Windows 10: Windows 10: When I start my computer from sleep mode it always opens with File Explorer...

Discus and support Windows 10: When I start my computer from sleep mode it always opens with File Explorer... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows 10: When I start my computer from sleep mode it always opens with File Explorer and a little window that says "Insert disc into drive H". Is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Acexyz, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Acexyz Win User

Windows 10: When I start my computer from sleep mode it always opens with File Explorer...

Windows 10: When I start my computer from sleep mode it always opens with File Explorer and a little window that says "Insert disc into drive H". Is this a default setting?

:)

Acexyz, Jan 12, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 12, 2019
  3. File Explorer always open on start up from sleep mode

Since last Windows 10 update KB4051963, My file explorer always opens after coming out of sleep mode to my G: drive which is my backup
    external usb drive. Virus scan shows no viruses. Nothing unusual in task manager / startup. this only happens after sleep mode not restart of fresh start. please give me some suggestions as to how to resolve this issue. Thanks Eric

***Moved from: (Windows / Windows 10 / Performance & system failures / PC )***

EricFuhrimann, Jan 12, 2019
  4. Windows 10: When I start my computer from sleep mode it always opens with File Explorer...

File Explorer will not open in Windows 10

Got to step 7 and the computer went to sleep. Had to restart from the beginning, so could never get to the Safe Mode start.

To answer your questions

1. only evident with File Explorer

2. Do not know how to send a screen shot

3. Version 1709, OS build 16299.192

I did find if I Right click on the File Explorer start I do get a condensed listing of files.

DavidFrick, Jan 12, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10: When I start my computer from sleep mode it always opens with File Explorer...

1. Windows 10: When I start my computer from sleep mode it always opens with File Explorer... - Similar Threads - start computer sleep

2. Microsoft edge ALWAYS opens itself when I wake my computer up from sleep. NOT when I power...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft edge ALWAYS opens itself when I wake my computer up from sleep. NOT when I power...: I have "windows spotlight" turned off and I have rigorously checked the setting of the edge browser as well as the settings on my computer which is currently running windows 11. I use Firefox and have ZERO INTEREST in using edge for anything....
  3. Microsoft edge ALWAYS opens itself when I wake my computer up from sleep. NOT when I power...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft edge ALWAYS opens itself when I wake my computer up from sleep. NOT when I power...: I have "windows spotlight" turned off and I have rigorously checked the setting of the edge browser as well as the settings on my computer which is currently running windows 11. I use Firefox and have ZERO INTEREST in using edge for anything....
  4. Windows file explorer opening many windows when opening from sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows file explorer opening many windows when opening from sleep.: Every time I let my Windows 11 computer sleep, either by closing the lid or leaving it idle, file explorer opens around 30 tabs when I log back in, even if the app wasn't open when I put the computer to sleep. It's not a big deal because I can easily close them all, but it is...
  5. Windows file explorer opening many windows when opening from sleep.

Windows file explorer opening many windows when opening from sleep.: Every time I let my Windows 11 computer sleep, either by closing the lid or leaving it idle, file explorer opens around 30 tabs when I log back in, even if the app wasn't open when I put the computer to sleep. It's not a big deal because I can easily close them all, but it is...
  6. Laptop always reboots when waking from Sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop always reboots when waking from Sleep mode: I have a Lenovo laptop model 81SS, running Windows 11 Enterprise which always reboots losing all open apps, etc. when waking from Sleep mode. The assigned user states that it has always done that, and she has just recently cranked up the Sleep settings to get around it, as it...
  7. Laptop always reboots when waking from Sleep mode

Laptop always reboots when waking from Sleep mode: I have a Lenovo laptop model 81SS, running Windows 11 Enterprise which always reboots losing all open apps, etc. when waking from Sleep mode. The assigned user states that it has always done that, and she has just recently cranked up the Sleep settings to get around it, as it...
  8. Opening files after putting computer on sleep mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Opening files after putting computer on sleep mode: After putting my computer on sleep mode and waking it up, I can no longer open certain files unless I restart my computer. Specifically videos using VLC Media Player. I click open many times and nothing comes up. This is also the case with a few games and the program...
  9. File Explorer not opening when choosing from START

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer not opening when choosing from START: I'm curious if others are experiencing the following anomaly: 1) File Explorer is "pinned" to the Start menu (Windows 7 style view, i.e., not full menu) 2) File Explorer is opened from the Start menu (first time) -- File Explorer opens with no trouble or time delay 3) File...
  10. Computer does't open, when it is on sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer does't open, when it is on sleep mode.: Hi, I have formated my PackardBell PC. There is no problem about sleeping mode. And I have recovered The PC's image to another PC. But in this computer, when The PC is sleep on, I can't open with nothing. PCs' operation system is: Windows 10. Model: PackardBell All in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when i start my computer from sleep mode it always opens with file explorer and a little window that says insert disc into drive h

2. file explorer always opens when i wake my laptop from sleeping

3. file explorer opens when laptop woken from sleep mode