Windows 10: Windows 10: What you love about 7 and love about 8

Discus and support Windows 10: What you love about 7 and love about 8 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; That's my current thinking so far with Windows 10. I find Microsoft did right by focusing first and foremost on the enterprise as that is the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Coke Robot, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Windows 10: What you love about 7 and love about 8

That's my current thinking so far with Windows 10.

I find Microsoft did right by focusing first and foremost on the enterprise as that is the largest and most important demographic to address with every release. Windows 8 didn't really focus so much on the enterprise as it came out three years after 7 and during deployments of 7 in the enterprise. It was more of a stop-gap release for the consumer crowd where it was lagging.

10 however, will be released six years after 7, a few years after deployments have long been finished, and is at the point where some companies may actually consider deploying 10 if they see the feature set and UI are worthwhile. Personally, what 10 has to offer so far just for the enterprise sounds quite impressive. There's much more realistic thinking and planning in making 10 an OS where the vast user base is on right now will be perfectly comfortable to use. I liked the comparison how 7 is like the first gen Toyota Prius whereas 10 is like a Tesla Model S; you don't need to relearn how to drive but get to experience what modern technology has to offer. (Windows 8 was like the first gen DeLorean, 8.1 was like the DeLorean second gen; both very cool looking but the latter way better and too ahead of its time.)

From my time with 8 and 8.1, I've seen less Desktop use and more modern UI use and app usage based on what UI they're delegated to. I think with 10, I'll probably change that up to more Desktop use as the balance is just right between old and new. And the Desktop UI isn't a hideous clash of Aero and metro anymore! So glad about that!

Even better, WinRT development might actually increase as FINALLY, there is no Windows Phone, there is no Xbox OS, there is no Windows PC, there is no Windows Embedded; it's ALL Windows on all devices and form factors that tailors itself for each device and each form factor. There are no more divisions and segregations of Stores where developers had to make apps and games for each and every separate OS. It's all been unified and being unified much further. That's going to be awesome. WinRT has such potential and might actually see the fulfillment of that promise. Each and every device will have it's key feature be prominently displayed; where Windows Phones and tablets will be purely touch first and centric, Windows PCs will have their Desktops front and center, Xboxes will have their Dashboards out and ready. It's mostly how it is now, but now development is the underlying characteristic that makes this all happen. I can see Visual Studio being updated so instead of having the option to develop the app as a Universal one, that will be default.

I'm stoked. It's been too long where I ran a build of Windows and had nothing to say but, "Whoa."

*Cool

:)

Coke Robot, Sep 30, 2014

2. I love your posts, and wanted to ask you about your experience with recovery options, if you have time?

Frederick,

It looks like you have a lot of experience with Windows Maintenance and general PC Hardware/Software. I have been a systems analyst for the past 20 years, and I do know how to do basic maintenance, but I just invested in a great PC and I don't want these
    new updates to hose it. It almost happened today and I think there are a few things I need to do as far as backing up and creating a re-create strategy knowing that I am dangerous enough to do something severe enough to have to bring it in to geek squad or
    HP and loose stuff- I want to start this off right..lol) and I wanted to get your advice.

1- I was going to create a system image catalog and Burn them on discs, I am speaking to a full sys image. I was thinking about creating a partition, but that won't help if I hose the PC - which I speak about below.

2- I don't know a lot about restore points, I tried to create a restore point file today, it said it was successful, but I could not find it anywhere on my C drive. Do I need to also create restore point files on another drive, or maybe I could do it in
    the cloud space that MS supplies us with? I assume the restore points are only for files I create. (Honestly I am more concerned about blowing up my PC then having to restore it. )

3- So adding to item 1 above, I think I need to create a reboot-disc in the event I need to do a hard start???- does this sound right to you).

4- Partitioning - the Partition I mention above, would you use something like this to create a separation between business and personal software/data?

I've been so spoiled with an IT support staff who was really talented and am starting some new adventures in life, so I really want to make sure I do this the right way.

Please take all the time you need, I am trying to read up on this, I have 1T (Still cannot believe this, my first one only had 4Gs...lol) of space on this sucker, so room is not an issue. I do think I might need a back-up
    drive to really do this right. Thoughts???

THANK YOU!!

Noelle

Noelle Cardello, Sep 30, 2014
  3. sillysoft Win User
    Windows "snapping" needs to be better

you wish!!!

well according the microsoft exec.. windows 10 is the best

and you going to love it....!!!

and he was right

the part I love about windows 10

is how fast I roll back to Windows 7

sillysoft, Sep 30, 2014
Thema:

Windows 10: What you love about 7 and love about 8

1. Windows 10: What you love about 7 and love about 8 - Similar Threads - love love

2. How do you report a suspected "False Positive"? I have a love for hardware and I feel you...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you report a suspected "False Positive"? I have a love for hardware and I feel you...: No chance to argue but then again I am on a WiFi and I will assume I need to redownload some other milu....Divx is from the hardware engineers, and they really help.... they mkw Apple and IBM alike work better every web page every movie... their glue that really does the...
  3. How do you report a suspected "False Positive"? I have a love for hardware and I feel you...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you report a suspected "False Positive"? I have a love for hardware and I feel you...: No chance to argue but then again I am on a WiFi and I will assume I need to redownload some other milu....Divx is from the hardware engineers, and they really help.... they mkw Apple and IBM alike work better every web page every movie... their glue that really does the...
  4. I hate windows 10, love XP, 96, and 2000s. how do i move backwards, while retaining my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I hate windows 10, love XP, 96, and 2000s. how do i move backwards, while retaining my...: I have a knack for the old. as someone from the 2000s I was born between eras. I got to experience vista, and got to grow up with tech at the same rate- I want to go back, but i love playing video games, using Photoshop, programming, surfing the web- how do i go back.I grew...
  5. I hate windows 10, love XP, 96, and 2000s. how do i move backwards, while retaining my...

I hate windows 10, love XP, 96, and 2000s. how do i move backwards, while retaining my...: I have a knack for the old. as someone from the 2000s I was born between eras. I got to experience vista, and got to grow up with tech at the same rate- I want to go back, but i love playing video games, using Photoshop, programming, surfing the web- how do i go back.I grew...
  6. CAN YOU PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD BAN MCAFEE FROM **ALL** COMPUTERS???

CAN YOU PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD BAN MCAFEE FROM **ALL** COMPUTERS???: Hi,Just recently, my other PC been getting SPAMMED notifications from McAfee during my recent livestream and pardon me for the language I'm using here. But it's getting to the point where I'm severely getting pissed off at these ****. Is there any possible way you guys can...
  7. CAN YOU PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD BAN MCAFEE FROM **ALL** COMPUTERS???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CAN YOU PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD BAN MCAFEE FROM **ALL** COMPUTERS???: Hi,Just recently, my other PC been getting SPAMMED notifications from McAfee during my recent livestream and pardon me for the language I'm using here. But it's getting to the point where I'm severely getting pissed off at these ****. Is there any possible way you guys can...
  8. Please for the love of god bring back Rise of Nations: Rise of Legends

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please for the love of god bring back Rise of Nations: Rise of Legends: It's one of the best older rts ever made and it's impossible to buy. Either you buy a used copy or somehow figure out how to illegally download it online.You don't even need to remaster it. Just port it to steam and gog so people can actually play the game....
  9. Please for the love of god bring back Rise of Nations: Rise of Legends

Please for the love of god bring back Rise of Nations: Rise of Legends: It's one of the best older rts ever made and it's impossible to buy. Either you buy a used copy or somehow figure out how to illegally download it online.You don't even need to remaster it. Just port it to steam and gog so people can actually play the game....
  10. Love Windows 7...

Love Windows 7...: In the past, Windows 7 is a good version of Windows, as it is the fixed version of Windows Vista and many of people here used Windows 7 a lot. Windows 7 is a legend version of Windows.Shame that Microsoft ended servicing Windows 7For now, I'd like to take a look at it, make...