Windows 10: Windows 10: What to expect on July 29

Discus and support Windows 10: What to expect on July 29 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; If I'm reading correctly, "it does a clean install" means Microsoft? If I am, Microsoft will not do clean installs on our computers. We will be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jul 23, 2015.

1. groze Win User

Windows 10: What to expect on July 29

Wynona,

*Confused I thought you will be able to create an usb or dvd disk for clean install of windows 10 after you upgrade for the 1st time according to the faq?

groze, Jul 25, 2015
  2. Wynona Win User

Yes, you can create installation media for a clean install, but as I said, I don't know how or when Microsoft will release an ISO to us. *Sad

My statement was in reference to Frank's statement: "Mistakes do happen and what if for some reason it does a clean install and backups haven't been made." which indicates to me that he "thinks/thought" Microsoft might do a clean install on his machine and muck up the works.

Wynona, Jul 25, 2015
  3. Frank1 Win User
    Yes, even though on the automatic update MS's intention is to simply install and save everything, even though it's not supposed to it may do a clean install which will wipe out everything. That would really "muck" things up real good.*Tongue*Smile

Frank1, Jul 25, 2015
  4. Windows 10: What to expect on July 29

Of course if you have limited slow internet or you are capped in some way you need to turn that OFF and set the other setting buried somewhere else in OFFLINE MAPS (stupid place should be with updates) Metered connections to ON.

Screenshot:

Windows 10: What to expect on July 29 [​IMG]

It does state that it does not affect auto updates but it will prevent automatic huge downloads without you saying so.

Indianatone, Jul 25, 2015
  5. Wynona Win User
    I'm pretty sure you're safe, Frank, but if you're worried, why not create an image of your installation "just in case". The main thing I'd make a backup is my data and then take an image of your current installation.

Wynona, Jul 25, 2015
  6. Edwin New Member
    What may happen on the 29th and following is a flood of concise and exhaustive official 'HowTo' guides for Windows 10 from MS themselves and, we beta testers, who have been bustin our buns for the last six months helping MS get this 'show on the road', with virtually no help from them I might add, are gonna look like a bunch of 'you know whats' because we may have gotten one or two details incorrect! *Wink

Edwin, Jul 25, 2015
  7. Fafhrd Win User
    I wouldn't put myself down. There is probably more real experience here than in dozens of technical support centers that will be dealing with Windows 10 in a few days time. They are going to be having the roughest time - for us no pressure. *Wink

Fafhrd, Jul 25, 2015
  8. Edwin New Member

I'm good with that! *Smile

Edwin, Jul 25, 2015
  9. Wynona Win User
    Yep and I foresee a whole bunch of Windows 10 newbies bouncing into TenForums.com asking for our help.

Wynona, Jul 25, 2015
  10. BunnyJ New Member
    Oh.,. NO!! Yes.. lots of questions.. complaints and I bet some down right hate of both MS and Windows 20.

*Shock

BunnyJ, Jul 25, 2015
  11. groze Win User
    For now, that only works if you only use wi-fi connection to connect to the internet. If you have Ethernet cable connected it will still download all updates.

12. CountMike New Member
    I don't have problem with that but don't want to wake one day up, boot to 8.1 and end up with 10 instead and my insider account turned off. Turned net inside out and upside down but question if I will loose insider rating when I upgrade 8.1 to 10.

CountMike, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10: What to expect on July 29 - Similar Threads - expect July

2. When my pc is plugged into ethernet it gets the expected upload speed but only 0.02 mbps...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When my pc is plugged into ethernet it gets the expected upload speed but only 0.02 mbps...: Pc SpecsMotherboard: Asus b550 gaming AGPU: Nivida rtx 3060tiCpu: AMD Ryzen 7 5700XRam: 32Gb 3400 speedI have been trying to fix this for a while now and all of the solutions I found either don't help or make it worse, first off I have restarted pc, router, and have tested...
  3. When my pc is plugged into ethernet it gets the expected upload speed but only 0.02 mbps...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When my pc is plugged into ethernet it gets the expected upload speed but only 0.02 mbps...: Pc SpecsMotherboard: Asus b550 gaming AGPU: Nivida rtx 3060tiCpu: AMD Ryzen 7 5700XRam: 32Gb 3400 speedI have been trying to fix this for a while now and all of the solutions I found either don't help or make it worse, first off I have restarted pc, router, and have tested...
  4. When my pc is plugged into ethernet it gets the expected upload speed but only 0.02 mbps...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Is failed login and access denied with SMB an expected behaviour?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is failed login and access denied with SMB an expected behaviour?: We are using an IDS solution which frequently triggers multiple access denied and unsuccessful login alerts over the port 445. We took a network capture and identified the multiple failed login and access denied instances were present in the logs.However, there were no failed...
  6. Is failed login and access denied with SMB an expected behaviour?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is failed login and access denied with SMB an expected behaviour?: We are using an IDS solution which frequently triggers multiple access denied and unsuccessful login alerts over the port 445. We took a network capture and identified the multiple failed login and access denied instances were present in the logs.However, there were no failed...
  7. Is failed login and access denied with SMB an expected behaviour?

8. LSA package is not signed as expected. This can cause unexpected behaviour with Credential...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LSA package is not signed as expected. This can cause unexpected behaviour with Credential...: My computer event viewer started displaying: "Credential Guard is configured to run, but is not licensed. Credential Guard was not started." and "LSA package is not signed as expected. This can cause unexpected behaviour with Credential Guard." It has shown this warning...
  9. LSA package is not signed as expected. This can cause unexpected behaviour with Credential...

LSA package is not signed as expected. This can cause unexpected behaviour with Credential...: My computer event viewer started displaying: "Credential Guard is configured to run, but is not licensed. Credential Guard was not started." and "LSA package is not signed as expected. This can cause unexpected behaviour with Credential Guard." It has shown this warning...
  10. snipping tool not working as previously and expected

snipping tool not working as previously and expected: When snipping tool is invoked - 'New', one cannot draws round what you want to capture! What happens instead is that you get a screen capture and you have to use the crop function to highlight what you want. Has there been an update to this ? If so, let's go back to what is...