 2015
  2. Fafhrd Win User

One group of people who may be disappointed are those with the MCE - Media Center Edition - I am not 100% sure, but I don't think they will be able to upgrade, only to perform a fresh install. Can anyone confirm this?

Fafhrd, Jul 24, 2015
  3. They can upgrade, they'll just lose MC in the process; this has been discussed many times in the past (too lazy to find a link).

P.S. please, stop hijacking threads!

fracking4oil, Jul 24, 2015
  4. Wynona Win User

I have volunteered to be "on call" to help the local computer shop when Windows 10 hits. If he calls, I'll go man the phones, and help to talk folks through the upgrade.

Wynona, Jul 24, 2015
  5. Wynona Win User
    First, Windows 8.1 will be upgraded to Windows 10.

I'm not sure Microsoft has told us how the ISO will be distributed, but if you have no DVD, not to worry. You can use a flash drive for the ISO. Check here for instructions: USB Flash Drive - Create to Install Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Wynona, Jul 24, 2015
  6. Fafhrd Win User
    Fafhrd, Jul 25, 2015
  7. Wynona Win User
    FWIW, nothing will work "out of the box" if one doesn't read the instructions beforehand. Microsoft is making every effort to assure that everyone will know what to do when the time comes. I'd say "User Error" will be the most prevalent bug out there.

Wynona, Jul 25, 2015
  8. Wynona Win User

Mike, the download/installation won't start until you agree that it should.

Wynona, Jul 25, 2015
  9. Wynona Win User
    Who knows, but I'm betting on Pacific Time, when they start.

Wynona, Jul 25, 2015
  10. Wynona Win User
    They will be able to upgrade; Media Center will be removed. As will a couple or three other things I can't remember.

Wynona, Jul 25, 2015
  11. Fafhrd Win User
    You are dead right, Winona, but there will be many naive users who think that the little box in the notification area will be safe to use, since Microsoft says "this PC is compatible", and the upgrade will just be a click or so away.

Fafhrd, Jul 25, 2015
  12. sgage Win User
    I was under the impression that if you 'reserved', the download would happen automatically, and that you'd be notified when it was all downloaded and ready for installation, at which point you can do tha actual installation at your convenience.

sgage, Jul 25, 2015
  13. Wynona Win User

I don't think so. . . I think you have to give that final OK before your system is actually changed. Once Windows 10 is installed, though, Windows 10 Home will be automatically updated while Windows 10 Pro will let you say "when".

However, if you've already upgraded Windows 7/8.1 to the Preview, the final will probably be downloaded and installed automatically.

Wynona, Jul 25, 2015
  14. sgage Win User
    That's what I just said - it will not install until you have given it the go ahead. The plan as it was described at the beginning of the reservation program was that the bits would silently download in the background. When they were all in, the system would then notify you and let you install right away, or at a time of your choosing. It will not install without your say-so.

It doesn't ask you if you want to download, because you signed up to have it download ASAP. That's kind of the point of the reservation system.

sgage, Jul 25, 2015
  15. CountMike New Member
    I hope I would have final say when to download files needed to upgrade my 8.1 because I want to hang on it for a while. First, I don't know if by upgrading 8.1 I would loose insider position and I mean to keep it on dual boot as long as insider program is active. Upgrading, I don't think MS would dare to push it without owner's permission. That would be just too much.

CountMike, Jul 25, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10: What to expect on July 29 - Similar Threads - expect July

2. Unable to use USB for file transfer or usb thethering expect for charging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to use USB for file transfer or usb thethering expect for charging: recently i m facing an unusual issue with my MI11x phone .Whenever i connect my phone to a pc via usb cable it directly starts charging without as for the 4-5 options to use for file transfer or charging or others.I have tried connecting with different cables and even on...
  3. Unable to use USB for file transfer or usb thethering expect for charging

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to use USB for file transfer or usb thethering expect for charging: recently i m facing an unusual issue with my MI11x phone .Whenever i connect my phone to a pc via usb cable it directly starts charging without as for the 4-5 options to use for file transfer or charging or others.I have tried connecting with different cables and even on...
  4. When my pc is plugged into ethernet it gets the expected upload speed but only 0.02 mbps...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When my pc is plugged into ethernet it gets the expected upload speed but only 0.02 mbps...: Pc SpecsMotherboard: Asus b550 gaming AGPU: Nivida rtx 3060tiCpu: AMD Ryzen 7 5700XRam: 32Gb 3400 speedI have been trying to fix this for a while now and all of the solutions I found either don't help or make it worse, first off I have restarted pc, router, and have tested...
  5. When my pc is plugged into ethernet it gets the expected upload speed but only 0.02 mbps...

When my pc is plugged into ethernet it gets the expected upload speed but only 0.02 mbps...: Pc SpecsMotherboard: Asus b550 gaming AGPU: Nivida rtx 3060tiCpu: AMD Ryzen 7 5700XRam: 32Gb 3400 speedI have been trying to fix this for a while now and all of the solutions I found either don't help or make it worse, first off I have restarted pc, router, and have tested...
  6. When my pc is plugged into ethernet it gets the expected upload speed but only 0.02 mbps...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Is failed login and access denied with SMB an expected behaviour?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is failed login and access denied with SMB an expected behaviour?: We are using an IDS solution which frequently triggers multiple access denied and unsuccessful login alerts over the port 445. We took a network capture and identified the multiple failed login and access denied instances were present in the logs.However, there were no failed...
  8. Is failed login and access denied with SMB an expected behaviour?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is failed login and access denied with SMB an expected behaviour?: We are using an IDS solution which frequently triggers multiple access denied and unsuccessful login alerts over the port 445. We took a network capture and identified the multiple failed login and access denied instances were present in the logs.However, there were no failed...
  9. Is failed login and access denied with SMB an expected behaviour?

10. LSA package is not signed as expected. This can cause unexpected behaviour with Credential...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LSA package is not signed as expected. This can cause unexpected behaviour with Credential...: My computer event viewer started displaying: "Credential Guard is configured to run, but is not licensed. Credential Guard was not started." and "LSA package is not signed as expected. This can cause unexpected behaviour with Credential Guard." It has shown this warning...