Windows 10: Windows 10 whea error code 18

Discus and support Windows 10 whea error code 18 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So today windows 10 2004 downloaded 3 updates KB4565503 and 2 others. And since then my pc rebooted 5 times leaving WHEA uncorrectable error 18 in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Sunlighthell, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Windows 10 whea error code 18

So today windows 10 2004 downloaded 3 updates KB4565503 and 2 others. And since then my pc rebooted 5 times leaving WHEA uncorrectable error 18 in event log suggesting that one of cpu cores are at fault. There's like 1-2 hours between reboots. Nothing demanding was running during these reboots only browser and spotify. I deleted 2 out of 3 updates, cannot delete third because it's security update and it won't let me. Also I discovered that after that for some reason system restore was turned off. I cannot provide any dumps because none are created upon reboot, also no BSOD (auto reboot turned off)

There's no overclock on my Ryzen 3700x

It worked perfectly fine 20 hours a day without any reboots this is why I highly suspect recent updates. Anyone expiriencing this?

submitted by /u/Sunlighthell
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Sunlighthell, Jul 15, 2020
  2. Kreij Win User

What does this error mean?

Code 124 is not necessarily overheating.
    The WHEA-Logger events in the log are what is being thrown.
    The MCI devices us the WHEA (Windows Hardware Error Architecture) for reporting stuff.

Kreij, Jul 15, 2020
  3. linhlz Win User
    Windows 10 will not activate Error code 0x803F7001

Possibly there can be the problem with Microsoft activation Server, so your Windows 10 is not activated. In this scenario, you need to wait and verify if it is the issue from Microsoft’s side. But if you are getting error code 0x803f7001, you can also try these steps:

1. Open Settings app. Then go to Update and security > Activation screen > Change product.
    2. Type your Windows edition product key and click Next.
    3. You’ll get We couldn’t activate Windows error message.
    4. Retry steps 1-3 then type your 25-characters unique product key.
    5. Wait for the process to complete, Windows 10 is activated.
    Hope something helps this problem

linhlz, Jul 15, 2020
  4. Severin Win User

Windows 10 whea error code 18

whea warning? cache hierarchy error

I just noticed a whea warning in my event log stating a hardware error was corrected and it was reported by a cpu core. the error type was a cache hierarchy error. i know OCing can cause some of these whea errors, and it seems most people just ignore them, but im just wondering if this one is anything to worry about. my processor is overclocked, but i can pass numerous stress tests and games for hours, without any issues or errors in the even log. i think the pc my have even been idle at the time this was reported , or i was gaming . But again usually there are no errors regardless of what the pc is doing.
    anyway, i was just wondering if anyone had some info on this error since googling it comes up with a bunch of different whea errors and no real explanation other than ocing can cause them.

Computer is:
    8700K stock, MTE on, 4700mhz auto clock
    Asus Z370 Pro Gaming
    16GB DDR 3000MHZ ( XMP ON)
    Gtx 1080 Ti Aorus
    Corsair 750 Rmi
    SSD Crucial 525GB
    HDD TOSHIBA 500GB
    Windows 10 clean install 1709 Creator Fall Update ( 16299.15 build october 2017 ,before meltdown/spectre patch )
    All settings in UEFI are stock,defaulted . Only XMP profile is on.

Windows 10 whea error code 18 [​IMG]

Severin, Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 whea error code 18

1. Windows 10 whea error code 18 - Similar Threads - whea error code

2. Rebuilt PC WHEA Error 18

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rebuilt PC WHEA Error 18: Hi, I've tried so much to get my PC to stop crashing but it still happens. I'm beginning to think it's a hardware issue but want to rule out everything else first.I've tried:Updating BIOSFresh Windows InstallationReseating ComponentsRunning MemtestChecking Cables for flush...
  3. Rebuilt PC WHEA Error 18

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rebuilt PC WHEA Error 18: Hi, I've tried so much to get my PC to stop crashing but it still happens. I'm beginning to think it's a hardware issue but want to rule out everything else first.I've tried:Updating BIOSFresh Windows InstallationReseating ComponentsRunning MemtestChecking Cables for flush...
  4. WHEA-Logger 18

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHEA-Logger 18: My computer randomly shutdown after 5-10 minutes of gaming. what's happens to my pc?the event details are listed below.Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-WHEA-Logger Date: 10/10/2023 2:57:34 AM Event ID: 18 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: User: LOCAL...
  5. WHEA-Logger 18

WHEA-Logger 18: My computer randomly shutdown after 5-10 minutes of gaming. what's happens to my pc?the event details are listed below.Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-WHEA-Logger Date: 10/10/2023 2:57:34 AM Event ID: 18 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: User: LOCAL...
  6. WHEA-Logger 18

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Whea Logger 18 error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whea Logger 18 error: My computer buzzes and restarts after 5-60 minutes of playing games. All hardware drivers have been updated before the crash. The event details are listed below. Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-WHEA-Logger Date: 8/1/2023 1:46:33 AM Event ID: 18 Task Category: None...
  8. Whea Logger 18 error

Whea Logger 18 error: My computer buzzes and restarts after 5-60 minutes of playing games. All hardware drivers have been updated before the crash. The event details are listed below. Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-WHEA-Logger Date: 8/1/2023 1:46:33 AM Event ID: 18 Task Category: None...
  9. Whea Logger 18 error

10. WHEA Error Code

WHEA Error Code: Greetings Support Community! I have been having BSOD issues over the past several months dealing with the WHEA_UNRECOVERABLE_ERROR stop code. Three files are highlighted when analyzing the dump file with BlueScreenView: hal.dll ntoskrnl.exe PSHED.dll I have attempted...