Windows 10: WIndows 10 & Whatsapp Web problem: MS Office files being turned into Zip files when...

Discus and support WIndows 10 & Whatsapp Web problem: MS Office files being turned into Zip files when... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi. Whenever I attach an Office Doc (Word, PowerPoint or Excel) to Whatsapp Web, the file is automatically converted into a Zip file. People I send... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KashDeol, Jan 3, 2019.

1. KashDeol Win User

WIndows 10 & Whatsapp Web problem: MS Office files being turned into Zip files when...

Hi.

Whenever I attach an Office Doc (Word, PowerPoint or Excel) to Whatsapp Web, the file is automatically converted into a Zip file.

People I send messages to are unable to open the file (esp on their phones).

I want the files to remain as doc, xls or ppt files.

How do I solve this issue?

:)

KashDeol, Jan 3, 2019
  2. Arul_D Win User

.zip can't be set to File Explorer

Hello Kathleen,

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Default programs
      in the search bar and press enter

• Click on choose default programs by file type

• Select .zip
      and select File Explorer
    Also you can visit the below link Zip and unzip files.
    (Steps applies to Windows 10).

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows-8/zip-unzip-files

Hope this helps. Post us with status we will be glad to help you.

Arul_D, Jan 3, 2019
  3. GSquadron Win User
    Folders with zip files

I have like 30 or more folders and everyone of them has only one single zip file.
    How can I extract all zip files inside of all folders?

GSquadron, Jan 3, 2019
  4. tater1955 Win User

WIndows 10 & Whatsapp Web problem: MS Office files being turned into Zip files when...

I need to convert Quattro pro files to windows Office 2007

The link says for Office 2000 and 2003. Will this work for 2007?

tater1955, Jan 3, 2019
Thema:

1. WIndows 10 & Whatsapp Web problem: MS Office files being turned into Zip files when... - Similar Threads - Whatsapp Web problem

2. Windows 10 Zip File Problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Zip File Problems: Not sure what happened, but my .zip files on 10 started acting up. Some of them weren't opening at all, so I tried installing another zip program. It messed with my computer's default settings somehow, and since then if I right clicked on a zip file there would be no extract...
  3. Windows 10 Zip File Problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Zip File Problems: Not sure what happened, but my .zip files on 10 started acting up. Some of them weren't opening at all, so I tried installing another zip program. It messed with my computer's default settings somehow, and since then if I right clicked on a zip file there would be no extract...
  4. Windows 10 Zip File Problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows 10 Zip File Problems

6. Windows 10 Zip File Problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Windows 10 Zip File Problems

8. How to turn off zip file being displayed as subfolders, in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off zip file being displayed as subfolders, in File Explorer: There used to be some registry keys that could be deleted to turn this "feature" off.As of the most current version of Win10 21H2 19044.1415, these keys can no longer be deleted, nor can permissions be changed. So does anyone know how to get rid if these keys, or some other...
  9. How to turn off zip file being displayed as subfolders, in File Explorer

How to turn off zip file being displayed as subfolders, in File Explorer: There used to be some registry keys that could be deleted to turn this "feature" off.As of the most current version of Win10 21H2 19044.1415, these keys can no longer be deleted, nor can permissions be changed. So does anyone know how to get rid if these keys, or some other...
  10. Problem with WhatsApp Web and WhatsApp Desktop

Problem with WhatsApp Web and WhatsApp Desktop: Hello. Last night 05-14-2020 an update from microsoft was automatically installed on my laptop. Since then, WhatsApp Web is no longer opening. Even the WhatsApp web page is not opening either. I tried using the WhatsApp Desktop App but it doesn´t show the QR Code. I´ve...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. desktop folder turned into zip files after update?

2. web whatsapp office to zip ?

3. my files are converted to zip on whatsapp for desktop

4. whatsapp desktop converted file into zip,
  5. web whatsapp attached office doc on microsoft edge problem 2018,
  6. whatsapp file automatically zipping office file