Windows 10: Windows 10: When I start my computer from sleep mode it always opens with File Explorer...

Discus and support Windows 10: When I start my computer from sleep mode it always opens with File Explorer... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows 10: When I start my computer from sleep mode it always opens with File Explorer and a little window that says "Insert disc into drive H". Is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Acexyz, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Acexyz Win User

Windows 10: When I start my computer from sleep mode it always opens with File Explorer...

Windows 10: When I start my computer from sleep mode it always opens with File Explorer and a little window that says "Insert disc into drive H". Is this a default setting?

:)

Acexyz, Jan 12, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 12, 2019
  3. File Explorer always open on start up from sleep mode

Since last Windows 10 update KB4051963, My file explorer always opens after coming out of sleep mode to my G: drive which is my backup
    external usb drive. Virus scan shows no viruses. Nothing unusual in task manager / startup. this only happens after sleep mode not restart of fresh start. please give me some suggestions as to how to resolve this issue. Thanks Eric

***Moved from: (Windows / Windows 10 / Performance & system failures / PC )***

EricFuhrimann, Jan 12, 2019
  4. Windows 10: When I start my computer from sleep mode it always opens with File Explorer...

File Explorer will not open in Windows 10

Got to step 7 and the computer went to sleep. Had to restart from the beginning, so could never get to the Safe Mode start.

To answer your questions

1. only evident with File Explorer

2. Do not know how to send a screen shot

3. Version 1709, OS build 16299.192

I did find if I Right click on the File Explorer start I do get a condensed listing of files.

DavidFrick, Jan 12, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10: When I start my computer from sleep mode it always opens with File Explorer...

1. Windows 10: When I start my computer from sleep mode it always opens with File Explorer... - Similar Threads - start computer sleep

2. My Computer Sleeps when I told it not to

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My Computer Sleeps when I told it not to: Hello guys. I have a Lenovo Ideapad 310-15iKB and Windows 10 v1803. My power plan is set to high performance. My computer is set not to sleep, although when I make it set to sleep mode, it continues to sleep when I turn it back on. The problem is gone when I restart though,...
  3. File Explorer always opens on startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer always opens on startup: My windows file explorer always opens on startup, and I cannot get it to stop. It always pulls up on the OneDrive Files (not sure if that is relevant). I cannot find a way to get it to not open. Any help?...
  4. This always happens when i start my PC.

in Windows 10 Customization
    This always happens when i start my PC.: There's this cmd pop-up when i start my PC, please help! [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/this-always-happens-when-i-start-my-pc/d462314e-7fe3-4a13-9c9d-11452319086a
  5. no file on computer will open or launch from Windows 10 file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    no file on computer will open or launch from Windows 10 file explorer: i7 7700k, 32gb ram, intel m.2 sata , rx580, all bios, firmware and drivers fully updated. Windows 10 Pro 1803 fully updated All apps fully updated ------- I will start by saying that I have tried everything I can think of short of giving up and reinstalling the OS to fix...
  6. Compatibility Mode Ignored When Opening File in Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Compatibility Mode Ignored When Opening File in Explorer: So we have a label printing program that the manufacturer built in a nice little "If WindowsVersion > 7 Then t('.'t)" message. We upgraded all officially supported by Dell machines to Windows 10, and we tested the program with Compatibility Mode set, everything worked fine....
  7. Windows Explorer crashes when I open File Explorer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Explorer crashes when I open File Explorer: So whenever I click File Explorer on the taskbar or in the start menu, Windows Explorer crashes and I need to go into task manager and restart it. But if I click a folder on my desktop it doesn't crash? 56915
  8. Flashing colors when I open my laptop from Sleep(Windows 10)

in Windows 10 Support
    Flashing colors when I open my laptop from Sleep(Windows 10): I recently installed Ubuntu onto my computer. After installing it, when my laptop goes to sleep (using Windows 10), it never really wakes up. All it does is flicker different colors. For now, I've worked around it by setting "close lid" to simply do nothing and the power...
  9. Computer does't open, when it is on sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer does't open, when it is on sleep mode.: Hi, I have formated my PackardBell PC. There is no problem about sleeping mode. And I have recovered The PC's image to another PC. But in this computer, when The PC is sleep on, I can't open with nothing. PCs' operation system is: Windows 10. Model: PackardBell All in...
  10. Images when starting up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Images when starting up from sleep mode: Hi there, Whenever my pc is in sleep mode or screensaver and I want to go back to my desktop I get this random image and I can choose if I like it or not. Does anybody know where that comes from and what these images are? Thanks in advance. 42342