Windows 10: Windows 10 white or black screen on launch - Display adapters

Discus and support Windows 10 white or black screen on launch - Display adapters in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; For ~30 days henever I updated my display adapter to any of AMD display adapters it made my screen flicker. In browser and on windows desktop it was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DavesDave, Aug 6, 2021.

1. DavesDave Win User

Windows 10 white or black screen on launch - Display adapters

For ~30 days henever I updated my display adapter to any of AMD display adapters it made my screen flicker. In browser and on windows desktop it was worse than games. Only way I could fix it was by downloading Microsoft Basic Display Adapter. For last 4 days it got worse - whenever I wanted to enter game and so I updated back to AMD display adapter my screen become either black, grey or white. After restarting nothing changed. Only way I could fix it was by going into safe mode and going back to Microsoft Basic Display Adapter.I thought maybe I could fix the white, black screen issue by rese

:)

DavesDave, Aug 6, 2021

2. Issue with black screen, dual display, ATI Integrated GPU

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to go to device manager and disable the display drivers, check whether the issue persists or not.

• Press Windows + X keys and click
      Device manager.
    • Click to expand Display adapters, right click the second adapter and click
      Disable.
    • Restart the computer and check whether the issue persists or not.
    • Repeat the same steps to disable the first display adapter and check if it helps.

If you find the issue is with anyone of the display adapters then, I suggest you to update the display drivers from the manufactures website for Windows 10 and check if it helps.

Method 2: I suggest you to follow the steps form the below article for
    “Black Screen” issues and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Aug 6, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Black screen after updating display drivers

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that after upgrading the graphics drivers, you are receiving a Black screen. I’ll certainly assist
    you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• When exactly do you see a black screen?

• Are you able to boot the computer to the login in screen?

• What is the make and model of the computer?

I suggest you to try refreshing the graphics driver by using the key sequence
    Windows logo key + Ctrl + Shift + B and see if that helps.

I would suggest you to try booting the computer into Safe Mode and try disabling the display driver. Refer
    the article on Start
    your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

After booting the computer to Safe Mode, refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press
      Windows logo key + X, and select Device Manager.

2. Expand
      Display Adapters.

3. Right click on the
      Display driver and select Disable device.

4. Restart the computer.

If this allows you to boot the computer to normal mode, try uninstalling the driver.
    To do this, refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press
      Windows logo key + X, and select Device Manager.

2. Expand
      Display Adapters.

3. Right click on the
      Display driver and select Uninstall.

4. Restart the computer.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 6, 2021
  4. Windows 10 white or black screen on launch - Display adapters

Windows 10 black screen on some monitors

Hi Sean,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused. I will be glad to assist you with this.

There can be many reasons for this issue. The main causes observed are:

• Problems with the driver for your display adapter;

• The video output is being sent to an unexpected port;

I would suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps given in the help article below and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Aug 6, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 white or black screen on launch - Display adapters

1. Windows 10 white or black screen on launch - Display adapters - Similar Threads - white black screen

2. Microsoft Store displays a blank Black or White screen

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Store displays a blank Black or White screen: [ATTACH]Several Windows users have reported experiencing a blank Black or White screen issue on Microsoft Store. This issue could be caused due to multiple reasons including a corrupted Store cache, damaged system files, and incorrect time and region settings. Now, if you are...
  3. White and black screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    White and black screen: Hey Microsoft team, I really need your help. I downloaded a new skin pack for my acer aspire win 10 and it started restarting on its own, I left it for 1 hr coming back it showed the windows logo while booting, after that started showing white and black screen and didn't...
  4. Screen goes black and white when launching crusader kings3

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen goes black and white when launching crusader kings3: This only happens with ck3 and it stops when I close, it changed everything outside of the game to nobody else experienced it, i got it with gamepass. I tried deleting then reinstalling it but it still doesn’t work submitted by /u/Rataratarataratarat [link] [comments]...
  5. black and white screen

black and white screen: what can i do to get my screen in color it was a split screen you helped with that and now its black and white https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-and-white-screen/33994b21-925a-4f9d-855f-0046aaa2176e
  6. screen in black & white

screen in black & white: My screen showing in black and white. Pressing Ctrl + Windows + C and it won't change it back to color....?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-in-black-white/a8e833e3-2709-4917-b1ae-7d00040a930d
  7. Black and white screen

Black and white screen: I am unable to change my screen back to the previous background colour. Not only this, but all the photos in my albums have also turned black/white/grey. No more colour in my photos or on screen. In settings - personalisation - colours, I am only being shown a grey colour-...
  8. Black and White Screen

Black and White Screen: Okay, so everytime I play a video or launch a game, it converts its color to black and white. I can see color only for around 2 seconds then it just turns black and white. I've restarted my computer, checked to see if my color filter was off it was, I even checked high...
  9. Black and white screen

Black and white screen: I just got a new computer with the windows 10. I am not very good with computers and went to change the picture to one of my photos and now I have a black and white everything. Can someone help me - explain in easy terms or draw me a picture? I have tried the virtual...
  10. Windows 10 Update Black Screen Failures Caused by Display Adapters?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Update Black Screen Failures Caused by Display Adapters?: For the below pictured 2012 ACER All-In-One, Windows 10 updates crash repeatedly with the black screen as shown. Setup automatically rolls back following a hard shut down.* Disconnecting power and waiting hours will occasionally let the setup continue, but only briefly until...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. troubleshoot display adapter windows 10